SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 6th June 2012, 08:45

Mood
Happy

Default Extract of letter to my M.P.

I'm posting a letter to my M.P. today. The last two paragraphs read :

With all due respect I would like to repeat that Government future policy on benefits is causing a lot of worry for people with mental illness and this really should be addressed.
I'd also like to say that if the Government having reduced the higher rate of income tax also financially hurts some of the most vulnerable in our society then I believe it deserves to be hounded out of office. On this basis I might just actively campaign for the Labour Party at the next election. I remember Margaret Thatchers Chancellor reducing income tax at the same time as reducing benefits. Your very own Theresa May referred to your image as the nasty party. Is history to repeat itself? If your Government are going to reduce the existing benefits of genuinely disabled people then, with respect, I beg of you the question, how can you live with yourself.

I'd very much welcome any comments, be they for or against what I have written.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:08
Banned

Default Re: Extract of letter to my M.P.

Its a bit petulant if im being honest. Whoever reads it will chuck it in the bin cos it seems just a rant imo.
You are more likely to get notice if you include a petition of some sort in the letter as you are making the point that alot of people are not happy with the changes so you need to show them this to prove your point rather than them take your word for it.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnni
You are more likely to get notice if you include a petition of some sort in the letter as you are making the point that alot of people are not happy with the changes so you need to show them this to prove your point rather than them take your word on it.
Good idea.
Old 6th June 2012, 17:13

Mood
Busy

I agree a petition is a great idea. Rethink have a just won a big victory after an e-campaign. I'll defo sign one against these attacks on benefits which are worrying me to death. A friend of mine is in such a state about it that it has caused him a real set back in his recovery and now he can't even face doing his voluntary work. These politicians are so out of touch with what is going on in the real world!
Old 6th June 2012, 17:25
Banned

Maybe also in the letter mention one or two case studies of individual personal stories. From what i gather people will be deemed physically able to work but not mentally but still taken off benefits. So if you know anyone like this then maybe mention them and their circumstances i.e what will happen if they get passed fit work so they are more aware that the screening process they use is flawed.
Old 7th June 2012, 14:17

Mood
Creative

Remove the retorical questions, these are politicians they'll answer the fluff and not the main one
Old 7th June 2012, 14:28

Mood
Doh

To be honest I doubt they'll give it 2 seconds thought. This Goverment cares about nobody but the rich ...