Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 27th May 2005, 21:57
Goldilocks

Default Anyone from Berkshire?

Hi

I'd be interested in getting in contact with someone else in my area. I'm fairly newly diagnosed with SA but it's something I've had for as long as I can remember - just didn't have a name for it before. Life feels pretty grim at the moment and I can relate to a lot of the things others have said on this site -especially the feeling of having wasted my life. I want things to be different and I have to try, but it's hard to hold to any optimism. I'm feeling pretty isolated.
Old 28th May 2005, 00:39
intro

Default Re: Anyone from Berkshire?

Me (Emote: smile) I don't think there's anyone else from Berks here, but I've been away from SAUK for a few months (I tend to drift in and out of 'sociability').

Welcome to SAUK - it helps knowing you aren't alone, and there are others to talk to who understand.

Feel free to pm/email me.
Old 28th May 2005, 01:30
legin

There are 3 registered users in Berkshire me being one of them there are 2 young ladies in Reading, and check out Wiltshire, Hampshire and Surrey they are not a million miles away check out the search members by area and welcome aboard (Emote: wave)
Old 28th May 2005, 03:55
intro

Excellent - we should organise a Berkshire meet then (Emote: smile)
Old 2nd June 2005, 00:19
deeshow

Hi this might be useful to you from a meetings thread (Emote: smileyellow)

We are trying to form a small Social Anxiety support group in the Reading area. We plan to meet on the last Tuesday of every month to discuss our personal experiences with SA with a view to sharing the things we find helpful in our personal lives.

We had our first meeting in March and it proved helpful to all 3 attendees. The name of the group is the "Reading Area Social Anxiety Support Group" and the main requirement if you want join us is that you have personal experience of Social Anxiety and want to be part of a support group. None of us in the group have any professional skills in the area of Social Anxiety but we have backup advice and support from a doctor who practices Cognitive Therapy professionally.

We don't have a silver bullet and do not provide any direct advice. We simply share what we find helpful and if that helps others in the group, great! Of course, this is no subsitute for professional help but it can compliment whatever other steps you are taking to overcome SA.

If you would like to know more you can email socialanxiety47@hotmail.com or phone 0118 927 2897 and leave a message for the "Reading Areal Social Anxiety Support Group".

Cheers.

GC.
Old 2nd June 2005, 16:43
louise40

Hi my name is Louise and I live in Bracknell, berkshire. I have only just found this site, and I can really relate to what is being said. My life story reads the same, I am painfully shy, and have hardly any friends. I am a mum of 4 children, and would love the chance to chat to other people out there with SA. I can be reached at e mail address mikeypoo66@yahoo.co.uk.
Old 15th June 2005, 14:44
scimmy

l'm actually down in Southampton but always happy to chat/email people.

Old 15th June 2005, 20:24
welshcake

Hi there...

I live just outside Reading, and having moved up from Wales a year ago lost my support network of my family. I have 2 children and would dearly love to ditch this SA that has been hanging around my next for the past 17years! It's so reassuring to feel that there are others who feel like you do. My e mail address is davies_wales1969@yahoo.co.uk. Please email me, I would love to swap stories, offer support and become friends....(Emote: bricks)
Closed Thread