SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th December 2016, 16:19

Mood
Pensive

Default medication not working for depression

Is there any way of curing negativy or depression and anxiety with out taking medication from the doctors as ive tried everything and they don't work. Im getting to the end of my teather now waking up everyday wishing I could dissappear I dont know what else to do.
Old 15th December 2016, 20:20

Mood
Worried

Default Re: medication not working for depression

What is "everything" that you've tried?

There was a programme on TV recently where a Dr (one of the Van Tulleken twins, if you know them) was trying to get patients off medication by giving them alternative treatments. He had some success with cold water swimming for a woman who had been depressed for years.
Old 15th December 2016, 20:25

I found them to work really well at first and now they seem to make me a bit irritable and I still feel depressed. I still think I'm better on them than off though.
Old 15th December 2016, 23:04

Mood
Fine

Watch this which might lead you to seek natural cures https://youtu.be/ARZ2Wv2BoFs
Old 15th December 2016, 23:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat999
Watch this which might lead you to seek natural cures https://youtu.be/ARZ2Wv2BoFs
I love that link.

That's an American saying that!!!
Old 17th December 2016, 01:35

Mood
Psychedelic

I tried a gratitude journal once and it really did make a difference to my mood. Only kept it up for about 3 days though. I guess I'm not motivated enough to be happy.
Old 19th December 2016, 13:34

The only medication that has worked for me in the past was Fluoxetine. It took a good few weeks to kick-in but it did improve my mood by around 50-60%. It didn't change my chronic luck or the rubbish that usually goes on around me that causes me most of my problems, but it certainly made me feel more care-free about them.

I was on it three times during my 20's but sadly for not for longer than a six month period. My doctor wouldn't allow me, so I was taken off it and then to his surprise my symptoms returned within a matter of weeks.

At the moment I really do need another course of them because I’ve not felt as low as I do now for around five, maybe six years… Sadly, I know if I went back to my GP, all he'd do was chuck the same old CBT leaflet in my lap, tell me I need to do all the legwork and send me on my way again. Sadly, CBT doesn't work for me. It just highlighted the very reasons which explain why I am the way I am. It's not my fears I need to face. I already face them. Daily. It's getting me away from them or around them in a way I can get more understanding/fairness from society is what will genuinely help me.