SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 1st June 2012, 06:08

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (21)

^^

Don't be sorry. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 1st June 2012, 10:25

Mood
Happy

Nervous cus i have my first ever job interview today Any last minute tips?
Old 1st June 2012, 10:32

Worrieeeed :/
Old 1st June 2012, 10:35
davehedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanharris
don't chew gum, eat an extra strong mint before you go in, clean your teeth before leaving, make sure you're presentable have a shave, smart clothes, clean shoes, clean fingernails, if you're a smoker don't have one before your interview, try and maintain eye contact don't yawn, firm handshake when you meet them but not over the top, smile, laugh at their jokes even if they are shit, stand up straight no slouching, if you've got a cv take a copy with you plus any qualification in a display book a4 size. make sure you eat something before especially if you're prone to rumbling stomach when hungry. hydration improves concentration so drink some water.

oh and good luck
Old 1st June 2012, 10:56

Wondering what the f*ck I am doing up at this time.

I also want to go to Morrisons, but I really don't want it to be busy. The kids are still at school, so it should be fairly quiet if I go now, just before lunchtime right?
Old 1st June 2012, 11:41

Mood
Creative

Good quite a few things are going right for me atm glad I took a chance and moved away from home
Old 1st June 2012, 11:45
Banned

^ Where you live now?
Old 1st June 2012, 11:48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanharris

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Named User
Wondering what the f*ck I am doing up at this time.

I also want to go to Morrisons, but I really don't want it to be busy. The kids are still at school, so it should be fairly quiet if I go now, just before lunchtime right?
Should be, is where i work or like after 1.30pm-ish once the lunch trade has gone.
Old 1st June 2012, 11:55

Mood
Bored

Bored, tired (overslept), and as a result, emotionally dead. Just sitting down blasting some dystopian-sounding techstep and playing Tetris, waiting for my brain to wake up properly.
Old 1st June 2012, 12:06
Banned

A bit spooked. Had that thing last night of falling asleep and then waking a couple of hours later and being convinced someone was in my room, then when I couldn't see them I start shouting "where are you, what the **** is going on?" or something.

On the plus side I just phoned up British Gas with virtually no anxiety, which was a pleasant surprise.
Old 1st June 2012, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer
A bit spooked. Had that thing last night of falling asleep and then waking a couple of hours later and being convinced someone was in my room, then when I couldn't see them I start shouting "where are you, what the **** is going on?" or something.

On the plus side I just phoned up British Gas with virtually no anxiety, which is a pleasant surprise.
Hey Kramer, are you on any SSRIs or other mind bending chemicals at all?

I ask because when on Fluoxetine this is what I was doing, waking up in a full on fist fight with the bedside lamp, fending off invisible invaders, etc...

Well done with the phone call, sometimes best and easiest if we don't think too much on what we have to do.
Old 1st June 2012, 12:22
Banned

^^Was you kinda still asleep when you were shouting? I had something similar but was kinda sleep paralysis as i was awake and thought someone was in the room but i couldn't move or speak.
Old 1st June 2012, 12:26

Mood
Alienated

i need to stop talking to "normals"

it just makes me realise how shit my life is in comparison..and how ive got less going on in mine than a ****ing 12 year old
Old 1st June 2012, 12:27
Banned

^My mum has a better social life than me lol.
Old 1st June 2012, 12:28

Mood
Alienated

yeah..

my 83? (i think) gran is out and about all the time..going on holidays and trips and stuff

i continue to vegetate in my room
Old 1st June 2012, 12:35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogent
Hey Kramer, are you on any SSRIs or other mind bending chemicals at all?

I ask because when on Fluoxetine this is what I was doing, waking up in a full on fist fight with the bedside lamp, fending off invisible invaders, etc...

Well done with the phone call, sometimes best and easiest if we don't think too much on what we have to do.
Hi, I've been on fluoxetine before but no I'm not on anything at the minute. Thanks, yes it was cos I had this experience on my mind I think that the phonecall hardly registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnni
^^Was you kinda still asleep when you were shouting? I had something similar but was kinda sleep paralysis as i was awake and thought someone was in the room but i couldn't move or speak.
I've had sleep paralysis before (awful) but it wasn't that as I was sitting up and able to speak. I only get sleep paralysis once or year or so but this thing I've had like once a month recently but usually it's more that I'm convinced stuff in my room has been moved around. It seems to happen a lot when I fall asleep with the light on though last night it was off (though I did leave my laptop on so there was a little light coming from that). God knows.
Old 1st June 2012, 12:55

