SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 8th May 2018, 02:06

Default Do you experience toilet anxiety or fear of incontinence?

Hello SAUK Community,

My name is Kenley and I am a PhD student studying Psychology at Swinburne University in Australia.

I am currently researching toilet anxiety (the difficulty or inability to use public restrooms) and bladder and bowel incontinence phobia (the overwhelming fear of incontinence in public). Despite toilet anxiety affecting 1 in 15 adults and 21% of the population experiencing anxiety regarding bladder and bowel incontinence, limited study has been conducted on the above conditions.

If any of you are interested in partaking in this research, please see below for a link where you can participate.

This is a questionnaire based study where you are asked about common (yet uncomfortable) experiences that individuals sometimes have in public toilets and in social situations in general. These questions are asked to you in the form of an anonymous questionnaire website that you can answer from the privacy of your own home. The study involves completing an online questionnaire which should take approximately 60 minutes to complete.

Before starting the study, you will be shown an information page which outlines what the project is about, what participation will involve and participant rights and interests. Please be assured that your responses are anonymous and fully confidential, and that you have the right to withdraw from the study at any time.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
Kenley

Study Link: https://tinyurl.com/yd5bztj4