SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th September 2019, 17:21

Mood
Cheerful

Default Employment Advice!

Hi everyone

Hope your all well.

Last December I left my employment to start a new job with a new employer. I loved my old job but felt it was time to move on and try something different.

The new job didn't work out and I left.

I enquired for my old job back and approached my old manager about it. She emailed me back saying, I may have to reapply for the role when the vacancy goes up. In the meantime, she encouraged me to apply to become a bank worker. She told me she would complete the form on my behalf to which I trusted her. She even informed me that a client had died and informed she would invite me to the funeral.

Two days later, I received a phone call from an ex colleague informing she heard I was coming back? That she had heard it from a different manager. She gave me the heads up that everyone is aware of it. I was very shocked and deeply saddened to hear this. It was my confidentiality and it had been gossiped around.

I re-applied for my old job back.

I saw my previous manager a week later as we were invited to a leaving do. My manager was very dissmissive towards me. Hardly said anything and tried to run away.

I was very confused and very sure by her attitude that she was not happy and most likely will reject my application.

Two months later, I heard nothing back from my bank worker role and I sent her an email to enquire for an update. She didn't send me a reply back.

Like I thought, she didn't offer me a job interview for my old job.

I also heard the client's funeral had taken place and I wasn't invited.

Very saddened by all of this.

I found a new job and have been there for 7 months.

I approached the manager above her and she kindly completed the form on my behalf.

I eventually became a bank worker and I rang my old manager up one day determined to speak to her to inform her that I am now a bank worker and I was available to help her with shifts. She was absolutely shocked when she answered the phone and spoke to me. She paused and stumbled with words and informed she will let me know of any spare shifts available. I knew I wasn't going to be contacted but I felt good to phone her and eager for her to know I was a bank worker. Especially when she failed she help me despite encouraging and informing she would complete the form.

I recently saw my old job been re-advertised again seven months on. I emailed my old manager to inform that her that I am interested in wanting to re-apply. So far no response. I loved that job and I feel I have every right to re-apply.

Just enquiring for your thoughts? Why she encouraged me to apply first time around. Then encourage me to become a bank worker and would invite me to the client's funeral. Then go all cold and ignore me.

To this day, I am confused and hurt by these cowardice actions.

Do I re-apply or do I cut my losses?