SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 18th September 2023, 18:55

Default Do you floss?

Im really into flossing my teeth and scraping my tongue at the moment. I find it does make a huge difference to the way my teeth look and feel!
I dont know why I've gotten so into it at the moment but I wondered if others enjoyed doing it too?
I often think a lot about the night time rituals of the people who post on this forum and Im not sure why. Its like wanting to know what my SA UK friends do I suppose
I remember when Percy posted a picture of himself with a packet of biscuits and I used to imagine sharing a cup of tea and a biscuit with Percy before bed. Sorry Percy, Im sure you dont have a cup of tea and biscuit before bed!!!
Funnily enough I never think of biscuits having a biscuit before bed....more like a herbal tea!

I dont know whether others feel this but it feels like these little self care things make a big difference to the way you feel...like I love to do skincare before bed and really get into it.
Before when I was struggling to get into the bath I used to do this mini bed bath kind of thing with a flannel and towels in my bed and it always felt just amazing. Like my mum would bring me this little bowl and it felt so nurturing and special.

Does anyone else relate to this? I feel like a proper weirdo with this kind of thing but its these little rituals that make you feel safe? I guess that could be interpreted as a form of OCD?

What rituals do you love to perform on an evening?
Old 16th December 2023, 22:42

Mood
Pensive

Default Re: Do you floss?

I floss every night with interdental brushes. Dental floss is the devils work.

Flossing helps prevent heart disease.

I also put cream on my heels every night to prevent cracking, as I walk a lot (13 miles today) and if I don't look after my feet, they get in a bit of a state.

About once a week, I soak my feet in warm water and take a foot file to them.
Old 16th December 2023, 22:58

Mood
Cynical

^ How come you walk 13 miles a day Rhino?

Yes i floss three times a day.
Old 17th December 2023, 03:06

Mood
Pensive

I don't walk 13 miles every day, but usually 8 to 10.

It's partly boredom, partly because it raises your mood and it's a good way of keeping fit and keeping the weight off, though that is getting increasingly difficult as I age.
Old 17th December 2023, 08:21

that's is correct, I never have biscuits before bed. I don't often have biscuits. Looking forward to tucking into some at Christmas though!

Sometimes I have a herbal tea early in the evening :D

I use those interdental brushes. Stringy floss gives me anxiety because I got it stuck once and my heart did that thing where it feels like it stops. I can't help how it over reacts.

I thought about getting one of those water floss contraptions but I'm wondering if it becomes a messy event.
Old 17th December 2023, 20:41

I'm supposed to. I actually prefer the stringy floss. Need to get back into it.
Old 17th December 2023, 23:42

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.H.I.N.O.
I don't walk 13 miles every day, but usually 8 to 10.

It's partly boredom, partly because it raises your mood and it's a good way of keeping fit and keeping the weight off, though that is getting increasingly difficult as I age.
That is still a lot of walking! But good for your health and wellbeing like you say. It's much harder to feel like going for a walk at this time of year i find.