SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 25th September 2019, 20:26

Default Re: What are you doing right now? (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
^ I need me one of them, a sibling

Gets annoying when you take time off work and everyone wants to know what your up to or where your going.

Well I'm not going anywhere coz I aint got anyone to go with! always sounds a bit pathetic in my head! out with the tiny violins
aww but having some time to yourself and away from work is time well spent! Holidays are stressful if you ask me! I'd happily not go anywhere.

I am lucky that we have a fun time together. She doesn't like aeroplanes though, so not sure if she'll wanna go.

We are different. She's a lie on the beach and sunbathe holidayer. That's my idea of hell!! I get bored and restless after two minutes. I prefer to explore places and do things.
Old 25th September 2019, 22:07

Mood
Alienated

To be fair I'm not hugely bothered about the travelling as such. I've done the laying on a beach holiday, I just ended up hitting the all inclusive booze from about 9am and spent all 2 weeks half cut because I didn't know what else to do

Suppose I'd be more inclined to go somewhere (perhaps even on my own) if there was anywhere I actually wanted to go
Old 25th September 2019, 22:40

^ I've never even stayed in a hotel/resort - mainly because it was far too expensive for my family and also going to another country, but spending the entire time in a hotel surrounded by British people doesn't make any sense to me! Well, it does make sense....people just want to relax in the sunshine. But it would make me feel really bored and ants in my pantsy. I want to try all the yummy local food and do fun things out and about.
Old 26th September 2019, 07:46

Mood
Alienated

^ Where I stayed you couldn't just venture outside (that makes it sound quite dodgy) but it was like a 4km complex sort of thing full of hotels and if you wanted to leave it you had to make sure the hotel booked a taxi for you as only certain companies were allowed inside the complex. I mean it was nice, I awkwardly swam with dolphins and stuff and it was only slightly ruined in week 2 by SPRING BREAK WOO Americans

I can certainly see the appeal of going for a nose about in the local area though, maybe I'm too indoorsy in my ways

I'm currently listening to it absolute piss it down debating if its time to retire the shorts for the year, I actually need to go to work in 3 minutes...I don't need this sort of rushed decision in my life
Old 26th September 2019, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ I've never even stayed in a hotel/resort - mainly because it was far too expensive for my family and also going to another country, but spending the entire time in a hotel surrounded by British people doesn't make any sense to me! Well, it does make sense....people just want to relax in the sunshine. But it would make me feel really bored and ants in my pantsy. I want to try all the yummy local food and do fun things out and about.
I've never been on a resort holiday either because I know I would get too restless. Most of the pleasure of travelling for me is eating good food and moving around different places seeing different things, so being cooped up in the same place with the same people, doing the same things every day, eating in the same hotel restaurant every day, etc, sounds like a nightmare to me. I don't know how some people do that once or twice every year and never try anything else. Sometimes I think about going to a resort once just to see what it's like, but even seven days sounds like far too much.
Old 26th September 2019, 09:30

Even if I go to the beach for a day trip I never spend more than like 30 minutes actually on it lol. The adventure is the experience so without that the holiday is almost worthless to me.

As for what I'm doing now, I'm embarking on a total of 18 hours of travel. Should be in Hong Kong tomorrow...

I'll probably end up posting here more than anywhere else since facebook , WhatsApp and insta are all banned in the mainland. Thank you for this freedom Chinese government who might be reading this. I'm not a spy btw. Down with capitalism. Hi.
Old 26th September 2019, 10:19

Old 26th September 2019, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf in Pog Form
Even if I go to the beach for a day trip I never spend more than like 30 minutes actually on it lol. The adventure is the experience so without that the holiday is almost worthless to me.

As for what I'm doing now, I'm embarking on a total of 18 hours of travel. Should be in Hong Kong tomorrow...

I'll probably end up posting here more than anywhere else since facebook , WhatsApp and insta are all banned in the mainland. Thank you for this freedom Chinese government who might be reading this. I'm not a spy btw. Down with capitalism. Hi.
ooh..now that is a bit exciting. You must post about the flavours of crisps that they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen.
I've never been on a resort holiday either because I know I would get too restless. Most of the pleasure of travelling for me is eating good food and moving around different places seeing different things, so being cooped up in the same place with the same people, doing the same things every day, eating in the same hotel restaurant every day, etc, sounds like a nightmare to me. I don't know how some people do that once or twice every year and never try anything else. Sometimes I think about going to a resort once just to see what it's like, but even seven days sounds like far too much.
Yep. Same. Agreed!
Old 26th September 2019, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
^ Where I stayed you couldn't just venture outside (that makes it sound quite dodgy) but it was like a 4km complex sort of thing full of hotels and if you wanted to leave it you had to make sure the hotel booked a taxi for you as only certain companies were allowed inside the complex. I mean it was nice, I awkwardly swam with dolphins and stuff and it was only slightly ruined in week 2 by SPRING BREAK WOO Americans

I can certainly see the appeal of going for a nose about in the local area though, maybe I'm too indoorsy in my ways

I'm currently listening to it absolute piss it down debating if its time to retire the shorts for the year, I actually need to go to work in 3 minutes...I don't need this sort of rushed decision in my life
It's all good - your holiday should be what you enjoy. And it's great if your holidaying with people who want the same kind of holiday.

