SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 10th March 2024, 14:55

Default Re: Weight loss and diet thread

Thanks, Tubbs! You are right, slow and steady is the way forward.
Old 10th March 2024, 18:16

Mood
Cynical

This woman has videos about how she finally lost a large amount of weight and how getting help with her mental health for binge eating and food addiction was the first most important step. Also she has a lovely Irish accent

Old 4th April 2024, 18:44

Three months ago, I weighed around 85 kilograms and felt the need to make some changes.

I've started by correcting my diet. Cutting down on processed foods and refined sugars and loading up on veggies and lean proteins.
Exercise-wise, I've been jogging in the park and doing some at-home HIIT workouts. I'm trying to get moving every day, even if it's just for a short burst of activity.
I've also started using Zotrim, an herbal appetite reducer. Nothing serious, not like those injectable medications like Ozempic. It's got a mix of ingredients like guarana, vitamins B3 and B6, and yerba mate, which work together to help curb cravings and keep me feeling fuller for longer. This article covers its pros and cons, in case anyone's interested.

In three months, I lost about 8 kgs. Hope to lose the same amount in the next three.
Old 4th April 2024, 19:13

^ Great job!

How's your sleep been throughout the last three months?
Old 4th April 2024, 19:39

No word of a lie, I honestly thought you typed this

Quote:
Originally Posted by genovese
^ Great job!

How's your stool been throughout the last three months?
And because it's diet related, that seemed slightly acceptable. Very personal, but slightly acceptable

Anyway

Well done on the weight loss, Noisykoala. It sounds like you're making great progress! I've also been trying to limit my processed foods. Although I'm still finding it difficult to limit my sugar intake, but I'm hoping to achieve that eventually.That's the goal anyway. Where it's one step and one calorie at a time. And best of luck with the weight loss journey!
Old 4th April 2024, 19:51

^ I'd say both questions require an answer
Old 4th April 2024, 20:30

Amazing NoisyKoala, well done on your weight loss and getting fitter with it. You will get to your goal, keep it up!

I've been quietly getting on with it since I posted in this thread about a month ago. Weigh myself on Monday coming. Hoping for some positive results.
Old 8th April 2024, 08:47

Nervously got on the scales this morning after just over a month on the diet. Total weight loss so far 14lbs (6.35kg). Really surprised and feel spurred on for the second month.

I've been sticking to 1300 calories a day, along with mostly in-home exercise such as squats and push ups. This last week I've started going out for a walk too, partly for weightloss, partly to challenge my agoraphobia. My boyfriend came with me on the walks this time but the challenge is to do one 40 minute walk on my own this week.

Those first two weeks, the hunger pangs were really intense. They seemed to have calmed down as time has gone on thankfully.
Old 8th April 2024, 18:30

Well done on the weight loss, Sophie! And exercising as well! Very impressive! I was checking my general calorie intake the other day and I seem to be eating around 1800 calories. Which needs to be lower for me. I also need to start exercising. As well as not having any more cheat days. Basically what I'm trying to say is, you're my diet and exercise role model! I'm glad it's going well for you!
Old 8th April 2024, 18:33

^^ Well done

What do your 1300calories consist of
Old 8th April 2024, 19:31

Mood
Cynical

Well done! A stone in a month is amazing! Your calories sound quite low so you might be able to eat more and still lose weight, but of course that's for you to work out etc.

Also well done for going for walks to challenge your agoraphobia, that's tough.
Old 9th April 2024, 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by genovese
^^ Well done

What do your 1300calories consist of
Thank you everyone. You all give me strength to keep going with this

A typical day is usually porridge with semi skimmed milk and fake sugar for breakfast. A tin of soup for lunch sometimes with a slice of wholemeal bread. Dinner is usually lean chicken or fish with some simple veg like peas or baked beans. Then just before bed I'll have a slice of wholemeal bread to take the hunger pangs away so sleep is more comfortable.

I've got into a routine of weighing out everything, and keeping a pen and pad in the main room to record the days calories, including milk in the tea. I get quite obsessive with the numbers and details, which helps keep me going in a way.

The contrast to a month ago makes me unsurprised how I put so much weight on so fast the last years. I would basically eat a dinner as big as you like then follow it up with chocolate and crisps while sitting in front of the TV. Just about every meal of the day I'd have something sweet after like chocolate. I felt like I couldn't do without it at the time.