SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 21st July 2012, 00:06

Mood
Spaced

Default so alone

this really is not an anxiety thing more of a outher thing but this is the only forum i post of

just feeling so alone ring now was ment to be going to see my step mum and dad this weekend but not now as my stem said she can not get me i feel so abandon and alone in this world not seen any 1 forover aweek only people that help me from the local mental health place

i hate feeling so empty and alone i just want to be loved
Old 21st July 2012, 00:58

Mood
Shoveit

Default Re: so alone

^^ +1.

If you want, feel free to email me using the MSN address shown in my profile. I might not get back to you straight away, but I will do within a day or two.
Old 21st July 2012, 01:22

Mood
Balanced

I'm sorry you're feeling so alone... are you able to talk to your Stepmum and Dad about how you're really feeling right now? I don't know your circumstances and this might not be an option, but sometimes those around us don't know we're feeling as bad as we are, even if we think they should!

I hope you find these forums are of comfort, I know they are for me.
Old 21st July 2012, 10:10

This is good advice, Brutalness - if you stay inside too long it gets more difficult to go out.

Sorry you can't see your step-parents this week, can you arrange another visit? Keep posting here, you are not alone here.
Old 21st July 2012, 10:56

Mood
Asleep

B,

Do go for a walk...it's the best advice. It doesn't matter if you don't talk to anyone, just the physical act of walking gets the heart pumping, releases endorphins (our bodies natural happy drug) which lifts the mood. You will feel better.

Walking is man’s best medicine,’ said Ancient Greek physician Hippocrates...he knew what he was on.

Old 21st July 2012, 14:23

I'd come visit you if I lived near enough I would love company today as well, can you phone people? I would offer to ring you but TBH I'm not very confident about that myself, if you'd like though- I will. Could you try ringing the Samaritans? They will always listen, at least it's someone.

Hopefully you will get to see your family very soon. I'll be thinking of you.

We are always here for you, do the mental health services have a befriending or counselling service? There must be some interaction they can offer you one-to-one or as a group.
Old 21st July 2012, 16:40

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion10
I'd come visit you if I lived near enough I would love company today as well, .
awww thats reall sweet

not really just feel totaly alone confused and epmty
Old 21st July 2012, 16:56
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Chance Undies
B,

Do go for a walk...it's the best advice. It doesn't matter if you don't talk to anyone, just the physical act of walking gets the heart pumping, releases endorphins (our bodies natural happy drug) which lifts the mood. You will feel better.

Walking is man***8217;s best medicine,***8217; said Ancient Greek physician Hippocrates...he knew what he was on.

True, i went to the library today and walked there and back and i actually feel a bit better and stronger with reduced SA levels. However i would like to do something more fun than walking. I've been staying at home too much that life is like a routine with nothing new to see.

I also realised the reason i feel really shy around ppl is cause i don't expect them to be nce to me and it's been a long time since i chilled out and just enjoyed the outside instead of worrying what others think. But i don't expect myself to overcome SA.
Old 21st July 2012, 17:06

Mood
Spaced

to all the people that say go for a walk it will help i know u guys are just trying to help and i am thankfull for that but being outside really make my Anxiety lvls go through the roof i find it way to hard to go out by myself
Old 21st July 2012, 17:28
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutalness
to all the people that say go for a walk it will help i know u guys are just trying to help and i am thankfull for that but being outside really make my Anxiety lvls go through the roof i find it way to hard to go out by myself
True say that happens to me as well when i go out cause i think ppl are judging me, even though that is silly, however when ive been out for a long time they go away. I think it depends where i go cause college doesn't help my anxiety levels go away it makes them higher sometimes but not to my highest point when it becomes scary to go out. However if i go to buy something i want or just to enjoy the outside my anxiety levels go down. But then the road to overcoming SA is probably long since we have lived with the feeling of SA for a long time.
Old 22nd July 2012, 08:47

Mood
Asleep

Quote:
I understand that B, agoraphobia is one of my issues that I have to keep in check. I've had to work hard to get through those phases. One of the people who I depended on at those times was my mother who is no longer here.

My point is that people won't always be there to help you. You have to accept that sooner or later you will need to be able to do this alone if you are to live a life outside the four walls.

My advice to you is that no matter how bad you feel, even if your anxiety levels are a 9/10, put your coat on and walk outside, even if it's to the end of the street and back. Yes, you will feel anxious. Yes, the feelings will threaten to overwhelm you BUT you will benefit from it. FACT. When you close the door again, you will feel a sense of accomplishment that you were able to get that far and next time you will be able to go a little further until you can go where you like. It's a slow process but it's achievable. Telling yourself that you feel too bad or you need someone with you in order to do it will keep you where you are.

Self pity is fine as long as it's transitory and leads to determination to change your circumstance. Prolonged self pity serves ONLY to keep you where you are. A lot of people feel sorry for themselves on here. It's a feeling that I know well. But when you understand that there are people in the world who have the same life experiences but respond differently, you know that we choose our path.

I know that when I was at my worst, people said these things to me and I felt that they 'didn't understand my situation'. There were a lot of 'yes, but'...in my responses. They irritated me. They didn't have a bloody clue.

But they did, because the people who were saying these things to me were the ones who had come through it themselves.

Instead of saying, thanks guys but you don't understand. Why don't you try it?

You could surprise yourself by posting back on here that you made it to the end of the street and we will go wild for yer with the congratulations.
Old 22nd July 2012, 13:32

Mood
Torn

Feeling any better. A good walk, especially on this great sunshine, might help move the natural an-depressants and make you feel better. I know only too well about emptyness and being alone. But you seem to have lots of people that care for you on here and another weekend with your sm and father will probably come up.

Move those limbs.

