SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th May 2021, 11:55

Default Need help. A blog anonymously or a book?

I cannot turn back the clock. I
Old 16th May 2021, 12:45

Default Re: Need help. A blog anonymously or a book?

A few more years of careful deliberation can't hurt when I've come this far. I feel like I am exactly where I should be, in the right mind space to plan a new novel and put the memoir in the drawer (or a locked safe) for a later date.
Old 16th May 2021, 23:22

I like GirlAfraid's suggestion - maybe first write the story and then decide what to do next. It sounds like you're dealing with something that's still very raw (as you mention getting justice in order to forgive and move on). Maybe writing the story is more important than deciding how to publish it?
Old 17th May 2021, 15:01

I should have known that when you open an old wound that it takes time to stop bleeding. The emotions are raw, yes. I shouldn't be worrying about publication. I should be concentrating on healing fully first and that includes using the creative outlet until. A fictional story would provide the distance. A buffer between the painful recollections, reveries, memories. My family and ex were horrible to me, there is no denying it. And others. I have worked through the hard parts and made ammends with family. They don't have to say out loud that they felt guilty for letting me down. I am fine letting sleeping dogs lie there.
When it comes to my violent ex, I only gave my statement to the authorities a month ago. I wasn't lying when I said I have felt lighter since then. I have been hit by some anxiety, I expected to. I didn't expect to feel the pain in the side of my chest. The palpitations. I don't usually get those physical effects. It was like my body was saying this is real. That was only the beginning, it is scary knowing I will possibly have to face him in court.
Old 17th May 2021, 18:30

I was assured not to worry about the duration of time that had passed. I gave a brief statement years ago. I have only recently been in the position to give a full account of almost all the abuse that is recognised as so. Not everything. Only the full written story can do that.
Old 20th July 2021, 10:41

Default Comics of a non-superhero vibe

I will make it available as an ebook with a small number of printed editions, on a mental health oriented website if I need to. Maybe I will design a graphic novel (comic book) instead for the mental health theme. Concentrate on writing ficition alone.