SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 2nd July 2019, 00:10

Mood
Crappy

Default Work

I got switched to a new position at work 3 weeks ago. Everything has been going fine but today I messed up and got set back. I didn't leave the the store until 2 hours after I was scheduled to get off.

The good thing this week is our towns "homecoming week". So we had more buisness than usual. So I could stay on clock. No manager said anything to me either. But I always wonder if they do when I'm not there.
Old 2nd July 2019, 00:12

Mood
Crappy

Default Re: Work

I feel like I always doubt myself and tell myself I cant do certain things, or I'm not good or smart enough. I've been at this store for 2 years and I'm tired of the place and wish I could get a new job.
Old 2nd July 2019, 03:55

^ I think you are being very hard on yourself there Gomen.

You've been doing perfectly well for 3 weeks in your new job position but today things don't go quite according to plan and you feel that you've messed up and worry that your Manager may say something negative. What about focusing instead on all those days where everything was going fine?

The fact that you've been working at the store for 2 long years indicates to me that you certainly can do things well and that you have a lot of perseverance. Surely this is proof enough that you've got what it takes to look for a new job if this is something you would like to do.

Good luck
Old 3rd July 2019, 10:52

I agree with Consolida, why not focus more on your achievements, instead of overthinking things.

We could spend all our lives wondering what other people are saying about us, what good does it do?

There are always people who would be happy to put us down and dent our confidence, without us joining in and doing it to ourselves.