SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th January 2013, 12:53

Default Lack of motivation in life in general

I think this may well be the case. I keep lacking motivation to do work in my university course thinking maybe im just not enjoying it or have grown bored of the subject. But then if I think about it closer what am I motivated by in life? I don't really care about money so I have to real desire to be really successful I would just like a job that I really enjoy, I thought that my course at uni might have been this but maybe not, I just don't really know. I have other similar possible career paths but I don't really have the confidence or motivation to pursue them right now because they'd involve a lot of individual effort. I only really have two things close to passions in my life, music and sport or even just football but I still have no desire to maybe read up on the subject further and develop my knowledge and enjoyment in the subjects.
Furthermore, I now seem to not even really care about making new friends and relationships so much now. This maybe a bit of a blessing in disguise since a few years ago id worry about it so much making it take over part of my life even if the situation wasn't as bad as i probably thought, now as long as I've got a few friends in my day to day life that I can get along with and help me through the day not that they know this I don't really care about trying to find new people which is alright for now but what happens if I happen to fall out or move away from these people.

Not really sure if I'm asking for advice as I don't know what advice anyone could give suppose I'm just putting my feelings down on paper, what I ever really do on here. So enjoy them!
Old 29th January 2013, 13:23

Default Re: Lack of motivation in life in general

Yep Im pretty much the same, the only things that motivates me is surf, sex and big televisions.
Old 29th January 2013, 13:28

Mood
Fine

Default Re: Lack of motivation in life in general

I can really relate to some of what you've said. With university, I felt exactly the same at one point last year, absolutely no motivation what so ever, fed up and was handing assignments etc in the day before, and not turning up for lectures and compulsary workshops. I think in a way it was down to boredom, I mean with my course it is honestly just constant, and the minute I stepped out of line, I was called to attend meetings regarding my "poor attitude". It wasn't until sitting down and really thinking that I got my ass in gear again, after all, I've done so much work and thought to hell with this need to finish now.
You've gotta think, this is your life and you should do whatever makes you happy. You only get once shot of life, so why not push yourself and fulfill any dreams or ambition you have? Unfortunately, to get a job you really enjoy I suppose you have to put a bit of work in to get it, hopefully that should motivate you to get out there and do it!

As for your friends and relationships, many people function better and well with a small group, after all, you'd rather have one close loyal friend than a bunch of back stabbing shits. You can't really go through each day thinking "what if", take each day as it comes, and hopefully you tackle some challenges and life, and maybe meet some lovely people along the way.

Hope your okay
x