SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 15th March 2011, 01:12

Mood
Creative

Default Ok, so here goes...

First off hello to all.

Around about this time last year I found out about Social Anxiety Disorder after realising (had really been for ages) that I was rather "Different" than the others in my mist.

By different I mean that I would always tag along with my friends, but never actually say anything or do anything. Just sorta be there and not get noticed.

My best friend has confronted me about this several times, but he doesn't understand (no one around me does) my situation. That there is something in my brain telling me not to say or do these things because it'll be a bad idea.

I feel as though this has gradually been getting worse, to the point where I now only have my family and my best friend left (No other contacts other than work).

Now, I have no idea as to whether I have S.A.D or maybe even at least, Aspergers Syndrome. But I hope to tell you all how I feel in the hope that someone could put this to rest.

So, here are my symptoms.

*When talking to people its always either a one word answer or very little words.

*Stuttering/mixing up sentences.

*Sweating, heart rate increase, constant fear/panic attack feeling when talking to someone in authority.

*Constant feeling that I'm being judged by everyone for everything I do.

*Lack of awareness when doing things (Like I'm not there, my best friend has described it as if "A car is driving along and no one is in the driver's seat).

*Lack of understanding emotions/basic convosation.

*Lack of emotion in voice.

*Lack of empathy or sympathy for people.

*Clumsy movement.

Thats about all I can think of right now I'm afraid guys.

I hope that someone can tell me about my situation, because I have no idea as to whether its likely I suffer from either S.A.D or Aspergers Syndrome (or both) or what ever. One thing I know for certain though is that what I do, say and act are not what you would call "Normal" behaviour.

I hope to get some form of feedback on this from someone here.

Thank you very much for any support you can give.

Regards

*Ruby*
Old 15th March 2011, 01:18

Mood
Chatty

Default Re: Ok, so here goes...

You have all the symptoms of Social anxiety, and some of the symptoms of Aspergers.

The only one who would know for sure is a medical professional, but I would sway in the direction of social anxiety as there is a lot of crossover there.

There is a lot of help available out there, such as online CBT, CBT recordings, CBT with a therapist, counselling, medication, holistic methods such as exercise, diet, herbal supplements.
But the first step would be talking to a good and understanding GP.
Old 15th March 2011, 01:23

Mood
Volatile

Default Re: Ok, so here goes...

I'm kind of in the same boat and could match each of your symptoms..my Mum reckons I have Asbergers but I think its Social Anxiety..
Closed Thread