SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 17th June 2018, 07:18

Default Universal credit

Hi i am paranoid about losing my esa and pip and going on to universal credit i know i cant work i cant face people i have bad social anxiety i have panic attacks my wife is also my carer so how can i work if i have a carer i cant sleep at night with the thought of having tonface people everyday im in work related group in esa at the moment my friends and family say i should be in support group im on or had word about universal credit yet im just terrified i cant sleep because of it
Sorry if my wording or spelling is bad im not great i cant even read that well

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 17th June 2018, 08:32

Default Re: Universal credit

It must be difficult for you but it does sound like most people will be moved over to universal credit. They will send you a letter first and then I would imagine that you would need to be assessed. Try not to worry too much hopefully everything will work out for you.
Old 17th June 2018, 10:43
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Universal credit

At the minute a lot of areas are only putting new claimants onto universal credit. Existing ESA claimants will be asked to move across if they have a change of circumstances or if they are part of the transition process in there area. You should have transitional protection when moved across which means you keep whatever amount you currently get with ESA until you have a change of circumstance.

If you do get asked to move across get some advice from the CAB, welfare rights, MIND or any other organisation local to you.