Mood
Happy

Quote:
Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobazaw
don't chew gum, eat an extra strong mint before you go in, clean your teeth before leaving, make sure you're presentable have a shave, smart clothes, clean shoes, clean fingernails, if you're a smoker don't have one before your interview, try and maintain eye contact don't yawn, firm handshake when you meet them but not over the top, smile, laugh at their jokes even if they are shit, stand up straight no slouching, if you've got a cv take a copy with you plus any qualification in a display book a4 size. make sure you eat something before especially if you're prone to rumbling stomach when hungry. hydration improves concentration so drink some water.

oh and good luck
Thanks, the interview is at 5:30pm so i've got a while to prepare
Old 1st June 2012, 13:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma792
^ Good luck

Today, instead of going shopping with the housemates like a normal person, I decided to stay inside and literally just spend 2 hours on google trying to find the name of a board game me and my brothers used to play when we were younger because I really couldn't remember. I can't help it, when something is annoying me like that I get all agitated and can't stop thinking about it until I find out what it was. Now I have found out what it was called, and I do feel slightly calmer but I can't help but think how much of a waste of time that was. Hmm.

Oh well. I am also now addicted to ebay. So that's the rest of my day planned out too. I need to stop buying so much shit.
Can you top buying an electronic ferret?

And out of pointless curiousity, what was the board game in question?
Old 1st June 2012, 13:19

Quote:
Should be, is where i work or like after 1.30pm-ish once the lunch trade has gone.
Hi,

You're right, it wasn't that bad. It's not even a particularly big supermarket, but in the time it took me to make a full lap of the shop, it seemed quieter than when I first entered lol?
Old 1st June 2012, 13:28

Quote:
^ Haha, I cannot top that no. I feel much better now

The game was called Dragon Quest.

The moment I read this:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/4090...st-by-an-rpger

I was like YES YES YES THAT'S IT.

I'm still dancing around a bit inside.
Join the club...

Old 1st June 2012, 13:29
Banned

I've had something like that before Kramer. I was having a nightmare, and I woke up, bolt up right sweating like a pig and terrified. I was completely wide awake, the light was on BTW, and although I knew I was wide awake I just sat there for about 30 seconds looking around my room but too terrified to move.
Old 1st June 2012, 13:53

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte87
Sleep paralysis is horrible and so scary. I have had that a few times in the past, when on anti sickness tablets for my anxiety sickness. Never again. I would rather be sick.
Sorry to sound stupid but I've heard that most people get sleep paralysis. What is it? Is it when you've had a bad dream? Or is it when you wake up and can't move?
Old 1st June 2012, 14:17

I'm a bit scared at the mo. I'm gonna go watch the olymic torch later and I know it's going to be busy and noisy and cameras and fuss. Oh eeek maybe I'll stay indoors and watch it on the live stream.
Old 1st June 2012, 14:19

Mood
Creative

Quote:
^ Where you live now?
Nottingham, but I used to live in Hull, met lots more people since I moved and will be meeting more in the future as I'm moving into another shared house, not like I'm popular or anything lol just now I have more oppertunities to screw up
Old 1st June 2012, 18:57
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Named User
Hi,

You're right, it wasn't that bad. It's not even a particularly big supermarket, but in the time it took me to make a full lap of the shop, it seemed quieter than when I first entered lol?
My shop isn't that big but its weird cos it can be quite busy and then a few mins later its dead quiet. Its like they all come into the shops in groups and wait for each other lol.
Old 1st June 2012, 19:51

Mood
Happy

i got offered me the job! i had to turn it down because the hours were too inflexible, but still, its a massive confidence boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobazaw
if you've got a cv take a copy with you plus any qualification in a display book a4 size.:
That advice saved my ass. they asked me to fill out a application form that needed detailed information i wouldnt have remembered without a copy of my CV. Thanks Bobazaw
Old 1st June 2012, 21:21

Mood
Happy

Thanks Charlotte
Old 1st June 2012, 21:58

Incredibly stressed.

Left for work at 6am and I'm still miles away from home. To make things worse, I need to leave for work at 5am tomorrow morning.

My timesheet may look brilliant but I can barely remember the last time I slept. I feel like Edward Norton in Fight Club.
Old 1st June 2012, 22:34

Quote:
I feel very inadequate around very girly girls. You know the skinny, high heel, short skirt kinda girl. Makes me really anxious and don't know what to say cos they seem flawless. Very angry tonight and not sure why
I'm the same way with virile men. The super confident, excessively tall masculine types who seem to emit banter with enviable ease.
Old 1st June 2012, 22:35
Banned

You know the feeling when you feel alright or more prepared to do something that you have planned and then when that things becomes more real and then you realise you are no way prepared for it, well thats me tonight.
Found a alight job but thinking about it i dont think i could cope and other stuff i wanna do seems like a good idea at first but then i've set like dates for it and think 'i can't do that now'.
Closed Thread