SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 4th June 2016, 14:32

Default Re: Do you ever wonder where and how it will all end?

^ Absolutely. I hope a piano drops on my head or something. The thought of being dead doesn't bother me but I am terrified of a drawn-out terminal illness.

^^ I don't know about that. Dwelling on death probably isn't healthy, but neither is denial. I think it's important to live in the knowledge that we are going to die. Tolstoy's story The Death of Ivan Ilyich really made me think about this. I think everyone should read it. I would also recommend Montaigne's essay To Philosophise is to Learn to Die.
Old 4th June 2016, 23:37

Death is absolutely mind-boggling. And it can happen to anyone. Earlier in history we maybe had a better perception of death. Now, we have a perception that everyone will live to 80, and anything below is unthinkable.
Old 6th June 2016, 17:33

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus
^ Absolutely. I hope a piano drops on my head or something. The thought of being dead doesn't bother me but I am terrified of a drawn-out terminal illness.

^^ I don't know about that. Dwelling on death probably isn't healthy, but neither is denial. I think it's important to live in the knowledge that we are going to die. Tolstoy's story The Death of Ivan Ilyich really made me think about this. I think everyone should read it. I would also recommend Montaigne's essay To Philosophise is to Learn to Die.
Sure, accept the fact that life is finite (alas) and then carry on with living it.
Old 6th June 2016, 17:41
Banned

It will hopefully end with me getting smashed on smarties cocktails and shooting up a bag of shitty heroin, with a smile on my face knowing that I've actually had some good times.

Times running out though.
Old 6th June 2016, 19:27

I'll probably end up found dead naked in a skip with a heroin needle stuck up my arse.
Old 6th June 2016, 20:01
Banned

Well I hope you die mid kebab just after watching a cracking MMA Match.
Old 6th June 2016, 20:18

^ ^^ ^^^Sorry! Some of these are really funny!
Old 6th June 2016, 20:37
Banned

lol

Mine would be a glorious way to go.

I'd like to have a seafood platter before I did all that but that would cause an agonizing death before I had my first cocktail.

I could never actually enjoy my last fecking meal of choice, ffs.

I'll probably have a mild heart attack in a couple of weeks walking up Snowdon via the the Rhyd Ddu path, at the part where the path is about a metre wide with 160 degree drops either side, thousands of feet above sea level.

I'll fall down a couple of hundred metres then die slowly in the space of a couple of hours with my colon in mouth and legs hanging of by single arteries or something.

Actually I might not do this path now, come to think of it.
Old 6th June 2016, 21:06
Co-Administrator

Hopefully this kitten would be Nicholas Cage in disguise. Cos that would be awesome.
Old 7th June 2016, 15:33

Mood
Gloomy

Totally get and agree with you. People get hung up on believing a relationship will cure them. It papers over the cracks and you take that paranoia into such relationship, not to mention the forever thinking/believing your not good enough. You promise things that are unachieveable to keep such partner for the fear of never finding anyone else. I don't want or desire such relationships. Solitude has been my only sanctuary, for I can truly focus on myself. Death is welcome release one craves, but I have to tolerate this existence for my children, again something I accept, not happy with it, but I accept it. I've tried my whole life to be the best I can be and failed, no matter how hard I've tried. I never leave my home or interact face to face, so most of the time I'm comfortable in my SA. But my dark days can last upto a week n beyond. I've probs gone off subject a bit, apologies.
Old 7th June 2016, 19:14
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo
Oh. My. Days.