SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Mental Health Issues
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 8th August 2018, 22:03

Mood
Alienated

Default Hearing whispering and voices

I've finally moved and all the weeks of preparation have paid off! I'm spending my first night in my new home. On a more serious note I'm hearing whispering which has increased in volume during the past hour along with my anxiety. The voices are getting louder and angrier with words containing personal insults towards me. I'm also getting flashbacks of bullying. I'll get through this but this is the worst it has been tonight and I think it has been triggered by all the stress of moving combined with past traumas. I've decided to look for a GP surgery tomorrow to register with and make an appointment to see a doctor as soon as I can.

Sorry, I just want to get my feelings out into the open and this is the only way I feel able to do it at the moment.
Old 9th August 2018, 11:56

Mood
Sneaky

Default Re: Hearing whispering and voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink*Lady
I've finally moved and all the weeks of preparation have paid off! I'm spending my first night in my new home. On a more serious note I'm hearing whispering which has increased in volume during the past hour along with my anxiety. The voices are getting louder and angrier with words containing personal insults towards me. I'm also getting flashbacks of bullying. I'll get through this but this is the worst it has been tonight and I think it has been triggered by all the stress of moving combined with past traumas. I've decided to look for a GP surgery tomorrow to register with and make an appointment to see a doctor as soon as I can.

Sorry, I just want to get my feelings out into the open and this is the only way I feel able to do it at the moment.

well done with the move and for sure get along to see a gp about this, it does not sound pleasant at all. hope you had a great 1st night in your new place
Old 9th August 2018, 12:34

Hope you’re okay Pink Lady. It sounds like you’ve got a lot of exciting and stressful things going on right now. Make sure you’re looking after yourself - sleep, water and food. Hope going to the doc helps to get the support with this
Old 9th August 2018, 18:18

I hope it's only stress and will go away and not some form of schizophrenia (unlikely)
Old 9th August 2018, 20:25

Mood
Alienated

Thank you for your replies Kevin Hodge, biscuits and limey123. I've found a GP surgery to register with but have to sort out proof of ID and proof that I live at my new property before I can register and make an appointment. I've had some whispering today and sudden jolts of flashbacks with angry people from my past throughout the day. Thank god I'm on annual leave this week. I've managed to keep busy by putting together my furniture and unpacking boxes. The whispering and flashbacks are unpleasant but on a more positive note my new home is lovely. :-)
Old 10th August 2018, 00:34

Congratulations on moving into your new home, Pink*Lady
I hope you can now relax and enjoy your lovely new surroundings

You’ve obviously been under extreme pressure recently - moving is high on the list of lifes stresses - so hopefully the ‘whispering voices’ will gradually fade away as your anxiety lessens. But it’s certainly a good idea to pay the GP a visit for a mental health check up if it continues to bother you.

It’s very good to hear that you are keeping yourself busy and remaining positive.

Take care Pink*Lady
Old 10th August 2018, 06:22

Congratulations on your move.

I agree with pretty much everyone here and hope that you see a G.P soon. Moving is very stressful on anyone and if those bad memories are linked to where you just left it's going to bring a lot emotions up.

Look after yourself.
Old 10th August 2018, 09:32

Mood
Pensive

I've had this and didn't realise it was voices thought it was someone in the room or my dreams it is very stressful. I was hallucinationating from an illness. It did go away after I slept better. Listening to music on headphones might help when you hear them
Old 11th August 2018, 20:37

Mood
Alienated

Thanks for your replies Muggins, endo_endo and Misska. The whispering is still present on and off and I'm still getting flashbacks throughout the day. I find listening to music and ASMR videos beneficial in the evenings when I unwind before going to bed.