SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 31st August 2007, 13:23

Thumbs up neighbours

hello sa-uk,
I got a surprise 2 or 3 weeks ago. a neoghbour I sometimes said hello to gave me a lift home the other week after I was waiting for a bus that was running late at the nearest stop. I was really suprised by this. this is someone who lived in my street for many years. on the way home I had a biggger surprise we chatted about me being at college, his day job, etc. his family and mine, etc. I have no idea if this is me reading too much into things, I was competely taken aback by it all. even if it is a 1 off.
A BIG surprise was when I found myself another day with 2 other neighbours. I know the name of 1 and not the other. I said hello to both of therm walking past. 1 of them said to the other neighbour I was a good lad, I was competely embrassed. I no idea how to say thank you to these 3 people. all I know is I enjoy thefact I took advice from someone to say hello to people. is this worth me keeping this up? how do I get over such big surprises!
Old 1st September 2007, 09:57
Deepest Blue

Default Re: neighbours

Hey ya !

Just wanted to ask why you feel surprised about having people think you're cool if you are a cool person to start off with? You sound like a really nice person. It's great to receive compliments and yes i would continue to do more of the same, you're going to meet some really cool people who could turn into good mates!

Take Care
Danny
Old 1st September 2007, 14:31

Thumbs up Re: neighbours

hello muffin head,
in answer to your question the neighbour whose gave me the lift home had been living in my street for 22 years. i know they say there is a first time for eveerything. it was still such a mild shock if that makes things clearer.
I saw this person on the bus last year with his wife when his car broke down. I surprised he knew my 1st name I thought I was invisible to most people.
Closed Thread