SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 29th May 2012, 22:00

Mood
Fine

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (21)

Bit worried that I should have done something yesterday that I didn't do and it might be too late now. Oh and paranoid.
Old 29th May 2012, 23:36

Mood
Alienated

i supppose something like this
Old 29th May 2012, 23:41

I have just come across the photos of spiders thread, and am now self-conscious of the spiders that I know are already in my room.

I wonder if I left a picture of a spider on my screen, that a real spider would come closer to have a perv?
Old 29th May 2012, 23:53
Banned

Feel like i'm having lots of sudden mood swings, from being fairly satisfied to really bad and a bit angry (not at people but just life as a whole).
Old 29th May 2012, 23:54

I am an utterly feeble person. I've been using the spare key for the past week 'cos I couldn't find my one. Finally decided to have a proper look for it today and can't find it anywhere. The bad thing is that I came home drunk last week and I'm now terrified that I left the key in the lock and somebody has stolen it.

If I can't find it by tomorrow I'm going to have to tell my Mum about it and probably get the locks changed. I can't afford to pay for it (it's gunna cost £100-200 I'm guessing) to be done and it's just another example of me being a massive burden on her. She shouldn't have to deal with the stress of this. Also, an incident like this is likely to set off a barrage of (deserved) condemnation about my complete lack of focus, effort and general usefulness.

All aboard the S.S. Anxiety.
Old 30th May 2012, 01:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma792
^ Don't be so hard on yourself. People do things like that all the time. I know it's annoying you can't afford to pay for it, but maybe you could just pay her a bit at a time every week or whatever. I hate situations like this as well, but the fact you care enough to be bothered about it surely says something about you.

I am feeling a bit drunk and sad. Went to karaoke tonight with everyone. As we all held hands and screamed emotional songs at each other I just looked at each one of them and thought "I don't want to leave here"

It's different for the rest of them, they are sad, but they have had other friends before and know they will have others in the future. This is the first time I have ever had this. I am constantly emotional, and don't stop going on about it, but I can't cope with the fact I am losing them all. I also had a lovely conversation on the way home with someone, who I haven't spoke to (at least not about very deep stuff) very much in the past, and have found out she is just like me in certain ways when I thought I was the only one. I love that feeling of bonding when you realise someone else is exactly the same, and I am just sat here thinking how it is such a shame I have never got to know her that well before now, and how there isn't any time left anymore.
Why/how are you losing your friends? I assume you can keep in touch? I know it won't be the same as living with them 24/7, but it doesn't mean your friendship and bonds can't be the same. They just operate under different circumstances, such is life.
Old 30th May 2012, 02:04

Quote:
It's just that we are leavng uni and everyone is moving all over the country. I want to stay in touch with them and hope we will its just going to be strange hardly ever seeing them. Like i say i have never had real friends before and i just wish it was lasting longer. I find it very hard leaving people.
Don't get me wrong, I see why you're upset but the way I'd see it, is that you've made some awesome friends, which I assume is something you wouldn't have truly believed you were capable of 3 or so years ago?

And I'm not saying "get over it", but the distance will become easier to deal with. It might mean you appreciate the time you spend with them (and I'm sure they will feel the same) even more than you do already, if that's possible!

If you haven't already, why not arrange to meet up during the summer? It might make the "end of uni" date, seem less of an awful, doom-mongering ocassion, rather just a day when you pack some boxes and take down posters from your walls!
Old 30th May 2012, 02:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Named User
If you haven't already, why not arrange to meet up during the summer?
P.S - I recommend lazer tag/lazer quest. The perfect excuse to regress into childhood and run around in the dark, making "pew! pew!"-esque gun noises.
Old 30th May 2012, 02:19

Quote:
Yeah you are completely right I never thought I could do that three years ago. People actually briefly mentioned in passing meeting up over summer but i think you are right we should organise that and then at least the day we leave the house won't be as bad :-) thanks

P.s. I only just experienced laser quest a couple of years ago and it was and will always remain one of thr most exciting experiences of my adult life
You know that little room where you put your armour/gun thing on, before the main quest area? Well, it's very dark, which can lead to some embarrassing mishaps. One of the people I was with ended up having a group of girls sitting on his lap, pretty much. This guy was/is gay. Waste.
Old 30th May 2012, 07:31
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

Wondering why I'm awake at 7.30am. It never feels right. I managed to hurt my wedding ring finger in a door and it got swollen, so I have to pull my wedding ring off, which really hurt. Now I can't get it back on, guess I'll have to wait for it to go down. Really annoying as I'm now paranoid about losing my wedding ring.
Old 30th May 2012, 07:57

^^why don't you put it on ur other finger
i'm happy susanna reid is back on the telly
Old 30th May 2012, 08:49

