Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 1st April 2010, 23:29

Mood
Cool

Default Re: Psychics/Mediums........

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy coleman
No sorry, i watched these programmes a good few years ago- but im sure if you google 'psychic helps solve missing person case' loads will come up, as there are so many cases where they've done it.
Yeah like if you type in the twin towers were demolished by the government loads of stuff comes up, it doesn't make it true
Old 1st April 2010, 23:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly
why do you feel the need to change peoples beliefs anyway. stop with that
I don't want to change peoples beliefs . I just want people to be open minded enough to challenge their own beliefs.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:31

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Dub
Yeah like if you type in the twin towers were demolished by the government loads of stuff comes up, it doesn't make it true
How do you know it isnt true?
Old 1st April 2010, 23:32

Mood
Creative

Quote:
why do you feel the need to change peoples beliefs anyway. stop with that
Because psychics and mediums make a living by conning money out of vulnerable people - so the belief that these psychics/mediums are legitimately having conversations with the dead keeps them in business.

No, I don't believe in the afterlife either. I believe in using my powers of critical thinking though - and many many other things as well. Freedom of speech, human rights etc.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:32

Mood
Shoveit

What do you think of David Blaine?
Old 1st April 2010, 23:33

Oh no conspiracy theory's now.

Abandon thread.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:34

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Bull*hit! Have you ever had an actual reading? Well I have, and there is NO WAY she could have known what she knew about me, no way, or what she knew about my friend.
The things she said applyed to you personally would literally apply to millions of people, the specificness is an illusion.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:34

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennite
Oh no conspiracy theory's now.

Abandon thread.
Hehe. Not theorys...................truth my friend.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:35

Mood
Cool

Quote:
How do you know it isnt true?
Seriously?
Old 1st April 2010, 23:36

Mood
Confused

Quote:
The things she said applyed to you personally would literally apply to millions of people, the specificness is an illusion.
Ok, well your wrong, simple.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:37
Banned

Mood
Curious

if you get satisfaction from using a psychic well thats ok, but i bet you have to part with money if they see you?
Old 1st April 2010, 23:37

Mood
Cool

Quote:
you saying im not open minded, :rolleyes: im open minded enough to see something other than my human existance and im open minded enough to accept you have yr views which are completely different to mine.
If you open your mind too much your brain falls out.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:38

Mood
Balanced

millions of people around the world believe in many other largely "unproven" phenomenon ,

as i said if youve never had a reading how do you know its rubbish ??
Old 1st April 2010, 23:38

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist23
if you get satisfaction from using a psychic well thats ok, but i bet you have to part with money if they see you?
Everyones gotta eat man..........
Old 1st April 2010, 23:40

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Ok, well your wrong, simple.
Well lets settle this, what did the psychic say which proves me wrong?
Old 1st April 2010, 23:42

Mood
Creative

I understand how people gain comfort from this kind of thing - but unfortunately they're very invested in it emotionally, and are usually vulnerable and grieving, looking for answers.

There is no proof for any of this, otherwise it would be front-page news, and there would be a whole new branch of science discovered, with massive implications. If it happens, then it would be an amazing, exciting and interesting thing But none of that has happened yet.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:45

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Well lets settle this, what did the psychic say which proves me wrong?
She told me what my mum did for a living, exactly what she looked like, exactly how long she was ill for, exactly what she died of, knew that my brother was a muslim, told me about my own health problems, knew about my dads exact health problems, knew that my son had been born with a heart defect- shall i go on? I suppose she just 'guessed' all that yea,lol.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:45
Banned

Mood
Curious

i am a psychic i can see two women one is called lilly and one is called chrissy i can see them shopping in a supermarket for milk or soap powder one day they will meet on a forum...
Old 1st April 2010, 23:47

Mood
Confused

Quote:
i am a psychic i can see two women one is called lilly and one is called chrissy i can see them shopping in a supermarket for milk or soap powder one day they will meet on a forum...
I can see artist23 getting a kick up his backside if we ever meet........oh no, wait, and a slap in his chops,lol
Old 1st April 2010, 23:49

Mood
Balanced

Quote:
lol ..your a rubbish psychic bud .. we're in a SA forum we do our shopping online
Old 1st April 2010, 23:51

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy o
lol ..your a rubbish psychic bud .. we're in a SA forum we do our shopping online
I knew that! £20 please
Old 1st April 2010, 23:52
Banned

Mood
Curious

Quote:
be honest have you been following me?
i can see you when your asleep i can see you in the bathroom i am a horny psychic!!
Old 1st April 2010, 23:53
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Innocent

Can i just say that i too am a medium,although i do think i should of gone for the large as they are chafing terribly
Old 1st April 2010, 23:59

Mood
Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverain
Can i just say that i too am a medium,although i do think i should of gone for the large as they are chafing terribly
oh dear! thats right, trust you to come out with some naff joke! made me giggle though

Serious note, this thread has not changed my opinion on the matter! No solid arguements really from either side....

