SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th December 2015, 09:59
Banned at own request

Default Re: Which we're your 'lost years' and your best years?...

Good question

My lost years are many; all my secondary school years were just a horrible torment.
Then a few good years where my bullies had finally left school & I was in the 6th form, then a year at art college & went out a lot, had my first boyfriend. Didn't realise I was so damaged until my friends all drifted away to Uni & I tried to do the same & couldn't.
All my early 20s were lost, though I had 2 really good years in Wales, failing Uni, but living with a boy I was very much in love with & loving living near mountains & sea.

Since my late 20s got more on track, did a degree, learned to drive, got married, had babbas, got a job.

Definitely more settled and stable, but not sure emotionally any happier?? Love my children, but miss being a bit wilder in a way. Swings & roundabouts innit?
Old 9th December 2015, 15:52

This hard for me. Every year of adulthood I've felt lost but there were also some good things happening in most of those years that I wouldn't change. I think I'm always going to feel lost in some way, like I don't belong. I feel like an undercover cop trying his best to fit in in a place he doesn't belong waiting for the boss to tell him that the jobs done and he can get pulled out.

My worst years were from 18-28 without a doubt.
Old 9th December 2015, 19:28

Mood
Bitching

best is now.
my worst? difficult. probably early 20s when I was in a deep depression
Old 10th December 2015, 15:29

Mood
Blah

Lost years were Age 13-24. High school years were unbearable and full of misery to a point where I struggle to recall one happy memory. Once I left I never managed to shake off those bad times and wasn't really qualified to get a reasonable job so spent my late teens to early twenties drifting through dead end jobs where I struggled to fit in. The few friends I had left from school broke away by the time I was 21. Leaving me living with a sickly father, estranged from my mother and a head full of suicidal thoughts and regrets.
Best years are 25 onwards when I plucked up the courage to go for counselling which gave me a chance to unload the bottled up feelings and get help to put the past behind me. Also done some voluntary work for a while and a reasonable full time job which suits my needs. Best of all was finding SAUK where I've met like minded people, gained a social life, made new friends and even had a few relationships I thought I wasn't capable of. This year has been a bit of a setback but hopefully its just a little blip and the good years will be around for a while yet.
Old 11th December 2015, 10:40

Mood
Worried

Lost years 70-82: Bullying and peer rejection. Development of what was to become a chronic mental illness. Came very close to becoming a long stay psychiatric patient.

Best years: 1983-2002 Left hospital with the person who later became my wife. Had someone who believed in me and helped me to progress a little.
Old 12th December 2015, 18:10

Mood
Mellow

Lost years - 5 to 14: My father died when I was 7 after a long illness and then my mother became ill, without sounding "woes me" I feel I didn't really have a childhood and have always felt older than my years and related to older people more than my peers.

31 to 36: I had an accident that left me with minor but ongoing injuries. Main relationship of my life broke up. I was being bullied at work. Had a mental breakdown and yoyo'd on and off meds, therapy etc.

Best years - 21 to 30: Looking back my 20s were actually ok, I lived in Spain for a while, when I came back I went to university as a mature student, ended up doing a Masters. Oddly I was single for most of this time, but was very fulfilled in the other aspects of my life. I started dating again towards the end of my Masters, age 27 and looking back I can see this is where my mental health issues started coming to the surface although I didn't get diagnosed till my breakdown ^.

38 to now (41): I was finally clear of meds, with a lot of help from people here and in the chatroom and meets. I dealt with a lot of ghosts from my past. I took redundancy from my main job and went on to actually have some really interesting contract jobs. I have also done some big trips which I blogged about here. And sustained a relationship for a couple of years.

I wanted to post again because I spend more time in the chatroom and meeting people these days than I do on here, but if it wasn't for this place I don't think I would be here. There were some dark times a few years ago and it was finding people who can empathise that got me through it.
Old 14th December 2015, 01:13

Mood
Woot

Lost years were High School, which saw me turn into a bedroom-dweller. And later, in my twenties before I had kids. Being pregnant was the first time I'd ever felt like I was where I was supposed to be. i.e content.
Old 23rd December 2015, 23:39

Lost years 19-24 roughly. Going round in circles. Lonely daydreamer. I know myself now but the best years have yet to come I believe.
Old 25th January 2016, 16:30

^ Hope this year will break that trend.