Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 1st September 2013, 02:08

Mood
Confused

Default what did you do for your 30th

As I'm turning the big 30 just wanted some ideas what people do or done.
Don't want to be boring I want to have atleast one good night!!
Old 1st September 2013, 02:22

Default Re: what did you do for your 30th

I went to a gay bar, spent far too long walking around an unfamiliar town looking for a rock club, became extremely tired, went back to hotel and watched cartoons instead.

What would be your definition of a good night then?
Old 1st September 2013, 02:34

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba
I went to a gay bar, spent far too long walking around an unfamiliar town looking for a rock club, became extremely tired, went back to hotel and watched cartoons instead.

What would be your definition of a good night then?
Gay bar cartoons hotel sounds great haha
See my problem is I'm a mum so a good night for me is sleeping and a lay in so I have no idea what I want to do think I forgot how to have fun!!!
Old 1st September 2013, 03:19

I got my older brother to come home for the weekend, rarely get to spend anytime with him at all doing stuff these days (: and we spent the day in our dressing gowns playing street fighter 4, eating takeaway and watching a couple of films: was awesome.
Old 1st September 2013, 03:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveysurfy
I got my older brother to come home for the weekend, rarely get to spend anytime with him at all doing stuff these days (: and we spent the day in our dressing gowns playing street fighter 4, eating takeaway and watching a couple of films: was awesome.
That sounds like a perfect birthday!

I don't remember what I did for my 30th, but I'm sure I didn't do anything special.
Old 1st September 2013, 04:27
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

I had a lunch out at a posh hotel with my family, went back to my parents for tea.
Old 1st September 2013, 06:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K
That sounds like a perfect birthday!

I don't remember what I did for my 30th, but I'm sure I didn't do anything special.
Same for me. Oh well.

As for ideas for you: I see you are from S.Wales, blossomhill. My brother just turned 30, he went out for a meal in the early evening to some restaurant in Cardiff where they continuously serve all these weird meat dishes in weird ways throughout the evening*. By all accounts, it's quite the fun atmosphere. After that they went to a quiet pub for a few drinks, then home not too late for a night without the baby keeping them up.

*I couldn't go to the meal as it was all bloody couples, sadly. And to top it off the gits left me waiting in the pub for them for like four hours on me own :\ That was not a good night for my anxiety levels at all.
Old 1st September 2013, 06:55

^ sorry to hear that : (
To the op my advice would be to do something that you normally do for fun, bit do it with sort of bells and whistles on top, I don't believe you have to go out to have a fun and memorable celebration, its just thats what most people enjoy and choose to do.
hopefully you can have someone there with you, celebrations aren't quite as fun without a fellow human being, but if you can't you can still have a good time I believe...
Old 1st September 2013, 07:45

What you absolutely should not do is set up some huge social event, if you know you won't be able to relax and enjoy it. Better to remember your birthday as a lovely time with a couple of good friends, than as an unbearable night surrounded by people who make you feel weird, pretending to have fun doing something you hate.
Old 1st September 2013, 08:04

I just went out for a meal,I don't remember doing anythng unusual or extra special.
Old 1st September 2013, 10:08

I went to see the steps reunion concert in Birmingham with a friend lol. Even got some of them flashing red devil horns too haha. On the actual day itself I was off work so wandered round the bullring in Birmingham on my own ate lots of junk food and then went for a meal at an Indian restaurant in the evening
Old 1st September 2013, 11:33

Does it have to be a night out? You could do one of those red letter day experiences during the day with a friend maybe? My mum got me one for my 24th birthday: I got to fly a plane for 15minutes! So fun.
Old 1st September 2013, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveysurfy
^ sorry to hear that : (
To the op my advice would be to do something that you normally do for fun, bit do it with sort of bells and whistles on top, I don't believe you have to go out to have a fun and memorable celebration, its just thats what most people enjoy and choose to do.
hopefully you can have someone there with you, celebrations aren't quite as fun without a fellow human being, but if you can't you can still have a good time I believe...
No worries, it ain't no thang.

What you did with your brother does indeed sound perfect, except i'd substitute Street Fighter 4 for Goldeneye64 and MarioKart64.
Old 1st September 2013, 18:11

Mood
Alienated

too long ago to remember so obviously was nothing special
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:04

I spent the evening of my 30th birthday doing a couple of hours of country dancing at my university's dance society followed by getting drunk with everyone in the pub afterwards. None of them knew I was 30 or even that it was my birthday (I had cunningly hidden it on Facebook well in advance) - it was just my normal Thursday night routine at the time - and that was the way I liked it.

