Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 12th December 2013, 18:17

Default Re: anyone single still?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin74
Well I suppose you can never say never, but the older you get it's a tougher climb, especially with the social stigma attached to people like me who were unable to form relationships early on in life.
I didn't say it is easy just that it is possible. I know full well how difficult it is trying to start and maintain any sort of relationship when you've not had friends for several decades, as in my case. It may have helped me that my fiancé also suffers from anxiety to a degree, although I had no idea of this when I agreed to meet him!
Old 19th December 2013, 23:05

Mood
Sad

After many years (around 16) of raising the kids single handedly I found I had tuned my life into revolving around them. Recently worked out they really don't need me to pick up after them any more and now here I am single without any real friends that I could just call up and say hey lets go for a drink etc...

I know lots of people and I am sure one or two of them would actually be up for that but as I am not close to any of them I wouldn't even know who to ask or where to start...

Where does a 40 something with no social life start ... answers on a post card ...
Old 20th December 2013, 14:20

Mood
Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingADeepBreath
After many years (around 16) of raising the kids single handedly I found I had tuned my life into revolving around them. Recently worked out they really don't need me to pick up after them any more and now here I am single without any real friends that I could just call up and say hey lets go for a drink etc...

I know lots of people and I am sure one or two of them would actually be up for that but as I am not close to any of them I wouldn't even know who to ask or where to start...

Where does a 40 something with no social life start ... answers on a post card ...
I can identify whole heartedly with these sentiments TakingADeepBreath.Even though I am married,my wife has epilepsy,crohns disease and chronic fatigue syndrome and I am her carer.The kids (apart from the youngest) have left home.Furthermore,there has been a big family bust up with the eldest child whom we don't see any more.

Like you,my life was tuned to the kids but I am stuck here at home because I can't leave my wife alone who spends large chunks of her life asleep.In the meantime,friends I had when I was single are either in a similar position to myself or have moved away.And then there is the anxiety of course.

So yes indeed.Where do we start?
Old 20th December 2013, 18:20

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannysbabe
I met my fiancé last year, he had never had a girlfriend before - and he was 39. So no, its never too late
Congrats on the engagement Dannysbabe.
Old 21st December 2013, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal
Congrats on the engagement Dannysbabe.
Thank you Pal
Old 21st December 2013, 16:37

Mood
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf
I can identify whole heartedly with these sentiments TakingADeepBreath.Even though I am married,my wife has epilepsy,crohns disease and chronic fatigue syndrome and I am her carer.The kids (apart from the youngest) have left home.Furthermore,there has been a big family bust up with the eldest child whom we don't see any more.

Like you,my life was tuned to the kids but I am stuck here at home because I can't leave my wife alone who spends large chunks of her life asleep.In the meantime,friends I had when I was single are either in a similar position to myself or have moved away.And then there is the anxiety of course.

So yes indeed.Where do we start?
Thanks for the reply lone_wolf. I feel for you. You're situation makes it even harder to have a life outside of the home. You don't say how old the youngest child is (old enough to have their own life and not be dependent on their parents?). Isn't there any kind of respite you can get?
Old 23rd December 2013, 23:36

Mood
Melancholy

No a-I mean yes always
Old 31st December 2013, 12:58

Mood
Tired

Yep, I've always been single, and I only have myself to blame, because I haven't been putting myself 'out there' (either in the real world or online). Next year, I'll make more of an effort, though.
Old 31st December 2013, 17:32

Mood
Crappy

I guess it means trying new things. internet dating, speed dating, things like that. No way could I go to a speed dating event, but I have tried the online dating game, albeit two years ago now. Not sure if I could do it again as I've become a bit worse since then. Doubt ill meet someone now but then again who knows.
Old 27th April 2014, 16:35

Mood
Tired

I'm still single, and actually finding women to talk to is proving tough.
Old 27th April 2014, 20:20

Yes I'm still single, but there are only six other people where I work, one of whom is my mother, and apart from going there I don't really go out (except on my bike), so don't know how I would meet someone (online dating seems scary to me, I can't communicate properly with people if I can't see them face to face).
Old 24th May 2014, 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca-boo
I have no partner and no friends
oh no! what a waste,youre a beauty and i can tell youre an individual
Old 25th May 2014, 11:10

Yes, but I wonder why.
Old 25th May 2014, 11:22

Yep, I'm single now and always have been single.
Old 26th May 2014, 08:27

I am single haven't ever had a boyfriend, it would be nice to meet someone but it just hasn't really happened :-(

i wouldn't say I am too bothered about meeting someone but it would be nice to get married and have children one day, but then again I do not put much effort in to meeting someone lol
Old 27th May 2014, 04:56
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

yuppie.
despite massive progress with SA, I just can't find the interest in meeting someone. Dating is really hard work when your main interests appear on the least interested list of women.