Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th October 2012, 15:03

Mood
Procrastinating

Default Please watch this video :)

I would like as many people as possible to watch this video, as it is encredibly enlightening into how SAD works. Trust me, you won't regret it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hAc5LCkkqw

and if you have the extra time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHMcR...eature=related
Old 7th October 2012, 15:43
Banned at own request

Default Re: Please watch this video :)

I watched the first vid. It's kinda,hard to believe Jaylove has SA cause he seems so confident and ready to speak about whatever he wants to on youtube.

I have some self shame although I myself like who I am, in public I think my body language looks weird and expect no one to like me but someone to not like me.
Old 7th October 2012, 16:23

Old 7th October 2012, 16:51
Banned at own request

I think this guy helps

I seriously want to overcome my SA cause it feels very hard to form a relationship with anyone with SA covering my free personality and I hate how it makes basic things harder to get.The problem with trying to overcome SA is that I need constant exposure. For example this weekend I decided to stay in and relax but today when I went out I felt very nervous and felt people were judging my body language.

The videos above kinda say the truth cause I notice that what I'm good at started with a vision and not just work although it involved lots of work and trying to do something support and improvements can results from better technique.

Im gonna really try to follow this man's advice cause I don't want to always be on the sliding scale with my SA, I want less SA permanently.
Old 8th October 2012, 22:50

Mood
Inspired

I watched this video its raises some good points and he makes some good exercised.
He seems really sure of himself but maybe that a sign with some real work with yourself you can move through it and don't have to just accept you SA.
Old 9th October 2012, 22:49

It's self shame we have, not social anxiety. Get to the route of the problem. What are you ashamed of? It's important to remember there are people a lot worse of than you and they get on with life.
Old 10th October 2012, 06:49
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by here4help
It's self shame we have, not social anxiety. Get to the route of the problem. What are you ashamed of? It's important to remember there are people a lot worse of than you and they get on with life.
I don't like comparing peoples problems to each other since it can make it harder for one to be open about their problem. Some of us have some self shame but I don't think that's our only problem, it's also our mindset. But thats described in the vid innit.
Old 10th October 2012, 11:37

Good vid, nice guy, strong message. I thought there would be further insights after he established that it was all about self-esteem/self-shame though.

He's right there is something deep down that many SA ppl are ashamed of. I pretty much know the origins of my condition as yes it definitely grew out of low self esteem.

I think trying to make friends is also a key part of getting control of it, it makes you feel more normal. Too much of it is lived through alone.