My girlfriend at the time was aghast when I told her. "You should have done something special. You only turn 30 once, you know!". My response: "Thank god! Even once is one time too many".
Old 5th September 2013, 19:15

Mood
Balanced

I hid in the woods as the Battle of Hastings was going on at the time.
Old 5th September 2013, 19:31

I went for a meal and wandered around Nottingham with a couple of friends. It was a bit disappointing, looking back, I'd have liked a big party. But my birthday is too close to Christmas, and I don't know all that many people.
Old 5th September 2013, 20:03

Mood
Tired

Went for a pizza with my mum probably, same as most birthdays.
Old 5th September 2013, 20:57

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Little
Same for me. Oh well.

As for ideas for you: I see you are from S.Wales, blossomhill. My brother just turned 30, he went out for a meal in the early evening to some restaurant in Cardiff where they continuously serve all these weird meat dishes in weird ways throughout the evening*. By all accounts, it's quite the fun atmosphere. After that they went to a quiet pub for a few drinks, then home not too late for a night without the baby keeping them up.

*I couldn't go to the meal as it was all bloody couples, sadly. And to top it off the gits left me waiting in the pub for them for like four hours on me own :\ That was not a good night for my anxiety levels at all.
Viva Brazil or something like that I've heard its supposed. To be really nice but I can't do Cardiff town centre I would be so uncomfortable x
Old 5th September 2013, 20:58

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K
What you absolutely should not do is set up some huge social event, if you know you won't be able to relax and enjoy it. Better to remember your birthday as a lovely time with a couple of good friends, than as an unbearable night surrounded by people who make you feel weird, pretending to have fun doing something you hate.
Yeah I thought maybe a party then I sat here for weeks panicking over all the ppl lol x
Old 5th September 2013, 21:15

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba
Does it have to be a night out? You could do one of those red letter day experiences during the day with a friend maybe? My mum got me one for my 24th birthday: I got to fly a plane for 15minutes! So fun.
Flying a plane don't seem fun heart racing sweat coming down my face lol brave so brave lol but yeah a race car would be good!
Old 5th September 2013, 21:17

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercat
I spent the evening of my 30th birthday doing a couple of hours of country dancing at my university's dance society followed by getting drunk with everyone in the pub afterwards. None of them knew I was 30 or even that it was my birthday (I had cunningly hidden it on Facebook well in advance) - it was just my normal Thursday night routine at the time - and that was the way I liked it.

My girlfriend at the time was aghast when I told her. "You should have done something special. You only turn 30 once, you know!". My response: "Thank god! Even once is one time too many".
Haha I'm quite excited to turn 30 after 8 months of dreading the big 30
Old 5th September 2013, 21:18

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomyDarko
I got taken to a strip club and had a private dance bought for me... all very tacky Can't believe that was six years ago!!
Mmmm sure the fellas would love to see me there getting a lap dance I should get paid for that LOL
Old 5th September 2013, 21:20

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana
I went for a meal and wandered around Nottingham with a couple of friends. It was a bit disappointing, looking back, I'd have liked a big party. But my birthday is too close to Christmas, and I don't know all that many people.
I didn't want to do anything at first but then I thought back to how I regret not doing anything special for my 18th or 21st so I'm going to try my 30th!!
Old 5th September 2013, 22:19

Exactly, blossomhill! My 18th and 21st were rubbish, my 30th slightly better, so I'm now holding out for 40th.
Old 5th September 2013, 22:22

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Exactly, blossomhill! My 18th and 21st were rubbish, my 30th slightly better, so I'm now holding out for 40th.
Ohhh that's a Scarey one lol yeah my 18 had a takeaway my 21st I did go out but sa got the better of me. What u thinking for you 40th then?
Old 6th September 2013, 00:13

I'd ideally like to get a load of people together and go out and see a band. Need to find the people first, though...
Old 6th September 2013, 22:30

Mood
Confused

Quote:
I'd ideally like to get a load of people together and go out and see a band. Need to find the people first, though...
Should invite everyone on here be enough people then!
Old 6th September 2013, 23:49

i think i had a kebab on a park bench in a cemetery.
Old 6th September 2013, 23:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomhill
Should invite everyone on here be enough people then!
Good plan!