SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 23rd June 2019, 09:34

Default Spending time in nature is associated with good health and wellbeing.

This was in the news yesterday and seems like a good way to help combat stress and anxiety. Apparently it can be something as simple as sitting in a park and the optimum amount of time to get health benefits is two hours per week.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...th-study-finds
Old 23rd June 2019, 18:11

Mood
Pensive

Default Re: Spending time in nature is associated with good health and wellbeing.

I try to get out into nature every day. I walk a lot, and it helps occupy my overactive brain, makes me sleep better and is also good for physical, as well as mental health. So yeah, thumbs up from me.
Old 23rd June 2019, 20:33

Mood
Alienated

Default Re: Spending time in nature is associated with good health and wellbeing.

Certainly helps for me. Try to be out of the house or in the garden as much as I can.
I've even been able to do it in central London - it's amazing what you can find
Old 28th June 2019, 23:55

Absolutely Nature helps.

As a species of animal, we are not physically, mentally or spiritually equipped to occupy concrete boxes for 6-8 hours a day, after which we go to live in another concrete box where we stare at flickering screens until we go to sleep. We do it, but it is having serious impacts on our mental and physical health.

Spending time in Nature has definite benefits, whether it is reduced blood pressure, reduced stress hormone levels, a means of escape from the daily grind or just an overall feeling of positive well-being.

Climb a hill, sit in a park, listen to the birds, sit by the sea: anything that connects your animal mind and body to the Earth you are part of can only be beneficial.

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-3002...of-nature.html
Old 23rd August 2019, 19:20

Thanks for this thread. I agree, spending time in nature helps physical and mental health.
Old 23rd August 2019, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebear
Thanks for this thread. I agree, spending time in nature helps physical and mental health.
That's ok I've been a bit nature deficient this week so may have to get a dose of nature soon - I've set a goal to take a long walk in the local park/arboretum this weekend, at the very least.
Old 23rd August 2019, 20:26

Mood
Starving

I used to enjoy fishing when I was young. Quiet time to reflect and maybe catch something nice for supper.
Old 28th August 2019, 17:46

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Have 0 New Messages
I used to enjoy fishing when I was young. Quiet time to reflect and maybe catch something nice for supper.
Me too, I loved sitting by the river and getting away from people. Never seemed to catch much except eels though.

I still love going out walking or cycling in nature when I get a chance.