SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 31st July 2011, 23:59

Default Bursts of Rage

Does anyone else have the odd episode of anger and rage?

I had a moment of such a few days ago. I had had a couple of beers, spilt a drink on the floor (no bother.. wood flooring), picked the glass up and skidded it across the kitchen work-surface (quite casually i thought) .. only it toppled over and smashed. That was the catalyst for me and i grabbed a tea cup (nearest thing) and threw it, randomly against the side wall. I was upset because i lost a online game of fifa... ... it was dissapointing but the spillage and the glass breaking sent me over the top and i reacted quite violently. I was gonna take it further and punch a door. I even considered slashing my wrist with the shards of the broken glass (this was all running through my mind very quickly) but all the while there was a semi-reasonable mind that saw over all this and decided to clean the mess and carry on as if nothing had happened.

I've had a few episodes. What always miffs me is i feel great during them.

I've often thought that i have a repressed anger and that such outbursts are healthy but the feeling is out of character and makes me think that i don't know myself that well.

Do i need anger management?? I'm always avoiding conflict.. is this because i'm a hot head?
Old 1st August 2011, 00:30

Default Re: Bursts of Rage

its the heat that makes me angry! its meant to be cold in Scotland ffs!!
its after midnight and im still to fkn hot.
and dvd players that dont do what i tell it to do, and cd players and loads of other shit
Old 1st August 2011, 00:40

Hahahahahha... dvd player?? I'm pretty cool with things like that. If something doesn't work i look at it logically and if it still don't work, so be it.

It's when things add up that gets me. Spilt drink + Fifa loss + Glass breakage (one of my pint stella glasses too!) = Rage.
Old 1st August 2011, 05:37

Mood
Insomnious

I know exactly how you feel Rocket Spud, I also feel like I could explode temper wise at any moment. Trouble is I don't suffer fools and there seems to be far too many fools around me and at work.
Old 1st August 2011, 09:11

yes, but only on my own. It's quite embarassing. I play a game of chess and get too competitive I think. It's quite an aggressive game, unless you're playing a friend or so.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:44

yeah i do get episodes of rage pretty frequently. its not really a coincidence that people who aren't that confident in public can be pretty angry souls too: repressed anger is an obvious explanation.
Old 1st August 2011, 13:27

Pretty much anything competitive makes me rage.
Closed Thread