SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 28th December 2014, 22:48

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (29)

^^
Old 28th December 2014, 23:05

Mood
Tired

^^^
Old 29th December 2014, 08:33

Feck me, it's cold Many of dem parcels today, although not on a pre-xmas scale, it's enough.

Unrelated to that, i'm feeling a bit depressed. Looking forward to getting on with January (and cannot wait for spring to get here!).
Old 29th December 2014, 09:41

Mood
Brooding

Feeling distinctly unmotivated this morning. Got as far as the sofa and an episode or two of Supernatural. I have made a list of things to do, but whether they'll get done is another story. And its freezing *shiver*
Old 29th December 2014, 10:45

^
Old 29th December 2014, 13:29

I'm feeling good. I have been stuck in my flat for 2 days now though so I definitely need to get out tomorrow. Leaving for three minutes today to take the rubbish out doesn't really count.
Old 29th December 2014, 14:03
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Shaky. Forced myself to town. Didn't think it would be so busy though. Even the bank que was out the door.
Old 29th December 2014, 14:24
Global Moderator

^ Go for a walk? Maybe stop at that pub for some faggots or something? Seriously though, I woke up crabby today due to too much time indoors and a little breeze out did help a little. Hope you're ok
Old 29th December 2014, 14:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distance
I've just spent half an hour cleaning the inside of my car, and am having the same thought. Reckon I need to at least make it off the driveway before I can legitimately claim not to stayed in all day!
I'm not venturing as far as my car, it's too cold

At least to the end of the street, I'd say. Me going down two flights of stairs and outside to the communal bin and recycling area just doesn't count (as exciting as it sounds! )
Old 29th December 2014, 15:20

^ I can beat you all. Haven't left my flat since Christmas Day, not even to take the mountain of rubbish out to the bins.

I've just lost all motivation to do anything and been depressed to the point of having thoughts of ending it all as I've had no one to talk to for days and it's unbearable. Tried sending messages to people but got no replies from any of them which tells me all I need to know. Nothing more pathetic than spending days staring at your phone waiting for messages that never come. Anyway, I guess you get what you deserve. I must be pretty bad to be rejected by everyone!

Has anyone here ever phoned someone like the Samaritans? I just want to talk to someone. I know it's pathetic.

Anyway sorry for the rant. I know I've not regularly contributed to this forum so feel free to ignore me as I don't want to depress you all. Trust me, I've not always been this bad but I've messed it all up and now have no one.

Anyway does anyone know if Luna is ok? I was concerned by the recent posts. Seems like a nice person going through a tough time. Hope all is ok.
Old 29th December 2014, 15:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Young Man
Has anyone here ever phoned someone like the Samaritans?
Yes, a number of times. They were brilliant when I really had some stuff I needed to talk about. I also went to see them a few times. Great if you just need someone to talk to.
It's a difficult time of year, hope you feel better soon.
Old 29th December 2014, 15:37

Just got home from a walk to Tesco, had a coffee at Nero's and a short chat with a local regular. Now I'm feeling unusually contented and relaxed, just hope it lasts, after xmas alone I was very down but today feeling fuzzy and warm, watching some old film on TV.
Old 29th December 2014, 16:28

Cold!.... Need to get warmed up
Old 29th December 2014, 17:04

Quote:
Well fate intervened in the form of my elderly neighbour asking if I could get her some bread, milk and frozen meat*. Obviously I'd normally have just laughed, slammed the door in her face and let her starve, but I figured as I was looking for an excuse to go out anyway I nipped to Morrisons and back (in my slightly cleaner than usual car). I figure that's enough excitement for one day, so am now back home in the warm with a coffee

*My one gran sometimes does this too - she'll write "meat" on a shopping list, and if you ask for specifics will clarify with "Anything, just so I know I've got it in". I wonder if it's a wartime thing? Anyway, for those left in suspense: I went for "beef grills" which may or may not be the same as beefburgers, but are apparently not part of the same meat family as Bear Grylls.
I'm assuming the part I put in bold was a joke because either way it did make me chuckle. At least I've found someone else that shops in Morrisons and well done for getting out

Beef grills are more likely to have horse in them than bear right?
Old 29th December 2014, 17:10

Mood
Crappy

Tired.Having bouts of insomnia again.Can't help taking my thoughts to bed with me even though am trying to distract myself with reading,meditation.

A bit depressed again also.Surrounded by heavy drinkers.Not my thing.Not one of them.Notgoing to become one either.Don't know anybody else that does'nt drink or do drugs.Alienated because of this.
Old 29th December 2014, 20:02

Sick. Sick of it all (again).

