SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 15th March 2011, 13:57

Mood
Relaxed

Default Two awsome sayings about depression and emotion.

Two awsome sayings one i came up with i'd like to share:

"The Human tendency to look for outer causes for our moods, is the greatest addiction on our planet"

This for me sums up years of depression where i blamed everything on my parents, sisters, even humanity itself. Its now that I realise the insecurities were in myself, and i was being hostile becasue it was easier blaming others than accepting it was really me who needs fixing.

"You only truly now who you are once youve sunk to the murky depths of your soul, weighed down by depression; only to be relased by friends, lovers and teachers. It is on your way up you can feel how deep your soul can truly go."

Comming out of my depression, i had an overwhelming sense of self; which you can only feel from being at the bottom.

Hope u find them usefull!
Old 15th March 2011, 14:58

Default Re: Two awsome sayings about depression and emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fr33_Man
"The Human tendency to look for outer causes for our moods, is the greatest addiction on our planet"
Very true.

With SA, the single most important thing to remember is that the way you think influences the way you feel.

And you can control the way you think - it's ultimately in your control - which means you CAN recover from social anxiety (it just takes time!).

External events and people aren't what harms you. It's yourself, YOUR perception and YOUR attitude towards them that does.
Old 15th March 2011, 16:01

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjfox
External events and people aren't what harms you. It's yourself, YOUR perception and YOUR attitude towards them that does.
I half-disagree. The causes of my SA were my parents lack of understanding, it is possible for external sources to be the cause BUT what that then does it makes it so you consider EVeRYTING ELSE a threat.

I spent months of thinking and even my therapist agrees my parents constantly reinforce my anxiety.
Old 15th March 2011, 23:52

Mood
Musical

'In the end the only race you are in is with yourself' . Think that relates to your first quote, I tell myself that quite a lot.
Old 16th March 2011, 00:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fr33_Man
I like this one. Sometimes its kind of hard to help being who or what you are though, but a little shift in perspective can be capable of bringing quite huge changes in a dramatic way.
Old 16th March 2011, 00:54

"Resolve"

Only when you are resolute to yourself can you be to your suroundings.
Closed Thread