SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th April 2022, 22:55

Mood
Breezy

Default Re: How are you feeling physically?

They sound a bit petty his parents. I would certainly seek a professional diagnosis while you're here. Talk to your GP as soon as you are able too.
Old 10th April 2022, 07:59

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemonkey
Did some walking without the frame while my (s)daughter and a granddaughter were here ., after they'd got my shopping. At the moment I'm tending to look down at my feet , rather than looking head up in the direction I want to go. Also need to slow down,and not rush so much. As my (s)daughter has said 'It's not not a race' She's going to get the granddaughters to walk near me as I do some walking, when they come to clean the flat.
The gt grandson, who has just turned two, has taken to mimicking my walk. LOL
Aw that's so sweet! Your family sounds lovely.
Old 10th April 2022, 08:04

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S
Wow, that is ridiculously petty
Okay, this is how I feel, but I wasn't not sure if I'm overreacting or not... But you know, it just gets really grating over time. It just seems like constant complaints towards me and nothing nice is being said, and it just wears me down. My husband says that's how his parents are though. It's just hard to adjust when my family is the pure opposite.

It also makes me glad that they don't speak English very well lol...
Old 10th April 2022, 12:48
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralOwls
Aw that's so sweet! Your family sounds lovely.
They're great. I'm emotionally closer to my granddaughters than I am to my sister's children. I've not seen my nieces very much,whereas I see my granddaughters at least once a week. I say 'l love you' to my (s) daughter and granddaughters far more than I've ever done with my birth family. It's reciprocated.

My (s) daughter describes me as dad or stepdad depending on the company she's with. Sadly some people can be a bit off re her calling me dad. I've known her for nearly 40 years whereas her biological father had disappeared off the scene when she was very young.
Old 11th April 2022, 15:26
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Did some walking without the frame while youngest granddaughter was here.She went in front of me with the zimmer.Far end of lounge to bedroom- then to kitchen- very short pause and then walked till I got to the computer chair in the lounge . I was feeling a bit knackered by then so stopped and sat down.
Old 11th April 2022, 17:46

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
I would guess you will feel kinda trapped as you have to try and keep the peace as you need to live there for the time being. They wouldn't like me either as I've always held my fork in my right hand Not only that but I'm gay which would probably mortify them!
Hahah oh gosh! Probably. D: It makes me sad that people can think this way. I think the typical conservative mindset is rooted in fear, and my husband has caught them watching a lot of fear-mongering stuff on TV that definitely doesn't help. His mom has mental health problems, and the both of them are easily persuaded by strangers.

They are nice at least, but yeah... I have to keep a lot of secrets myself. They think I'm converted Muslim (lol I'm actually a practicing pagan witch ), but they are so superstitious that they literally got upset at me bringing home a garden ornament shaped like a fairy. I think his father would have a heart attack if he found out what I practice

But even still, out of respect I don't practice in their home. Even though nothing I do is negative, I strongly believe that their own energy would turn it into that. It does really box myself in though. :S
Old 11th April 2022, 20:28
Banned at own request

That’s good firemonkey keep going, I did some aerobic work out on the stepper today it amazes me 18 to late 20s I never felt it much now I’m coming up to 31 I really feel it these days I dread 40
Old 19th April 2022, 23:41

Mood
Spaced

Oof I have literally been plagued by headaches nearly every day since that mental breakdown. I already get them pretty often, but I think the stress really brought it home this time. :/

Well, it's gone for now. Fingers crossed that I don't get anymore headaches for a while.
Old 20th April 2022, 09:19
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

I can now walk reasonably well,, no doubt with the odd gait I've always had However I can't do it for very long, as I get heavy legged. Overall I don't feel too bad for my age
Old 20th April 2022, 10:23

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
Glad you're feeling better.

What do you think of the shithole England so far?
Haha! Well honestly, so far my experience hasn't been too bad? It's a shame with what's going on with the government and stuff, but honestly I feel like it's not nearly as bad as the States' still. :T

On a cultural level though? I haven't had much complaints so far. Driving is pretty wild, but thankfully I don't have to do that. My husband is a great one. I get pretty carsick from the roads though lol!

People seem nice enough? They keep to themselves a lot, which is great. The ones I do interact with have been pretty nice to me though.

There are definitely some people embracing the ghetto lifestyle here hhaa, but what country doesn't have it? Last weekend I went to the park and some boys took out a motorcycle and started riding it around the sidewalk where elderly and families were. I was pretty flabbergasted by that

I feel like I could make a whole thread about the experience of living here, but the culture shock for me hasn't been too crazy. To me, Portland already has this lifestyle going (minus the guns here thankfully).

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemonkey
I can now walk reasonably well,, no doubt with the odd gait I've always had However I can't do it for very long, as I get heavy legged. Overall I don't feel too bad for my age
That's so good to hear! :D
Old 21st April 2022, 03:27

Tired, I seem to be part of the insomnia club again, slept for a few hours, wide awake during the early hours, knackered in the morning and want to stay in bed.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Old 21st April 2022, 16:43
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Gp has just seen me. My (s) daughter was here with me.Legs are swollen quite a lot. Need to be able to get outside and walk. At the moment I'm flat bound. My (s) has said she can't take the risk of my falling down the stair and needs the physios to confirm it's safe to do so. I said to the GP I'd managed the test stairs at the rehab unit OK, but she said that after 3 weeks or so not doing something like that you lose the muscle strength.

