SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 5th December 2019, 10:21

Mood
Creative

Default Leeches are such a challenge

You know the type? Once I try coming out of my shell a bit more there are more extrovert personalities (also insecure) who can use your energy. The positive point is that it shows that your energy is infectious and people respond well to it, the difficult challenge is sticking to your own needs and not being caught up in the immediate relief that anybody is talking to you, rather than those you genuinely want to form friendships and relationships with. Perhaps it’s the lack of experience with positive feelings, so even when they do occur I’m not very good at managing them to my advantage. It is so difficult when you are a quieter type, finding your territory to express yourself.
Old 6th December 2019, 15:14

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: Leeches are such a challenge

Yes it's difficult, you just have to learn from experience really and pay attention to the way people behave.
Old 13th January 2020, 05:36

Default Re: Leeches are such a challenge

I can relate. Especially to finding my territory to express myself (surely as a bear that ''should'' come naturally to me..)