Pissed off anxiety made me cancel doctors appoinment, haircut, and seeing boyfriend today I don't get how anxiety can make me feel so physically shit, I can rationalise all the thoughts but it's hard to work though anxiety when your heads down the bog cos of it
Old 30th May 2012, 12:53

Mood
Happy

My lower eyelid on my right eye keeps twitcing and its driving me insane I've looked at it in the mirror and its only a small movement so i doubt its noticable, but it feels like its a massive, my eyes getting sore and its making me me really self concious

Anyone know how to stop it?
Old 30th May 2012, 16:00

Better than I have been. Left the house for the first time in...well, a long time. I'm not sure if it was a subconscious effect of reading the "what happens when you are socially isolated" thread, or whether I was just more nervous than I thought but I sounded really weird talking to the shopkeeper/s. Almost like I had forgotten how to talk to another human being.

Oh well, it's over and done with now and I no longer have to worry about my total number of days indoors getting bigger by the day. I hope to take a walk tomorrow, but somewhere fairly quiet. I don't want to overwhelm myself by going straight into town, which will be packed in this weather (not that there's much to do in town anyway).

I think there's a Jubilee event taking place on Friday in the city park. As long as it's not just a Sports Day for grown-ups (god, I hate those things!), dressed up as a "family fun day", and if I can handle seeing lots of loved up couples, then I might walk by.
Old 30th May 2012, 16:24

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanharris
My lower eyelid on my right eye keeps twitcing and its driving me insane I've looked at it in the mirror and its only a small movement so i doubt its noticable, but it feels like its a massive, my eyes getting sore and its making me me really self concious

Anyone know how to stop it?
I think the twitchy is due to low levels of potassium. try eating a banana, lol.

I am in a lot of pain so I was gonna cancel my birthday "celebration" today but I decided not to. I bet there are people out there with terminal cancer havin fun on their birthday today. an ear/jaw ache can't stop me.
Old 30th May 2012, 19:36

Mood
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa
I think the twitchy is due to low levels of potassium. try eating a banana, lol.

I am in a lot of pain so I was gonna cancel my birthday "celebration" today but I decided not to. I bet there are people out there with terminal cancer havin fun on their birthday today. an ear/jaw ache can't stop me.
Eww, bananas. i'll have to find another source of potassium :p

Oh, and have a Happy Birthday
Old 30th May 2012, 19:45

More stressed than i've been in a long time, fed up beyond belief.
Old 30th May 2012, 22:23

I cannot be this mad.
Old 30th May 2012, 22:31
Banned

I think ive given up all hope i had now thus all these emotions going around like anger and hopelessness. What's the point in trying, easier to say than do i find and when you been going at it as long as i have with little reward it's hard to find any motivation. Im so ****ed lately, i thought i was over this and getting better! but seems the same old shit happens to me with the same old thoughts that will be with me the rest of my life.
Old 30th May 2012, 22:39

Mood
Doh

Calm.. For now.
Old 30th May 2012, 23:31

Mood
Confused

feeling like a royal f**k up and my head hurts.
Old 31st May 2012, 00:01

Bored; feel like I'm just wasting my life.
Old 31st May 2012, 00:19

Like I'm actually a pretty good person. Screw you, self loathing. You will be back again soon, but not tonight.

I do have a blister on my foot which is a slightly shit.
Old 31st May 2012, 01:10
davehedgehog

very chilled out
Old 31st May 2012, 02:15

Mood
Alienated

slightly annoyed it slipped my mind i need to be in town tomorrow for 10

i mean really..i barely leave the house..you would think when i have to do it ..it'd be a big enough deal for me to remember! ..but no

now i have to sort my shit out before i can sleep..grrr
Old 31st May 2012, 02:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Cats
Too warm and unable to sleep. Busy day at work ahead and no energy to be dealing with it
I feel like this too.

Also I can feel my positive thinking cap falling off to the neg thoughts and fears again. Keep worrying something bade going to happen. Gre I hate this. Just wanna be happy
Old 31st May 2012, 12:20

Mood
Alienated

how sad..today was my last meeting with my business mentor!

when i handed him my CV over..he was all "this is excellent..reads really well" ..then i sort of got into some mini rant about how much good its done me..and he told me i shouldnt put myself down so much and i come across as an articulate young man! (seriously..the guys only spoke to me for 4hrs in total and i managed to come across as mr zero self esteem...awesome )

..oh and im tired due to 3-4hrs sleep...
Old 31st May 2012, 12:47
Banned

Wanna see Prometheus at the weekend but got no one to go with. No one at works wants to go yet if it was someone else asking people would be up for it. Might just go alone as per usual.
Old 31st May 2012, 15:58
davehedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobazaw
my interview went well just got to wait to hear back and see if i get to go to the second interview.
just got a phone call asking me to go for second interview next wednesday
Old 31st May 2012, 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobazaw
just got a phone call asking me to go for second interview next wednesday
Nice one - good luck
Closed Thread