Living with my Dad does not work, at all. He really gets on my nerves and i can only take him in small doses. The dynamic is - and always will be - that he is the fountain of all knowledge and the king of the castle. It's extremely wearing.

Need my own space so badly, but it's not gonna happen any time soon. I knew these winter months would be horrid, and it's so ****ing cold right now. He won't be back to work until the 5th .. it's too long. He made an 8hr round trip to his parents (Boxing day) and stayed with them just two nights, yet he has nothing planned for this whole week .... so ****ing irritating!

.. I might start doing the lottery
Old 29th December 2014, 20:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progress
Yes, a number of times. They were brilliant when I really had some stuff I needed to talk about. I also went to see them a few times. Great if you just need someone to talk to.
It's a difficult time of year, hope you feel better soon.
Thank you. Hope you're all ok now. Even through I'm nervous about it, I think I'll have to give them a try as I can only see one way of escaping it all just now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna.
I'm alright thanks well, getting by at least. Was back at work today so life just goes on I guess! Thanks for asking

Sorry you're struggling at the moment. You know you can always talk to people on here about how you're feeling. Its not pathetic just to want someone to talk to. Hope you feel better soon
Thanks Luna. Glad to hear that you're a bit better today. Does work help? I find that even though it stresses me and I don't enjoy it, work makes me feel a bit better. I feel like I have some sort of use.

I've just slept through the afternoon, woke up and checked my phone in the hope that someone got in touch with me. Even though it should be no surprise, it still gets to me that no one did. It'd be nice if someone cared but oh well. Maybe I'm just too boring and weird.

Anyway, I'd better not rant on about it all here as no one likes someone who can't get their act together and I've already humiliated myself in public enough for one lifetime.
Old 29th December 2014, 22:20

I'm drunk, but back home from the pub. I feel a strong urge to go dancing to cheesy music somewhere. Wish I could just do that.
Old 29th December 2014, 23:30

Quote:
Well if it wasn't a joke that makes you evil too for laughing
Indeed it does I'm not going to argue with that
Old 30th December 2014, 00:54

Quote:
I think it helps in that its a reason to get out of bed in the morning and it forces me to talk to people and try and be as normal as possible even when I don't feel like it. If I didn't work I'd probably never leave the house.
Ditto. I could've probably said that word for word.

Quote:
I know how it feels when nobody gets in touch and it seems like nobody cares, its not nice. Maybe try using the forum more, its not exactly a solution to the problem but it can help you feel less alone. You're allowed to rant if it helps, there's even a thread dedicated to ranting in the basement
It's not just that no one gets in touch. I've sent messages asking how they are etc., I can see that they've read them but have chosen to ignore them and not to reply. Makes me wonder what I've done wrong. Ah well, guess I'd better get over to the rants thread

Thanks again for listening to my nonsense.
Old 30th December 2014, 14:18

Old 30th December 2014, 14:38
Global Moderator

^ Feel better soon the both of you

After yesterday's miserableness I managed to cheer up in the evening with the unlikely combination of Father Dowling and Austrian wine. Feeling more cheerful today. Freekin' freezing, but more cheerful.
Old 30th December 2014, 15:40
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
I'm 36 and still get criticism/knocked back for the slightest thing from my father (he used to come round my flat and point out things that were supposedly 'wrong').
Some people are wired to put others down. Makes them feel better/superior I suppose.
Old 30th December 2014, 16:44

Mood
Lonely

Did anyone else feel nervous, posting when they were new? I do!
Old 30th December 2014, 16:51

I didn't post properly until 3 months after joining (on my first account) so you're not the only one no.
Old 30th December 2014, 16:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplesxo
I'm pretty sure we all did Don't worry though, it'll get easier.
Old 30th December 2014, 16:53

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof
Fed up of being made to feel like a kid by family, criticising most things I do . It's never 'well done' for this or 'good for you' for that.
Why can't people just be nice .
Anyone else get this?
I've had it all my life from my mum, nothing I do is ever good enough. She always points out something she would have done better/different.

Quote:
Yes, I was terrified at first and it took a while before I could actually press send.
I still feel nervous about it sometimes.
Old 30th December 2014, 16:54
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Lol I still dither and it probably shows.

There's a good bunch of peeps on here tho.
Old 30th December 2014, 16:57

Mood
Lonely

Phew! Glad I'm not the only one. I've been writing out sentences, then deleting them for ages!
Old 30th December 2014, 17:36

Mood
Tired

Yeah, it does become easier over time. Pretty much life real life human interaction, which I am slowly working on at the moment.
Closed Thread