SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Was The Apollo Moon Landing Fake?
Yes 22 31.43%
No 48 68.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 29th May 2010, 21:24

Default Was The Apollo Moon Landing Fake?

What do you think? I watched this on MythBusters awhile back but had made up my mind before, I think it was not a fake, but I know other people think different just wondering?

Old 29th May 2010, 22:18

Default Re: Was The Apollo Moon Landing Fake?

I believe it was real.

I did see an interesting documentary about it a few months ago where it showed the American flag fluttering on the moon. Not sure how to explain that one
Old 29th May 2010, 22:27

Mood
Lurking

i love conspirecy theroys and ive seen sum good points against it, im sure it did happen but at the same time im not so sure lol
Old 29th May 2010, 22:31

Mood
Melancholy

To be honest, I haven't read up on it enough to make an informed decision but I remember some of the conspiracy theories (about the flag flapping in the 'breeze' etc). I just think it's quite unlikely that the whole thing was faked.

I love conspiracy theories though
Old 29th May 2010, 22:31

Conspiracy theories are a plot by the government to keep us confused.
Old 29th May 2010, 22:34
Banned

computer from the same era -

moon landing my arse
Old 29th May 2010, 22:37

Mood
Shocked

Check out the video's on YouTube that the tv programme mythbusters did on proving the landing was real or not.

Search YouTube for: mythbusters moon landing.

They done a test in a zero gravity vacum to see if the flag would move around as If wind was blowing as many people said it couldn't.

check the videos out.
Old 29th May 2010, 22:39

GPS of the 15th century

America my arse.
Old 29th May 2010, 22:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wol

GPS of the 15th century
Is that a Garmin or a Tom Tom?
Old 29th May 2010, 22:58

This is something my opinion keeps swaying on. There is so much information, counter information and disinformation the mind boggles when researching the subject and I've looked into all the info I could find over the years and I still don't know.

I find it very odd how Neil Armstrong kept himself hidden away after the landings for year and then came out to give the cryptic 'parrot' speech.

I find it odd that seeing we have so many high powered telescopes NASA doesn't take any high definition pictures of the landing site to put an end to the rumours

And oddest of all that there hasn't been another moon landing since '72. I thought America would of built a city up there for mining minerals by now.

Who knows though, unless one of the astronauts come out and say point blank one way or the other.

@ BFG lol@that computer, it's only got 160kb of memory!
Old 29th May 2010, 23:08

Mood
Blah

I think it was fake.

I think the Russians where the first to land properly but the American's wanted to show they where the first so faked the photos etc.
Old 29th May 2010, 23:11
Banned

i think the only possibility at the time was that they could have possibly fired a rocket up and maybe if they were extremely lucky hit the moon but as far as getting the thing back with some blokes in it with out them being cooked and even having enought fuel left over to take off and get off the moon no chance. they probably sent some blokes up in a rocket got them to orbit the earth for a bit while the hoaxe footage was shot then got them to land after. who could have proved them wrong at the time.
Old 29th May 2010, 23:18

Mood
Blah

just while we're on the subject of this, my brother in law is a bit of a geek when it comes to nasa and also spitfires so while him and my sister where on hols in florida a few weeks ago they werent to see the atlantis (i think) last journey into space before the shuttle will be put in a museum or whatever. they said it was amazing.

i wouldnt get too excited about it myself like :D
Old 29th May 2010, 23:27

@ZeniX I was really excited as a child watching the Challenger take off. I was 8, I came down from school really gleeful knowing that I was going to watch something wonderful and awe-inspiring happen and then watched in horror as the ship split in two and then exploded killing all the astronauts.
Old 29th May 2010, 23:33

Mood
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLunaSea
@ZeniX I was really excited as a child watching the Challenger take off. I was 8, I came down from school really gleeful knowing that I was going to watch something wonderful and awe-inspiring happen and then watched in horror as the ship split in two and then exploded killing all the astronauts.
oh my gosh
Old 29th May 2010, 23:47

Mood
Cool

There is high res photo's of rubbish and footprints taken from earth. Yeah they could be faked but that doesnt explain how there happens to be a laser reflector on the surface in order to measure how the moon's orbit changes over time.
Old 29th May 2010, 23:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Dub
laser reflector on the surface in order to measure how the moon's orbit changes over time.
What kind of telescope would you need to see them from Earth? Would it be like looking for a needle in a haystack for a lay person in their backgarden?
Old 30th May 2010, 00:02

Its just another conspiracy theory like all the rest of them really.
Old 30th May 2010, 00:11
Banned at own request

Mood
Relaxed

It was!

Just like all politicians are actually giant lizards and 9/11 was all a plan by the CIA to get cheaper oil.
Old 30th May 2010, 00:20

Micheal Moores got me on the 9/11 conspiraloon bandwagon but I'm still not crazy enough to believe David Icke and the Queens a lizard thing
Old 30th May 2010, 00:22

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet bloke with cow
The photos were taken from a probe not the Earth. No land bound telescope can view the landing sites.
I've seen the live image from a lunar ranging telescope showing the reflector on the surface. Wish I could remember what I was watching.
Old 30th May 2010, 01:05
Banned

Old 30th May 2010, 01:23
Banned

I always thought they landed on the moon but watching that Mythbusters show made me even more sure. I know its a tv show but they tested each aspect with some degree of accuracy and if it was faked i doubt the level of sophistication they used in 1969 was more than they had on the show.
The problem with conspiracy theories is that they are in nature just theories. Im yet to see anyone do similar tests to prove that the flag does'nt move in a vacuum or the shadows should be parallel on the surface of the moon.
Its just people claiming to be experts in photography or physics wanting their 15 mins, the same with the climate change debate. Unfortunatly people believe in this for whatever reasons.
Old 30th May 2010, 02:14

Heroic images or NASA fraud? Just what happened on the moon? At last we have the conclusive proof!

