SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 6th January 2024, 11:08

Default Wellness journal

Ive started a wellness journal. I ordered one from Amazon by clever fox. Its fantastic. Has lots of creative stuff like stickers and reflective pages. I feel it will be helpful for my mental health as I like journalling anyway!
Is anyone else doing anything like this?
Old 10th January 2024, 09:06

Default Re: Wellness journal

I am already a big fan of journalling and want to be more consistent about it this year. I use a mix of typing into a Word document on my PC, writing longhand into a plain A4 spiral notebook, and if I have a random thought late at night I will use the Penzu app on my phone. Separately from that I use the free app Presently as a gratitude journal.

The times I have enjoyed journaling the most have been when the author Marianne Power used to host group journalling workshops on Eventbrite called "Writing For Fun And Sanity" where she'd give us prompts and we'd go away for 10 minutes and write then regroup and share as much or little as we wished. It was such a simple thing but it was nice hanging out with like-minded people online. The workshops were based around ideas from Julia Cameron's "The Artists Way" which I think is a very good book or audiobook for anyone who wants to explore the benefits of journalling.

Someone I respect mentioned they like using a particular structured journal called "The 6-minute success journal" which I now own but haven't quite started yet.