Chrissy, do you have the details for the pyschic you used? Location and what not.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:59

Mood
Creative

A short article which shows that under control conditions nothing has been proven:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/se...ience.research

Psychics and Mediums are very clever and talented when it comes to reading people - it is a skill, and they have spent there whole lives perfecting it. They make their money this way, so of course they are going to be convincing.
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:02

Mood
Cool

Quote:
She told me what my mum did for a living, exactly what she looked like, exactly how long she was ill for, exactly what she died of, knew that my brother was a muslim, told me about my own health problems, knew about my dads exact health problems, knew that my son had been born with a heart defect- shall i go on? I suppose she just 'guessed' all that yea,lol.
Yes.

Your mum's job was something common, as was her illness, which has a length of time that 95% of sufferers survive for before sadly passing away. Im guessing your mum wasnt 7 foot tall and had blue dredlocks i.e she was fairly typical looking and also looks like you maybe? She knew your health issues, of course, you are sat infront of her and she's fished enough info already. Your dad also had a common illness, shall I go on?

Classic cold reading.
Old 2nd April 2010, 08:25

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Yes.

Your mum's job was something common, as was her illness, which has a length of time that 95% of sufferers survive for before sadly passing away. Im guessing your mum wasnt 7 foot tall and had blue dredlocks i.e she was fairly typical looking and also looks like you maybe? She knew your health issues, of course, you are sat infront of her and she's fished enough info already. Your dad also had a common illness, shall I go on?

Classic cold reading.
Stop trying to be a smartarse, coz its not going to work- you were not there, plus uve never even had a personal reading so you really dont know what ur talking about. She never "fished" for anything whatsoever, i never told her one thing about me at all. And no, my mum didnt have a common illness actually- at the time she died only 2 in every million people had it and they didnt know much about it- so no it wasnt common. :rolleyes:
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:13

Mood
Tired

I've always been into the paranormal,
from an early age I was always into ghost stories, strange tales,
interesting psychic incidents etc. and I've certainly had my fair share of interesting experiences.
I've had visits from close relatives who had not long died, and spoken to so many people who have had dead realtives contact them in some way,
I've also had an out-of-body experience, where I briefly 'died' and was floating outside my body looking down on myself lying on my bed,.... I've also met a spirit guide,too many incidents for people to simply fob this off as mumbo-jumbo, ( most of these experiences are more real than ordinary day-to-day living )...I'm with you Chrissy, it all comes down to your own personal experience of life, and someone who unfortunately hasn't had any contact with the mysterious side of life just isn't going to get it.
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:24

Mood
Fine

I don't believe in it. I have no reason to and I believe others can be good at reading people and cold reading.

If someone was a true medium they could prove it under scientific study but no one ever has.

I'm not saying your personal experience wasn't but I wasn't there and have no reason to believe in it just from what other people say.

Some people say they KNOW they were abducted by aliens but this isn't evidence to me that aliens are around. Some people talk about knowing that a God exists and God is the Muslim, Christian, Jewish, thousands of others based on their experience. It isn't evidence for anyone else though. (And many people's experiences conflict so whose to believe?)

You stress it wasn't cold reading but there's no way we can tell if it was or wasn't. It is the most likely since most mediums make money and convince people based on techniques but noone else can tell as we weren't there.

As I say, there is a possibility that this person can speak to the dead but I think it's very unlikely and it's more likely they want your money.
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:55

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry302199
I've always been into the paranormal,
from an early age I was always into ghost stories, strange tales,
interesting psychic incidents etc. and I've certainly had my fair share of interesting experiences.
I've had visits from close relatives who had not long died, and spoken to so many people who have had dead realtives contact them in some way,
I've also had an out-of-body experience, where I briefly 'died' and was floating outside my body looking down on myself lying on my bed,.... I've also met a spirit guide,too many incidents for people to simply fob this off as mumbo-jumbo, ( most of these experiences are more real than ordinary day-to-day living )...I'm with you Chrissy, it all comes down to your own personal experience of life, and someone who unfortunately hasn't had any contact with the mysterious side of life just isn't going to get it.
Yes same here, ive always been into the paranormal since i was a child- i saw an old lady sitting in my living room as a child that no one else could see, she was just sitting there smiling at me, i remember it clearly. And about 3 years after my mum died i was sat in the living room at my dads house, and suddenly i smelt her perfume all around me- i knew it straight away as i didnt ever like that particular perfume she wore,lol, she'd bought me some once and i gave it to her. Ive also had dreams that have come true. I think the scariest experience i had was one morning when i was a teenager, id just woke up in bed, was laying there staring up at my bedroom window when suddenly the window just flew open and my tv ariel (which was at the other end of the windowsill) dragged along the entire length of the windowsill and went flying out the bloody window- i ran downstairs to get it (still in my pj's) and the part of the wire u plug into the tv was filled with mud, as if it had been dug into the earth, it was just the most strangest thing, I still cant believe that actually happened.
Closed Thread