SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 2nd December 2011, 15:44

Mood
Sad

Default What is your favourite pokemon/Which pokemon are you most similar to?

-I Apologise to those that dont like pokemon or if i posted this in the wrong place-

Mine fave is arcanine - sooo hawt! *drools* also loyal and protective.. which is similar to me (well except being hawt, im ugly) I think i share some characterstics with mew though aswell - im shy, gentle, curious and very playful. How about you folkies?
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:04

Default Re: What is your favourite pokemon/Which pokemon are you most similar to?

I like Scyther, probably cos I had a pet mantis once. Not really sure which Pokemon im like, maybe Humanizard.
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:05

Default Re: What is your favourite pokemon/Which pokemon are you most similar to?

Ahh, I used to like Pokemon when I was younger. I still do mind.

My first Pokemon card was Charmander so I've always liked him, as well as Squirtle, Rapidash, Chikorita and Phanpy. Not sure why really, other than Phanpy because it's an elephant and I love elephants. No idea what Pokemon I'm like though.
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:05

My favourite is Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam, but I'm more like Umbreon!

Although, others may say I'm more likely to be something like makuhita
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:29

Mood
Sad

^
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:35

Mood
Cool

i used to use turtwig,bidoof,magikarp,shinx,geodude and zubat so their my favourite.havent played black&white but got 3ds now so will wait for the next one they make on 3ds.will have to choose different pokemon though theyve changed them all.sons just said he wants black&white for his ds so will get that.sorry waffling a bit love pokemon.
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:38

Mood
Cool

like kriketot and starly to
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:58

Mood
Alienated

i always liked:

and:

but these days im probably more like:

(not the size but i did just sleep 15hrs )
Old 2nd December 2011, 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
i always liked:

I like the next one up from him

Old 2nd December 2011, 17:50

Mood
Alienated

i can agree with that ^

wasnt such a fan when he got legs though
Old 2nd December 2011, 17:54

I guess i'll have to say I'm like audino. Always trying to help others and do my best for them. Can't stand seeing them be hurt. I flushed my bf's ears recently till it was unblocked, he had it for months. He was so happy! =D My fave pokemon is lickitung tho

Old 2nd December 2011, 18:15

Mood
Woot

Oh look at all you fancy people with your pics, I'm too lazy for that

Fave Pokemon is Bulbasaur, which one am I most like? Probably Snorax or whatever it's called lol.
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:31

Mood
Dreaming

Pokemon wise I'd say I'm Mew Two. Doesn't say much, observes a lot of the time. Spends a fair bit of time in own company contemplating things. Dark minded at times. Changeable personality. And have a thin build especially around hands and arms.

Old 2nd December 2011, 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTKsaucex
Pokemon wise I'd say I'm Mew Two. Doesn't say much, observes a lot of the time. Spends a fair bit of time in own company contemplating things. Dark minded at times. Changeable personality. And have a thin build especially around hands and arms.

Ohhh I like your description :3
Old 2nd December 2011, 21:15

Mood
Happy

I have always had a soft spot for water types. But after playing pokemon white my new favourite is Reuniclus, he is a beast! I built a trick room triples team based around him and it is unstoppable. i welcome all challenges
Old 2nd December 2011, 21:59

Mood
Insomnious

Pigeon. Oh and the yellow rabbit is cool. I know all the original 151. Test me, bitchez. That Audino one looks like a lampshade. I like it. Which is the latest game? I haven't played one since Red/Blue.
Old 3rd December 2011, 01:40

I saw some of the newer pokemon, I love the fact that those artists are so obviously bored at this point. They're sitting around saying "so what if we make a pokemon that's an ice-cream cone?". How does that animal come to exist through a process of natural selection?

There are tons of questions to be asked about that universe. Like all kids are sent out to roam the wilderness alone at the age of 10? And they're taught to love and respect living creature and then hold them in some crazy vr gulag and occasionally take them out and force them to fight? Also what do people do for food? Are there pokemon slaughter houses where they send the various pokemon that look a bit like livestock?

I remember one of the original pokemon was a dinosaur thing that wore it's mothers skull as a mask, how the f is that appropriate for kids? I could go on like this but pokemon is all kinds of wrong.
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRH1987
There are tons of questions to be asked about that universe. Like all kids are sent out to roam the wilderness alone at the age of 10? And they're taught to love and respect living creature and then hold them in some crazy vr gulag and occasionally take them out and force them to fight? Also what do people do for food? Are there pokemon slaughter houses where they send the various pokemon that look a bit like livestock?
That's where the Professor Oak meme comes from, of course.

Quote:
I remember one of the original pokemon was a dinosaur thing that wore it's mothers skull as a mask, how the f is that appropriate for kids? I could go on like this but pokemon is all kinds of wrong.
And that's only the start of it!

@NRG.89: I raise you...

Old 3rd December 2011, 13:30

Mood
Sneaky

me -

Old 3rd December 2011, 15:33

Mood
Sad

Hey PRH1987 thanks for ur comment Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i respect urs. im not sure how to respond to what uve said about the design of some of the newer pokemon as i only really know the 1st and 2nd gen well enough to talk about em'.
when i play any type of video game i know that its not real and should not be copied at all but what i do in game has no effect on real life at all as its just lines of coding programmed to make certain aspects of a virtual world respond to external input (ive had alot of sugar today) i know that in real life i should treat others how i wish to be treated, that my actions have consiquences which i am responsible for and that everything i say and do plays a part in determing the outcome of any situation (im rambling too much, sorry)
-Coffee break- :D
basicly what im trying to say is that if a child has not yet been tought the difference between reality and virtual reality and has no experience to help them understand right and wrong then they should not be playing a videogame with content in that could influence them in a bad way. its the parents responsibility to teach stuff like this to their child as soon as they can. videogames should never be judged by/blamed for peoples actions. although i do agree that the concept of pokemon is pretty twisted. (i apologise for my poor spelling and stuff)
NRG.89 & AnathemA i liiiike those real pics/costumes :P made me smile. that meme site is pretty amusing too, i think its the first time ive seen it.
Old 3rd December 2011, 23:57

I was only joking… kind of. I don't think pokemon is harmful to kids, it's just weird!
Old 4th December 2011, 12:41

Mood
Spaced

My favourite is klinklang at the moment because I caught a shiny one at the weekend Also my eelektross is pretty rocking.
Old 4th December 2011, 12:49

Mood
Fine

in all my years of playing pkmn i've never even seen a shiny. the only one is the red gyarados that's readily available.
Old 4th December 2011, 12:53

Mood
Spaced

Yeah this is like the third game I've played and the first one I've ever encountered. You can see them on the GTS quite often but they'll be impossible trades (like a level 1 zekrom).
Old 4th December 2011, 13:24

Mood
Happy

i have built up quite a collection of shiny's and they are all legit, i caught most of them while EV training. Just off the top of my head i have a ponyta, goldeen, solrock and a slakoth. The pokeradar in diamond/pearl makes finding them a hell of a lot easier.
Old 4th December 2011, 16:59

Mood
Scared

I have a soft spot for meowth, i know he can be bad but
it's not his fault it's team rockets.!
Old 14th December 2011, 02:48

I stopped caring about pokemon when they went over 151

i turned 10 i no longer wanted to be a pokemon master.

My favourite was charmander the episode where his flame almost goes out is really upseeting.

Great kids show i was a mega fan when i was a kid i would keep anything pokemon related card board boxes anything, loved it like crazy.