SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Mental Health Issues
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 4th February 2019, 00:00

Mood
Paranoid

Default Re: The Suicide Thread - Trigger Warning

thanks Itzum
Old 4th February 2019, 10:17

I am sorry you are having such thoughts Skitz, it must be very distressing for you. Stay strong x
Old 4th February 2019, 18:59

Sending you warm thoughts, skitz. Hope you're okay
Old 9th February 2019, 02:53

Mood
Grumpy

When things don't get better... And I am honestly the worst thing to happen to my family. Like I'm literally every sore point for them - and that's when I'm not even thinking about family. When I'm being selfish (which is more often than not); I just wish that I would not wake up tomorrow. The first time I self-harmed was when I was fourteen. Fat lot of good that did. I've had futile suicide attempts since then (I can't even do that right - that's how fecking useless I am). Sorry to everyone reading this; I'm just really in a low point right now. The best I can do for this world is just disappear.
Old 9th February 2019, 03:35

^ Hope those feelings pass.
Old 9th February 2019, 08:48

^^ I'm so sorry you are feeling so low Austere. Please don't feel that you need to apologise for posting your feelings here, that's exactly what this thread is for and it's the one place where you can guarantee your voice will he heard Don't give up, you have as much to offer this world as anyone else. Be gentle with yourself x
Old 19th February 2019, 02:04

I've been feeling more and more lately that I don't want to be alive. I don't think I actually want to do anything about it currently, but I have this strong sense of not wanting to value my life, to want to think of it as disposable, in the hope that if I just let myself go enough I'll get to a point where I stop caring completely.

I'm probably not making sense. What I mean is, I don't think I'm impulsive enough (or brave enough, or whatever) to just kill myself, so it's almost like I instead want to approach it as a long term project, where if I whittle away at the reasons to stay alive, the rest will just sort itself out somehow, even if it takes years. It's like, I want to die, but I don't want to go kicking and screaming, I want to actually be at peace with it.
Old 19th February 2019, 12:19

^ Aw Merrit, I am so sorry you are feeling this way
Death will come soon enough to all of us that's for sure, so when your time naturally comes I truly hope that it is something that you do feel at peace with. In the meantime, I hope so much that you are able to experience many moments of contentment and joy to make your time here a lot more bearable. (Btw, can I take the opportunity to add that I particularly like reading your posts on the forum because they are always so sensitive and thoughtful but show much humour too )
Old 19th February 2019, 17:06

Mood
Balanced

You on any form of anti-depressant Skitz? I didn't give them much credence before that the 1st one I tried had zero effect and even the ones that did eventually work I had to get the dosage increased for it to have an effect.
Old 19th February 2019, 20:00

^^ Thank you Consolida, you're very kind
Old 22nd February 2019, 22:29

Mood
Sad

Bless you Skitz. I hope these feelings pass.I know what you're going through as I too have similar thoughts from time to time but, as things stand, I am unlikely to act on my thoughts. Keep going!
Old 23rd February 2019, 23:36

Tired of dealing with adults behaving like children not getting their way, the general public and their petty, greedy demands and family and whatever the hell they are doing to each other this week. Most of all tired of myself and this now constant fight I'm having internally over nothing that even really exists but seems to matter more than anything. Then someone randomly asks me what the point of life is and I can't find one. I just want sleep.
Old 2nd March 2019, 11:36

^ I hope you are feeling a little better since posting this here itzum?
Old 2nd March 2019, 15:13

I'm sorry to read that so many of you seem to have been struggling lately; I know I haven't been around much, but you're important people in my life and (being completely selfish here), I'd like you to be around in the future. Austere & Merritt, I am no stranger to the feeling of just wanting not to exist any more and / or not to wake up in the morning (although I'm thankful that I haven't experienced that recently). Itzum, it is hell when life seems like a pointless fight and everyone around you seems to have their own petty agenda and Consolida, that light at the end of the tunnel may be just around the next bend, so please do hang on until it appears. Skitz, it seems that your battle with depression is endless but having had years myself when it seemed as if there was no hope or future, I can tell you that there can be an end to it and life can be meaningful again.

We all know that there are no easy answers; depression is a guest which needs no invitation and visits even when things are, to any independent observer, going well. Winter is almost over now and the nights are getting shorter, so I can only hope that Spring brings better mood to you all. You have all helped me through some really dark times in my past and the contributions you make here are invaluable - I wish I could give you all a massive hug and tell you that things will get better, but I know that you wouldn't believe me right now and my only hope is that you will all see that in the very near future.
Old 2nd March 2019, 22:04

Mood
Sad

Thankyou Gregarious Introvert. It's good to read your wise words.
Old 3rd March 2019, 19:51

Mood
Alienated

I hope all you recent posters are feeling a bit better.

I'm struggling to see what the benefits are of remaining here. I just disappoint people and annoy people. I have no drive to get a 'better' job (better usually meaning you have to cope better with high stress careers and become one of those knobs that talks in management-speak). I don't fit in to this extroverted and bigoted society, where people constantly judge each other and bully.

