SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 11th February 2019, 17:39

Default When you first wake up/open your eyes, do you feel happy starting a new day?

?
Old 11th February 2019, 18:18

Default Re: When you first wake up/open your eyes, do you feel happy starting a new day?

If it's the weekend, then yes
Old 11th February 2019, 19:32

Mood
Alienated

Default Re: When you first wake up/open your eyes, do you feel happy starting a new day?

Something along the lines of

"why am I awake at 4am again, oh joy I can get up in a couple of hours to go to work"

No, I don't feel remotely happy!
Old 11th February 2019, 20:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian
No, I'm always disappointed that I didn't snuff it in my sleep tbh.
Me too. I get a few moments grace while I shake the last of a dream off, before I gain my senses and think 'Oh FFS, this again'.
Old 11th February 2019, 20:51

Mood
Cynical

When I wake up I'm usually confused about where I am and what day it is, then I'm concerned with finding out what the time is. I look forward to having breakfast, does that count...
Old 11th February 2019, 21:40
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Hmm dunno. I sometimes get up feeling the need to be doing something but more often than not I struggle to feel awake properly and just feel like I need to shut my eyes for a bit longer.
Happy tho?....errm, no probably not - sleepy or neutral or anxious (if I have to do something sa provoking).
Old 11th February 2019, 22:16

Mood
Tired

Inert. Not happy or sad but vaguely anxious and guilty that I have little reason to get out of bed, but also at least looking forward to my first coffee.
Old 12th February 2019, 03:03

I'm not a morning person and it's even worse if I haven't slept very well. I envy the people who are alert and happy first thing.

I'm not a night owl either so unsure what that makes me.
Old 12th February 2019, 11:09

Some nights I don't manage to sleep at all but even when I do (like last night) I'll still wake up feeling physically and mentally exhausted.

For me sleep allows me to escape from my relentless negative thoughts so I always wake up feeling disappointed that I've woken up. Also, I usually don't suffer with SA in my dreams so I get to live far more when I'm asleep than awake

I can identify with the people here who say that they wish that they never woke up but I just can't allow myself to wish that because it would break my husband and son's hearts and I want more than anything in the world to be around as long as I can be for them.

I can't say I've woken up feeling excited about the day ahead for years, if ever!! When my child was little things were much better because I had so much more of a purpose in life. I had a reason to go out.

I think loads of people, even those who don't suffer with anxiety and depression, would rather be sleeping in their warm beds than getting up every morning and stepping onto the relentless daily tread mill called Life.

I think it's all so terribly sad to be wishing your life away but that's good ole' Depression for you isn't it
Old 12th February 2019, 16:14

Mood
Crappy

Yup I'm still happy to be alive and I'm a morning person. Mood gets worse as the day goes along.
Old 12th February 2019, 17:32
Banned

Not happy, not sad, just in between.
Old 12th February 2019, 18:09

No, I haven't felt that get up ang go feeling for quite a while (years).

Getting out of bed is a monumental struggle between part of me that wants to just stay there in the warm and the other part of me that knows the clock is ticking and delay is only making things worse. The days offer nothing but the promise of struggling against my demons.

The balance shifts from the former to the latter slowly so I do get up eventually.

While I am pressing forward and growing, I guess I will be stuck with this feeling and it may get better in the spring.
Old 12th February 2019, 20:42

Mood
Alienated

See a lot of folk love sleeping, I used to be one of them years ago

Nowadays its the worst thing in the world for me, I hate going to sleep for many many reasons (some are stupid)

I've looking into medication I can take to try and cut down on sleeping, I no longer want it at all, unfortunately I require it . The best I could find was taking speed but thats really not viable and comes with a whole host of other shit I don't want I need a button to press that removes my need for sleep
Old 12th February 2019, 21:56

Mood
Tired

This is something that bothers me a lot now,
For some time now I've felt horrible in the morning, weekend or not.
Depressed, confused, anxious, loathing the day ahead,..
It's doubly annoying as I have no idea why this has been happening for so long,
Could be age or health related, or possibly I'm in the wrong job?
Old 12th February 2019, 22:02

'Oh.. I'm awake'
Old 12th February 2019, 22:04

there's a buddhist guy and he says when he wakes up he says 'hello me, nice to see you again!'.
Old 25th January 2024, 14:58

No, I don't feel happy about starting a new day, I just feel sad that I had to wake up at all.
Old 26th January 2024, 01:09

I find that I become more upbeat as the day goes on. I would probably be sleepwalking throughout the day if I didn't drink a cup of coffee. Unless I have been and I just don't know it!
Old 28th January 2024, 23:26

I'm not sure I have much at all as an adult. On holidays, but not always reliably. For a long time I'd feel like I'd have preferred to have stayed asleep. Now I'm relatively indifferent - which is improvement. My general trick to coax me up is to think about the nice food I'll have later on. If I didn't have food, I'm not sure I'd often bother.
Old 29th January 2024, 21:17

^ oh my gosh, I’m food orientated as well having something tasty to look forward to.

Also having, “I wonder…” like I wonder what will happen if I put chocolate milk in tea instead of milk, milk? I wonder if I can make popcorn in the air fryer?

They aren’t that thrilling but it’s good to know!
Old 29th January 2024, 21:28

My first word this morning when my alarm went off at 0630 was ****.
Old 29th January 2024, 21:43

^ yes pretty much me. I normally wake up with anxiety.

Regarding things to look forward to I used to go to sleep looking forward to my morning coffee. That would have been on holidays.
Old 29th January 2024, 21:44

Ive been having dreams recently about a guy named John. He is trying to kill me. Same dream over and over so I wake up terrified!
Old 29th January 2024, 21:47

^ cripes! That sounds scary. You need to watch some nice johns and read about some nice johns before bed. I wonder if there is an animal rescuer called John?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG_
My first word this morning when my alarm went off at 0630 was ****.
Alarm twinnnns.

Although I set mine at 06:25 now so I can have those thoughts for five minutes. Only I don't really swear, so the 06:25 alarm is the oh-fiddle-sticks alarm in preparation for the 06:30 get up.
Old 29th January 2024, 21:56

Old 29th January 2024, 22:03

^^aren't we lucky.
Old 30th January 2024, 00:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ oh my gosh, I’m food orientated as well having something tasty to look forward to.

Also having, “I wonder…” like I wonder what will happen if I put chocolate milk in tea instead of milk, milk? I wonder if I can make popcorn in the air fryer?

They aren’t that thrilling but it’s good to know!
Fud friendz! Have you actually tried that with popcorn? Now I want to.
Old 30th January 2024, 09:49

John was a boyfriend of mine years ago but he turned out to be psycho! Recently been thinking about him a lot! I think I find it really stressful thinking about him but unfortunately I cant stop!