SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 17th March 2011, 14:04

Default Re: Crush, crush, crush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmazing
I never tell anybody i like them, and i never will, because i don't feel good enough for anybody.
same here, and from experience what usually happens is that they are seeking the all round perfect guy or they are in a relationship already or their life is nothing like you imagine it to be, so i think often crushes turn out to be a dissapointment anyway.
Old 17th March 2011, 15:52

Mood
Balanced

Default Re: Crush, crush, crush.

I tend to get crushes with men on tv. I go through a few weeks of thinking about them and then it wears off! It wears off because when I was a teenager in the 80's I had year long crush on someone on tv. I obssessed about them. I thought about them 24/7 and I just kept dreaming they would take me away from my nightmare life at that time. Can you imagine a 13 year old being driven away by a 30+ man? It wouldn't exactly look very good. I was so obessessed it hurt emotionally. It was painful. So whenever I get a crush now I always remind myself of that year. I laugh about it now. Ironically when I had the crush I always hoped he would come to our local theatre and do panto so I could see him. Years later he did, but I stopped liking him then. Typical!
Closed Thread