SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 3rd October 2017, 20:01

Default Excess Saliva

Does anybody else have to constantly swallow as their mouth continues to fill with excess saliva. I have been to an oral surgeon who considers that everything is normal and doctors are attributing this to anxiety. I wonder if it's because I have become fixated on it but it makes me nervous when speaking with people. I read more so about dry mouth with anxiety but perhaps this is how my body responds to fight or flight. I have tried indigestion medicine as well and that did not help.
Old 3rd October 2017, 20:16

Default Re: Excess Saliva

I had this problem for a small stage. And yeah it was basically nervousness. Your brain is like hyper-aware you've producing excess saliva, but it's not so aware of the nervousness. If you switch your brain to picking up your nervousness and dealing with that, then the problem should then begin to stop.
Old 3rd October 2017, 20:39

Hi Ramon, that's really helpful advice. I sometimes wonder why anxiety symptom pages rarely mention excess saliva, is it quite rare?
Old 3rd October 2017, 21:39

I'm not sure