Old 22nd July 2012, 14:12

Mood
Spaced

i am sorry if my larst post came across as a bit c**ty did not meen it in that way

and as how i feel its up and down now
Old 23rd July 2012, 00:18

Hello Brutalness - was wondering how you were? Getting stuck in that alone feeling is horrible; I get that but what some people posted a while ago to me when I was feeling very scared was helpful - its sort of similar to what some have said to you - to try and do something even when you feel so awful. Even if it is standing outside your front door and taking some deep breathes. Found the Samaritans really helpful too when I felt desperate - especially when the alone feeling gets so strong and overwhelming. Wish you all the best.
Old 23rd July 2012, 15:06

Mood
Asleep

Hope you are feeling a bit better today B.
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:32

I understand how you feel Brute, the feeling is horrible and its unrelenting.

However, Last chance undies is right on the mark. You have to take that small step its the only way to get better, Christ I'd come for a walk with ya if you were near by.

The ones who care for us wont always be around, try and make that step now. Days like yesterday and today arnt really the best days because there's a lot of people around with the weather and initially heat tends to aggravate anxiety.

You can do it!
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:00

Mood
Spaced

lets clear this up a bit

i have been taking steps to try and get better but some time i do full back its like 1 step forward and 2 steps back (some time the i have to redo the 1st steps) they are some time i do go out when in the right mind (ok its like 4-5 am) it only 2 the shop like 5 mins away

went shopping 4 the 1st time in 2 years about 4 days ago (ok i did not larst to long but i am trying and had a sport worker with me)

and to day its been mixed with anger and a depressed feelings its just a roller coaster with me it feels like
Old 24th July 2012, 08:56

Mood
Asleep

Quote:
lets clear this up a bit

i have been taking steps to try and get better but some time i do full back its like 1 step forward and 2 steps back (some time the i have to redo the 1st steps) they are some time i do go out when in the right mind (ok its like 4-5 am) it only 2 the shop like 5 mins away

went shopping 4 the 1st time in 2 years about 4 days ago (ok i did not larst to long but i am trying and had a sport worker with me)

and to day its been mixed with anger and a depressed feelings its just a roller coaster with me it feels like
Of course you are going to take a step forward and two steps back B. It happens to us all but you know that you can get to where you were again because you've already BEEN THERE and you survived. A set back isn't a fail B. Babies will fall over many times before they can walk with confidence but the falling doesn't stop them from trying. They try, try and try again and it never occurs to them that they are failing because they don't have the concept of failure to tell themselves so. There is no failure.

Use some of the power of the anger in your thoughts to keep propelling yourself through the door. Tell yourself only one thing ' I'm going to do this' and don't think about anything else. You feel angry? Ok you feel angry but you're still going to do this. You feel depressed? Ok but feeling depressed but it isn't going to stop you from doing this.

I take my depression out walkies with me because it's like a child. Give it something else to focus on and it quietens down.

I know you are in a difficult place and it's easy for me to say things on here. I'm not living your life and I can only go by what you write but the bottom line with recovery from mental illness is always the same. You have to give the mind something else to think about. Break the circle of your negative thoughts even for five minutes, because five will become ten and ten will become fifteen and so on and so on. Don't give up on yourself and tell yourself that you are beyond help. You're not beyond help. But you have to try. You have to do something that takes a bit of courage and you have that courage within you. I believe that we all do.

People care about you on here and don't think that it's false because it's on the internet. I have a friend who cares about me very much and I her but we've never actually met. So don't think that someone has to be there in person to care.

I know the 'roller coaster' feeling well but it's like going on the big rides at the theme parks, it aint so bad if you go with it as opposed to bracing yourself against it...by this I mean, accept how you feel but let the feelings wash over you.

Hope today finds you feeling a little better.
Old 24th July 2012, 10:21

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Chance Undies
Of course you are going to take a step forward and two steps back B. It happens to us all but you know that you can get to where you were again because you've already BEEN THERE and you survived. A set back isn't a fail B. Babies will fall over many times before they can walk with confidence but the falling doesn't stop them from trying. They try, try and try again and it never occurs to them that they are failing because they don't have the concept of failure to tell themselves so. There is no failure.

Use some of the power of the anger in your thoughts to keep propelling yourself through the door. Tell yourself only one thing ' I'm going to do this' and don't think about anything else. You feel angry? Ok you feel angry but you're still going to do this. You feel depressed? Ok but feeling depressed but it isn't going to stop you from doing this.

I take my depression out walkies with me because it's like a child. Give it something else to focus on and it quietens down.

I know you are in a difficult place and it's easy for me to say things on here. I'm not living your life and I can only go by what you write but the bottom line with recovery from mental illness is always the same. You have to give the mind something else to think about. Break the circle of your negative thoughts even for five minutes, because five will become ten and ten will become fifteen and so on and so on. Don't give up on yourself and tell yourself that you are beyond help. You're not beyond help. But you have to try. You have to do something that takes a bit of courage and you have that courage within you. I believe that we all do.

People care about you on here and don't think that it's false because it's on the internet. I have a friend who cares about me very much and I her but we've never actually met. So don't think that someone has to be there in person to care.

I know the 'roller coaster' feeling well but it's like going on the big rides at the theme parks, it aint so bad if you go with it as opposed to bracing yourself against it...by this I mean, accept how you feel but let the feelings wash over you.

Hope today finds you feeling a little better.

i will always keep trying till i am there (no matter how long it takes and ya not feeling so bad to day yayz for up days
Old 24th July 2012, 11:00

Mood
Asleep

Quote:
i will always keep trying till i am there (no matter how long it takes)
Quote of the day and it's made mine to read it

Good on yer B

Quote:
and ya not feeling so bad to day yayz for up days
Sincerely glad to hear that.