SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 14th May 2005, 14:32
infamy141

Default New to board but not to subject

Hello my name is not infamy141. its something else entirely but I suffer from socual phobia, I am apprehensive in new places and i find the local social "scene" to hard-bitten and intimidating, I dislike football, loud music and dancing and feel uncomfortable in these situations - i do avoid them. i am exteremely uncomfortable with people outside my age group-I would not wish to be alone among young people for instance - I am 47 years of age.
My username is because i feel society has it "in for me" and the 141 is a significant number in my life. I did post on the over- 30s board but I entered through the wrong door as it were. Hope this is the start of a long and useful contact.
Old 14th May 2005, 16:40
Shaz82

Default Re: New to board but not to subject

Hello infamy141 (Emote: wave) welcome to sauk (Emote: smile)
Old 14th May 2005, 16:46
Rufus1

Hello infamy.(Emote: beerchug)
Old 14th May 2005, 20:31
woodbutcher

Hi Infamy
Old 14th May 2005, 21:29
introverted_guy

Welcome to SAUK! (Emote: wave)
Old 21st May 2005, 10:33
Forest_Hills

"Infamy, infamy... They've all got it in for me!" Keneth Williams in Carry On Screaming. Wondered if that inspired you?

I had to post a reply because 3 things I love are football, loud music and dancing. All very things that attract extrovert people you may think but maybe not.

I do love football, both playing and watching but I am fully aware that I am something of a football bore. It's an easy topic to converse about and there are sooo many blokes in particular who can bang on about it forever. It's my safe subject, I can always find an opinion. It's not good though because after a while it is boring and I use it to avoid having to have any other kind of conversation which I find more difficult.

Loud music and dancing. Not done this too much of late but I used to go to House music clubs because you can easily dance alone and the loud music makes conversation difficult. You can be at a social event and still kind of hide. Course I'd much rather be dancing with the pretty brunette in the corner but that rarely ever happened.

I also just like lots of music (I went to see The Fall last night) and it always sounds best loud! Lol

Anyway, welcome to the board!
Old 5th June 2005, 11:10
annie1

Hi infamy, welcome to SA UK (Emote: smileyellow)
Old 15th June 2005, 14:33
scimmy

Hi Infamy

l certainly know what you mean about interacting with younger people. l'm 42 and get absolutely petrified lf l happen to be in my local Sommerfields at school kick-out.

l was in there recently and had forgotten the time, all of a sudden the place fills with mouthy teenagers (No, l know not all teenagers are mouthy) and l turn very pale.. Even the lady on the cash desk asked me if l was ok.

Not been on here for a while, nice to see some new members.

Closed Thread