I'm second on the list for a place that's available. My (s)daughter has asked the GP to write a more strongly worded letter re my needing to move.She doesn't think the GP will do so.

It was also pointed out that being flat bound wasn't good for my mental health.
Old 21st April 2022, 17:00

Mood
Cynical

^ That's a bit of a difficult situation. Are you able to sit with your feet up sometimes? That can help with swelling.
I'm sure all your practicing walking will help with gaining back muscle strength so keeping going with that seems like a good thing to do.
Old 21st April 2022, 18:14

Mood
Breezy

Good luck Firemonkey
Old 21st April 2022, 18:32
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^ That's a bit of a difficult situation. Are you able to sit with your feet up sometimes? That can help with swelling.
I'm sure all your practicing walking will help with gaining back muscle strength so keeping going with that seems like a good thing to do.
I've got a wide stool I can put my feet up on. The walking' is gradually improving.
Old 21st April 2022, 18:32
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy
Good luck Firemonkey
Thank you.
Old 21st April 2022, 19:10
Banned at own request

Maybe they will give you a bungalow Firemonkey, Good Luck
Old 21st April 2022, 19:27
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

I'm currently 2nd on the list for a place that's available. They've already said that a 1st floor place, even if there's a lift,is out of the question due to my mobility issues.. That seems to be a recent policy as through her work my (s)daughter knows several people with mobility issues in such flats.
Old 21st April 2022, 20:38
Banned at own request

I hope they send you somewhere nice and that wherever you go you are happy and get good neighbours
Old 22nd April 2022, 07:05
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

^ Thank you. My (s)daughter will do her best to make sure I move to a good place..
Old 7th May 2022, 11:00

Tired and achey. Slept for England, feeling no better. I've bought vit-C and am expecting them at some point today, though not expecting miracles. Think i'll start on the super duper prescription allergy meds that i've got leftover from last year.
Old 7th May 2022, 11:11
Banned at own request

Sorry you aren’t feeling great Rocket Spud, have you tried wellman Original supplements, they are suppose to be very good.
Old 7th May 2022, 11:19

Thanks, Quietman. I don't usually feel like this so a general supplement such as Wellman's probably won't do the job i'm afraid, it's a reaction to allergies that i'm suffering from.
Old 7th May 2022, 16:08

I feel like someone crept into my room last night and rubbed a block of sandpaper down the back of my throat. OUCH!

Who gets a cold in May? Who!

Going to go to the shop to buy some ginger. I'm hoping some ginger, lemon and honey and hot water will alleviate it a little.

I'm shivering. I feel so chilly.

I'm trying to write four assignments when I just want to be wrapped up warm in bed.
Old 7th May 2022, 16:30

No, not you as well!

Lol, since the exercise and shower, i've had something to eat and been in a right daze. I'm having second thoughts about what's wrong because i'm back to feeling poorly. I'm really, really tired and achey - i could just as well go to bed already is how i'm feeling.

Is something going around?

Hope you get well soon - don't forget to add orange to your drink, it goes well and should help.
Old 7th May 2022, 16:55

^ yep, me as well! did you lick my avatar and electronically pass on your germs?

Thank you and thanks for the tip! I'll add a slice of orange in there too.

Same here - ever so achy and tired. I could happily go to bed right now, too. Maybe I'll have some soup. Then do an assignment in bed with the ginger drink.

Feel better soon
Old 7th May 2022, 18:17
Banned at own request

Have you tried some Antihistamines Rocketspud they are good for allergies, this one is good
acrivastine it can be brought from any supermarket/Pharmacy.
Old 7th May 2022, 20:12

Mood
Breezy

Feel better soon Rocket Spud and Biscuits.
Old 7th May 2022, 21:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ yep, me as well! did you lick my avatar and electronically pass on your germs?

Thank you and thanks for the tip! I'll add a slice of orange in there too.

Same here - ever so achy and tired. I could happily go to bed right now, too. Maybe I'll have some soup. Then do an assignment in bed with the ginger drink.

Feel better soon
I always lick your avatar

I'm thinking of doing onion soup. I haven't really had any appetite today though, so could quite easily go without the third meal. Hope you got your homework done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietman
Have you tried some Antihistamines Rocketspud they are good for allergies, this one is good
acrivastine it can be brought from any supermarket/Pharmacy.
I've got Fexofenadine (120mg) from last years season to start on when i'm sure it's hay fever. I don't remember having a bad season last year so maybe this stuff actually works.

Quote:
Tired. Spent the afternoon painting my garden shed with wood preservative. Something I've been putting off for ages. Feels good to have it done though.

Hope Rocket Spud and biscuits soon feel better.
Cheers, Lee. Good work with the shed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy
Feel better soon Rocket Spud and Biscuits.
Cheers, Percy.
Old 7th May 2022, 21:35

Mood
Alienated

Not great. I’ve realised that, due to my gradually worsening disability, I can no longer climb stairs without a handrail, even if it’s just a couple of steps. Well, I can, but I just look incredibly drunk. Along with my thinning hair, I’m starting to feel like I’m ageing fast, and I’m not even 30 yet.

I don’t think about this all the time, but it just upset me today. My disability could be a lot worse, and I’m grateful for that, but I really don’t like to be reminded of it.

Also, as it has become more obvious at work, I’ve noticed colleagues are a lot more concerned about how I am, and are extra nice with opening doors, letting me go first etc. It shows how they are lovely caring people, but I don’t like it.