SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 31st July 2011, 18:51

Mood
Musical

Default Fun

Iv forgotten how to have fun.
I'm so consumed by the way I feel (Horrible) and the paranoid negative self talk, that I just don't know what to say or do to have fun.
Everywhere I look, I see people just having fun in each others company, but I have no idea how to do it!?

A seed has been planted in my brain and its now consumed my every move and thought. I, 100% believe that the things I say are unfunny and completely alien to what people would be chatting about if I weren't there...

Does anybody else feel this way?
Old 31st July 2011, 19:22

Mood
Gloomy

Default Re: Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern
Iv forgotten how to have fun.
Everywhere I look, I see people just having fun in each others company, but I have no idea how to do it!?
I know what you mean....but I do have fun with my children!
Not quite the same thing as actually 'socializing' with others. I see people having fun all the time too.....
I can't even have simple fun, like chats and coffee with friends...window shopping with a mate...going for a pub lunch with others etc....let alone anything more adventurous. And even if it was in front of me, I'd be too anxious to enjoy and participate!!

I've been missing friendship alot lately...........
Old 31st July 2011, 19:29

Mood
Musical

Oh yes, I can have lot of fun with my nephew... Because he doesn't judge or even know about socializing, being three years old and all that...

How lovely it would be to do all of that, SJ!? Sounds so simple and normal, but yet we find it so difficult... Aaaaaaaaah!

I too miss friendship, but the negative thoughts and anxiety just hold me back, its so sad.
Do you have friendships you could pursue?
Old 31st July 2011, 20:31

Mood
Gloomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern
Oh yes, I can have lot of fun with my nephew... Because he doesn't judge or even know about socializing, being three years old and all that...

How lovely it would be to do all of that, SJ!? Sounds so simple and normal, but yet we find it so difficult... Aaaaaaaaah!

I too miss friendship, but the negative thoughts and anxiety just hold me back, its so sad.
Do you have friendships you could pursue?
I did try about 18m ago. Went out a few times with an old friend I reconnected with via facebook. Long story, but it went a bit ***s up. Even the messaging has stopped. Thats about it. Woe is me!
Closed Thread