SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 1st August 2011, 20:38

Default Lack of motivation

Ive found recently that ive had a lack of motivation, for almost anything from not being bothered to go out and do stuff to sometimes not being bothered to read something that was a few too many lines for my liking.

But most annoyingly i dont want to do things that i enjoyed a few months ago, eg. doing design and photography work. All i do is sit in front of the tv or computer not doing much.

I dont even feel that down or depressed, its definitely been worse before so does anyone have any ideas on how i could get motivated again?
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:17

Default Re: Lack of motivation

I'm feeling really apathetic too. It feels like my anxiety has worn me down over such a long time that I'm just feeling this sort of dull acceptance for the way things are and not motivated to change at the moment. I think maybe most people go through these periods and then maybe something will happen to spark an interest in life again or maybe when the pain gets too unbearable that will provide the motivation to do something about it. Or we could try and be more proactive about things and maybe try imagining how we would really like to be and how we would like our life to be, set some specific goals and get off our butts and try and work towards them.
Closed Thread