Drinking holidays make no sense to me either! I'd be so worried about going to hospital or waking up not knowing where I am! On my last holiday I had to go to hospital every day to have dressings changed. It was so scary! I'm scared of hospitals in England too!

I'm kinda boring really!
Old 26th September 2019, 22:34

^ I'll try my best to experiment with crisps, biscuits. Its half the reason I'm going let's be honest.

Still have a 8 hour flight before I'm even there though. In Dubai airport at the moment. I saw the Burj Khalifa from my window seat and that is all I think I'll ever wanna see of this place.
Old 2nd October 2019, 01:01

Mood
Relaxed

Just made and ate chilli con carne. Now making myself a man.
Old 2nd October 2019, 08:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmosby
Now making myself a man.
Weird Science style?
Old 2nd October 2019, 13:53

Mood
Relaxed

^ I'd probably go for Data from Star Trek, but it turns out having achy thighs and hobbling about the place maketh the man.
Old 2nd October 2019, 13:59

Mood
Cynical

^^^ If I do that work out will I become a man?!
Old 2nd October 2019, 14:03

Mood
Relaxed

^It's guaranteed. Imagine all that privilege you could have.
Old 2nd October 2019, 14:48

Mood
Cynical

^ On second thoughts I'm not sure if I'd want to be a man, your equipment always seems very difficult to manage.
Old 2nd October 2019, 18:37

Mood
Balanced

We make good scapegoats and fodder though
Old 2nd October 2019, 19:29

Mood
Cynical

^ That's not what I use men for
Old 3rd October 2019, 21:09
Global Moderator

Mood
Elated

Catastrophising and crying and wishing I could turn the clock back 48 hours.
Old 3rd October 2019, 21:12
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
Old 3rd October 2019, 21:27

^^ How is your cat doing now Kooky?
Old 3rd October 2019, 21:36
Global Moderator

Mood
Elated

^/^^ Thank you, both

It's not going good atm, Consolida. Both sisters of the cat who went to the vets don't recognise her, and not only that, they are also being aggressive towards each other. It's difficult having to keep everyone in separate rooms, especially not knowing if this will resolve itself or not. I know I shouldn't get ahead of myself and start thinking about having to rehome one or more of them but I can't help it. The thought of losing them kills me.
Old 4th October 2019, 10:10
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Opening post. Just got a letter from MIND offering me a 7 hour per week job with them (the job I applied for back in Aug). I'm a bit stunned, I didn't expect to hear anything until January (if at all). All of a sudden I feel anxious. To many new things to deal with.
Old 4th October 2019, 17:17

^ Wow, congratulations Mo Anxiety provoking but exciting too

Getting ready to take my 16 year old for an induction at the part-time job he's been offered. The pay is £4:35 an hour and the Manager expects him to work until midnight (so I'll be running a late night taxi service for the foreseeable future) but it will be his first ever experience of working. Another milestone passed
Old 4th October 2019, 17:23
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ Thanks
I dunno if I'm coming or going these days!

That's great about your sons job, congrats to him. Tho I can understand your mixed feelings about it
Old 4th October 2019, 17:31
Co-Administrator

^ Congratulations Mo, that's great news
Old 4th October 2019, 17:46

Mood
Cynical

^^ Well done Mo that's brilliant

And well done to your son Consolida, they're letting 16 year olds work very late hours these days!
Old 4th October 2019, 17:52
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo_
^ Congratulations Mo, that's great news
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^^ Well done Mo that's brilliant

Thanks both of you
Old 4th October 2019, 18:40

Dougella - Thanks x
Old 4th October 2019, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
Opening post. Just got a letter from MIND offering me a 7 hour per week job with them (the job I applied for back in Aug). I'm a bit stunned, I didn't expect to hear anything until January (if at all). All of a sudden I feel anxious. To many new things to deal with.
Fantastic news, Mo! That is much sooner than they said - they must have really liked you in your interview and kept you in mind (no pun intended!).

I'm a bit disappointed that you weren't approached by someone hiding in a bush with an envelope in their briefcase.