I'm kind of blaming society for all my problems, which isn't completely accurate. Most of my problems are my own doing - by being a lazy selfish waste of space, who refuses to be normal.

There is no place for me here (well, that's how it feels most of the time).

EDIT: Don't worry about me doing something silly - I won't do. I shall just keep plodding along! I do certainly apprieciate that my life could be an awful lot worse, and I am grateful that it isn't. I just wish I felt I fitted in to society, without having to pretend to be something i'm not.
Old 4th March 2019, 11:40

I hope you're feeling OK today, Aleks, hang in there xx
Old 4th March 2019, 12:12

^^^ I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling this way again, Aleks and I hope it passes quickly; I'm not going to say anything which I haven"t said to you before, but it's all still true. You are not in the least bit lazy, you do a meaningful and worthwhile job, which you do well and which has earned the respect of your colleagues; given the issues you have to overcome in order to do that, day after day, you should be proud of yourself. If you were doing something more "high-powered", someone else would be doing your job and probably not nearly as well.

As for disappointing and annoying people (which we all do sometimes), I don't know which people you believe you've disappointed, but from what I can see, nobody has any reason to feel that way about you. Families (and all relationships) have their frictions and it seems to me that you are valued by your friends, with whom I know you share meaningful and worthwhile experiences.

You're right that your life could be worse, but so could the lives of others around you, if you weren't there to make them richer. You contribute a great deal and I hope it won't be long before you realise that.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
Old 4th March 2019, 20:07

Big hugs for you, Aleks. You're a goodun. The world needs ya.
Old 4th March 2019, 22:36

Mood
Alienated

Wow, some really lovely comments, thank you. People like you four help to make the world a better place - I hope you realise that

I also hope people don't think i'm having a go at people who are career-driven with high stress jobs. I kind of feel it came across that way, but its not really my intention.
Old 9th March 2019, 01:18

Mood
Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by john smith
You on any form of anti-depressant Skitz? I didn't give them much credence before that the 1st one I tried had zero effect and even the ones that did eventually work I had to get the dosage increased for it to have an effect.
Hey no not at the minute. I dont trust them. They make me fat and crazy . Now i can manage my thoughts and im just about coping and getting on with things but if im on meds i just lose it and act on it more. I have tried a lot and high doses.
Old 9th March 2019, 01:39

Mood
Paranoid

You know when you have been depressed all your life and it jsut feels like you will never see light at the end of the tunnel.. fml...
Old 9th March 2019, 06:27

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still feeling this way, Skitz - I've experienced extended periods of depression but nothing like you seem to be enduring, so I can only imagine how it feels for you.

I do think you may need to have a frank chat with a consultant psychiatrist about medication and therapies - I can see from your response above that this hasn't worked for you in the past, but perhaps there is something out there which might and it's worth investigating (along with less conventional medicines).

Depression can seem never-ending, but I hope that the light at the end of your tunnel starts glimmering soon.

Old 9th March 2019, 17:48

Mood
Paranoid

I am trying therapy at the moment greg but I dont think it will work. I dont find it easy to open up about my feelings. I dont think I can see a pscyhiatrist now as I took my name of the mental health team list. I am glad you have managed ot get over your depression. Thanks for your kind words hope you are well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregarious_introvert
I'm so sorry to hear that you're still feeling this way, Skitz - I've experienced extended periods of depression but nothing like you seem to be enduring, so I can only imagine how it feels for you.

I do think you may need to have a frank chat with a consultant psychiatrist about medication and therapies - I can see from your response above that this hasn't worked for you in the past, but perhaps there is something out there which might and it's worth investigating (along with less conventional medicines).

Depression can seem never-ending, but I hope that the light at the end of your tunnel starts glimmering soon.

Old 12th March 2019, 02:06

@ gregarious_introvert Thanks for you kind words to me further up x

I hope everyone else who has posted here recently starts to see some light at the end of the tunnel soon.
Old 12th March 2019, 10:02

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolida
@ gregarious_introvert Thanks for you kind words to me further up x

I hope everyone else who has posted here recently starts to see some light at the end of the tunnel soon.
I second this immensely.
Old 13th March 2019, 00:48

Mood
Paranoid

hope you all feel better too. feels crap feeling like this.
Old 20th March 2019, 00:11

Mood
Paranoid

cant cope
Old 20th March 2019, 00:23

^ You seem to have been doing so much better recently, Skitz; I'm sorry to see you posting here again.

I suspect that depression is preventing you from doing the things you enjoy and.that's why life seems pointless right now. It's a long road, but I hope you can continue getting out and about, find that energy you had again and then one day, you may see things differently.

Stay strong!

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
Old 20th March 2019, 00:40

Mood
Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregarious_introvert
^ You seem to have been doing so much better recently, Skitz; I'm sorry to see you posting here again.

I suspect that depression is preventing you from doing the things you enjoy and.that's why life seems pointless right now. It's a long road, but I hope you can continue getting out and about, find that energy you had again and then one day, you may see things differently.

Stay strong!

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
thanks , yeah i am getting on with things but my bloody brain keeps me from sleeping. don't know how much I can take of it really. hope your holiday is good?