SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 10th October 2006, 20:17

Mood
Spaced

Default What is the most expensive item of clothing you have ever purchased?

I spent 65 quid on a jacket today, which is unusual for me. I'm starting to feel a bit guilty about it now, so I'm hoping some of you will ease my conscience.
Old 10th October 2006, 20:20

Mood
Dreaming

Default Re: What is the most expensive item of clothing you have ever purchased?

I'm not sure. I've spent £45 on jeans before. Not sure if I've spent more. Although I have on coats, boots, trainers, etc.
I think it just depends on how much money you have and if it will affect you greatly. I can afford clothes which cost a bit, but I wouldn't want to waste money on them because I'd feel guilty (don't know why I feel so guilty about spending money though!).
Old 10th October 2006, 20:21
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: What is the most expensive item of clothing you have ever purchased?

£200 on an Armani jacket and £120 on some Nike trainers. Not both at once, mind you.
Old 10th October 2006, 20:35

Mood
Lucky

£65 isn't that much to spend on a coat, one is allowed to treat oneself at times. I've forgotten what the most I've spent is, but it's not that much, probably about £40+ on a few occasions. I tend to look around for 'cheap expensive stuff', though.
Old 10th October 2006, 21:39

Mood
Pensive

Probably £50 on a coat but that was with other people's money (present).
I usually shop in sales and charity shops. I spent £20 on a pair of sandals in the summer which I thought was very extravagant.
Old 10th October 2006, 22:01

Mood
Crappy

£145 on a posh suit and shoes. Today, not my money though, muwhahaha
Old 10th October 2006, 22:03

Mood
Worried

Sounds sad but probably 30.00 on two band tshirts from backstreetmerch.com (dont recommend them much though - very slow service!).
I don't spend a lot on clothes as i'm quite overweight and think i need some motivation to slim down..
I tend to spend more on trainers.. Not counting the ones i have right now (a tenner!)
Old 10th October 2006, 23:43

£110 on my good brown winter coat last year in Marks. I have a terrible job finding long winter coats to flatter my figure that I can afford and this fitted the bill nicely. And it has cashmere in it.
Old 11th October 2006, 04:33
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

I guess it must have been for a coat. Chimpy bought me some shoes for £70 at xmas, which was a lot.

ren
Old 11th October 2006, 10:17

£265 on a 3/4 lenghth leather jacket in the sales thats only been worn 3 times:embarass:
Old 11th October 2006, 12:23

Mood
Thinking

£65 is not too much to spend on a jacket, but I know what you mean about the feeling guilty after a large spend!

I spent £100 on a long furry coat a couple of years ago from River Island which I liked for about 2 months and then got really fed up with it because it was too big and annoying.

About 5 years ago I spent £60 on a cute o`neill jumper from a catalogue but I hardly ever wore it cos it shrunk in the wash I felt quite guilty about that but still have it and think its cute.

The worst thing I ever bought was a D&G denim studded skirt for £60 it was awful but I sold it on ebay for about £30 and I spent £50 on a vintage DKNY denim skirt but have worn it about 500 times so I think I got my moneys worth there
Old 11th October 2006, 14:24

Oh, I spent £110 on a black military style jacket recently. Its a style that doesn't come around too often so I got for the full price. I don't shop much though so I tend to buy stuff that will get well used; I probably spend less than most people generally.
Old 11th October 2006, 14:42

I got kitted out at a Tesco superstore the night before i went on holiday. Spent £138 which was enough to fill my suitcase(mainly pants, socks & t-shirts) and included a nice fitting jacket for £40 and trousers, shirt, tie etc. It was also a stress free enviroment as regards sa.
Old 11th October 2006, 14:57

Mood
Shoveit

£75 on Trainers. Never again
Old 11th October 2006, 15:00

hmm, about 140 for a firetrap bomber jacket, got covered in white paint so that was that
Old 11th October 2006, 15:04

£115 on a pair of trousers a few years ago. I've also got a leather jacket which I've hardly ever worn which IIRC cost almost £200.
Old 11th October 2006, 16:30

God only knows, my memory is atrocious & I spend my money with wild abandon. Probably the most recent would be my diamante anklestrap sandals - those babies cost me £250. I have worn them exactly once & probably won't do so again for a long time to come. Hmm. Kindly direct me to the nearest shopaholics anonymous.
Old 11th October 2006, 17:25

my frind spent £160 on boots once and this othergirl at my school spent over £200 on shoes
Closed Thread