SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 17th March 2011, 01:26

Default Re: rejections..

Don't have anything much useful to add, but just wanted to say I was very interested to see what you wrote about the speed dating... because I had a near-identical experience last time I tried it (I've been a few times but won't bother with it again).

Basically some of the dates seemed to go pretty well (though I'm useless at telling whether people are actually interested or just being friendly) and I'm pretty certain I saw one of them actually tick me on her score card as I was leaving the table. At the end I didn't stay around for the general chat like the others did, I was completely drained after getting through all the dates and there was no way I would have made a good impression on anyone in that state. I suck at talking in groups at the best of times.

Was feeling good as I left because I thought I'd get a match at least with that one girl... but like what happened to you, most of them never entered their ticks at all. I guess a lot of people just go there to meet people and don't bother with the online thing, I overheard one of the guys at the break saying "Yeah, like anyone's going to bother going online tomorrow, I just wanna get their numbers at the end!" or something. So I reckon for someone like me who's not going to be able to make informal chit-chat with the whole group at the end, it's a waste of time.
Old 17th March 2011, 07:18
Banned

Default Re: rejections..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercat
Don't have anything much useful to add, but just wanted to say I was very interested to see what you wrote about the speed dating... because I had a near-identical experience last time I tried it (I've been a few times but won't bother with it again).

Basically some of the dates seemed to go pretty well (though I'm useless at telling whether people are actually interested or just being friendly) and I'm pretty certain I saw one of them actually tick me on her score card as I was leaving the table. At the end I didn't stay around for the general chat like the others did, I was completely drained after getting through all the dates and there was no way I would have made a good impression on anyone in that state. I suck at talking in groups at the best of times.

Was feeling good as I left because I thought I'd get a match at least with that one girl... but like what happened to you, most of them never entered their ticks at all. I guess a lot of people just go there to meet people and don't bother with the online thing, I overheard one of the guys at the break saying "Yeah, like anyone's going to bother going online tomorrow, I just wanna get their numbers at the end!" or something. So I reckon for someone like me who's not going to be able to make informal chit-chat with the whole group at the end, it's a waste of time.

it just seems like a waste of time and money as the girls are not taking it seriously. speed dating is actually not a bad way to meet people. just a shame that the girls don't tend to take it very seriously.

i think yeah, you'd probably have to ask for their numbers or something. but doing that in a group seems really awkward and what if the girl is not interested in you?, SUPER awkward....,

speed dating is a nice idea, but in practice after seeing about 8 people everything seems to become a blur and you have trouble remembering folk. smaller group sizes would be better as it'd be nice to be able to remember people more easily and also have them remember you. it might increase the number of solid matches people get.

i don't think the speed dating companies are helping matters tbh. i looked at another event advertised recently which is on a friday and it said that your ticket price includes free entry into the club part afterwards. i kinda sighed and also laughed ...because all that's going to happen is that the girls will go off to the club afterwards and likely get hit on by many other guys (which they'll end up spending much more than 4 minute dates with..) and probably soon forget the speed daters that they've just met..
Closed Thread