The image on the left clearly shows the supposed 25,000 of thrust generated by the lunar Lander to arrest its descent. Yet in the image on the right, where is the giant crater this would have created? Looks like the complex web of NASA lies is about to unravel!

Another apparently inspirational image from the NASA archive. All seems fine at first but notice the numerous directions in which the shadows are falling (marked with arrows).

This indicates that the image is probably composed of several images taken at different times (probably in a top secret studio guarded by specially trained aliens working as government agents) and joined together using advanced technology NASA always denies existed at the time.
Using back engineered alien technology hidden in Area 51 NASA has created a gigantic hoax!
Not much wrong with this picture you may think. Yet, by thinking that, you would just become yet another of NASA's conspiracy victims.

Firstly, despite the absence of an atmosphere, no stars can be seen in the sky.

Secondly, the interior of the shopping basket can clearly be seen when all areas in shadow should be pitch black due to the absence of air molecules.

Nice try NASA but we are not fooled that easily! Not even your reptilian overlords can help you hide the truth now!

Just way too many things wrong with this picture!

Notice the absence of stars again.

The arrows indicate the various directions in which shadows are falling, again showing evidence of inconsistent scene illumination. Yet there is something even more obviously wrong with this picture.

If the length of the lower support column of the lunar lander was 4 feet tall, this would indicate that the astronaut was over 8 feet tall, which none of the astronauts were.

Another careless mistake from NASA.
Oh yes NASA, it's all very well adding stars on this picture just to make us realize how wrong we have been. We are not fooled so easily!

If we look a bit more closely, we spot the constellation of Pegasus with the planet Saturn (marked S1) clearly visible in the top left corner. Yet at the time of the mission, although Saturn appeared to be near Pegasus from Earth, from the Moon it would have appeared to be in a completely different position (marked S2).

It is almost insulting to think that NASA could get away with this obvious howler!

Well, with this image where does one begin?
Inconsistent shadows, too much ambient light and incorrect planetary positioning in the sky are all evident here.
Also notice how the focal length of the camera lens has changed compared to the pictures above, even though the astronauts' Hasselblad cameras were only fitted with a single type of prime lens.
Does Nasa really think we are idiots? This picture is an obvious fake, notice the artificial land forms and the absence of stars. The Nasa pole from which the flag hung has mysteriously multiplied in number.

Is this for real? In this famous photo the Eagle Lander is shown returning to the Command Module, but the biggest question about the event is left hanging. Who took the photo?
Old 30th May 2010, 09:28
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Innocent

It must be so disheartening for the astronauts and people involved to risk so much,just for generation later people to disbelieve what achievments they made.
It's no wonder buzz aldrin punched that f*cking one eye.

It's the same with people who fought in all the wars and went through so much,now people play computer games of events that were hell for them in the comfort of their armchairs.

It's no wonder humans make such little progress if all it takes is a generation to forget and disbelieve.

Anyway that's my moan for today
Old 30th May 2010, 10:41

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet bloke with cow
Oh yes the reflection from the reflector can be picked up, I thought you meant the photos of the landing sites which were published a while back. They were taken from a probe.
Thinking about it the photo's i've seen were probably taken from orbit. My bad
Old 30th May 2010, 11:03

Mood
Alienated

i do believe the photos are fake & the only thing that then plays doubt about the landings is the computer & guidance teck. if they then had powerful enough computers how come 20yrs later the best we could still do for a home pc was an amstrad 464. if it was that easy to do 40yrs ago then why not send a prob to send back live images of the usa flag & moon rover that are still their to proove it once & forall. still believe it more than not tho but is that just because we are conditioned to believe what people of authority & power tell us.
Old 30th May 2010, 14:06
Banned at own request

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossieman
just because we are conditioned to believe what people of authority & power tell us.
I agree!

Just like society says that men should have armpit hair and that David Cameron is not a lizard from outer space.
Old 30th May 2010, 14:15

Course it was fake... aside from all their mistakes with the video and photos they'd of definitely been a lot more times since 1969. American's claiming a rock in the sky, clap clap clap.
Old 30th May 2010, 14:20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossieman
i do believe the photos are fake & the only thing that then plays doubt about the landings is the computer & guidance teck. if they then had powerful enough computers how come 20yrs later the best we could still do for a home pc was an amstrad 464. if it was that easy to do 40yrs ago then why not send a prob to send back live images of the usa flag & moon rover that are still their to proove it once & forall. still believe it more than not tho but is that just because we are conditioned to believe what people of authority & power tell us.
What evidence makes you think they are fake?

It was'nt that easy to do 40 yrs ago and to go upto the moon just to prove some consipracy theorists wrong is a waste of time and money and an insult really to the people involved all those yrs ago.
I believe they were real not cos power & authority told me but cos of the evidence that seems to absolutly quash the conspiracy theorists arguments.

These theories all have the same theme that the govt/authority is lying to us, 9/11 is a good example. Why do people want to believe in them so much even after they see a rational explanation. Is it for people who lack trust in other people naturally or had a bad personal experience with a person in authority?
Closed Thread