SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 13th June 2023, 08:52

Default Which celebrities have you spotted?

Just wondering if you've ever seen anyone famous wandering the streets, maybe where you live or just out and about? I don't mean at a gig or somewhere you'd expect to see them.
I saw Brian Blessed in Marks and Spencers looking for sandwiches once. Also Chris Morris, in the same store, but not at the same time.
Old 13th June 2023, 09:00

Mood
Breezy

Default Re: Which celebrities have you spotted?

The thalidomide actor Matt Fraser in the centre of London and Noel Fielding in Camden.
Old 13th June 2023, 09:28

I've seen Gareth Bale, Tessa Sanderson, Tom Daley and Kano in my local tesco. Not at the same time. Kano was hovering around the hummus section for ages. What a gangster.

I once saw Amy Winehouse walking down the street in Soho, this was before she looked like a malnourished zombie.

I also saw Richard Madden at Mile End station 3 days in a row on my commute to work.
Old 13th June 2023, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wham Bam Thank You Jam

this was before she looked like a malnourished zombie.
Eating disorder + mental health issues.
No need to mock someone's appearance eh.
Old 13th June 2023, 11:09

Mood
Cynical

John Snow (the news reader) and Katie Tunstall both came into the charity shop I used to volunteer in.
Old 13th June 2023, 12:42

Mood
Sad

Ruby Wax in my local gin bar.
Stuart Cable from Stereophonics in a local pub.
Nick Knowles in a local restaurant.
Old 13th June 2023, 13:09

That Irish comedian who looks like despicable me, I saw him at Chessington World of adventures.
Old 13th June 2023, 13:27

I met John Pertwee in the 1980s. At least I think It was Jon Pertwee. It was definitely Worzel Gummidge anyway. Where he was doing some promotional work for a bank. Or it might have been a building society. Where Jon was sitting on a bale of hay. I also remember him having a quick ciggie before I had a photo taken with him. But unfortunately I can't find the photo.

And this part might not be 100% accurate. What with it being a long time ago. But when my Dad parked his car near the bank, we saw a traffic warden had put a ticket on our front windscreen. Now don't get me wrong, rules need to be enforced. But why couldn't this traffic warden just put the ticket somewhere else on the car. At the back of the car, maybe? Where it's a bit more discreet. I also remember this traffic warden had an uncanny resemblance to a well known dictator. Who by all accounts was partial to a bit of gardening. Although the name escapes me.
Old 13th June 2023, 13:32

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
John Snow (the news reader) and Katie Tunstall both came into the charity shop I used to volunteer in.
KT Tunstall? I'm jealous.
Old 13th June 2023, 13:46

Quote:
Kano was hovering around the hummus section for ages.
Reminds me of when I saw Sub-Zero checking out the samples in Allied Carpets.

I was once right behind Momus at one of his gigs (it was during the support act, I wasn't just hovering about on stage) And I saw Chris Ewen, of the Magnetic Fields, having a chat outside a Magnetic Fields concert. Those don't really count, do they.
Old 13th June 2023, 14:31

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy
KT Tunstall? I'm jealous.
Yes, she bought some scarves
Old 13th June 2023, 18:15

I saw Richard Osmond in Covent Garden and he looked at me like "you know me". I might be one of the only three people who doesn't particularly like Richard Osmond.

I went to the spa and Frank Bruno was in the sauna. Munya Chawawa was in the relaxation pool with me. Big Narstie was there too.

Seen Warwick Davis countless times.

Luke Pasqualino a bit too because I go to his grandad's restaurant.
Old 13th June 2023, 18:25

Quote:
I've seen Gareth Bale, Tessa Sanderson, Tom Daley and Kano in my local tesco. Not at the same time. Kano was hovering around the hummus section for ages. What a gangster.

I once saw Amy Winehouse walking down the street in Soho, this was before she looked like a malnourished zombie.

I also saw Richard Madden at Mile End station 3 days in a row on my commute to work.
I need to know where your local Tesco is so I can meet Kano please.

Name your price.

(Just kidding but also secretly hoping you don't think I'm just kidding.)
Old 13th June 2023, 18:47

^ from kindling to kidding biccies! Next you’ll be correcting Richard Osmond!!!

As Percival would say....

(I too can’t stand Richard Osman or that imbecilic show Pointless)
Old 13th June 2023, 18:53

^ ahahaha - damn, kindling was spotted

Sorry, Richard, if you're reading this. I can't spell for shiiiit.
Old 13th June 2023, 20:23

Mood
Lurking

I've stood behind Jack Charlton at the local fish & chip van, it's all we had at the time in the village, it was just on the next street to us.

Alan Shearer walks his dog in the local park, often see him there.

Seen Declan Donnely in our village loads of time, his mam lives here. I also have a signed publicity photo of him he signed when he was trying to make his way after Byker Grove and before PJ & Duncan took off. He was in an amateur production at the Tyne Theatre. I also had to train him on how to use a theatre spotlight has he did that for a weeks show.

Met loads of people when I worked at the theatre, Lily Savage, Jack Dee, Lee Evans, Danny La Rue, Tim Healy, Dave Johns (when he was still a bricklayer).
Old 13th June 2023, 20:54

Lewis Capaldi eating a burger in a restaurant in Heathrow airport.
Old 15th June 2023, 17:20
Co-Administrator

Mood
Nerdy

Some years back I was in London with another forum member, when we spotted Suggs walking down the Charing Cross Road on his own.

My brothers and I met Chris Packham at a wildlife event on Southampton Common, this was back when he presented The Really Wild Show and had bleached blonde hair. My little brother asked him "Is your hair environmentally friendly?" (my bro was a cheeky shit), but Chris chose not to answer

I was about 18 when I spotted Alan Davies in my local shopping centre - this was in the golden era of Jonathan Creek, which I was a massive fan of - but instead of saying hi, I shit my kecks and just stared at him and ran away

Les Dennis came to my secondary school fete in 1997. I was there playing in the school's steel band (yes I'm a megadork). He opened the fete with a little speech and later came over to compliment us on how nice the music sounded.

I also saw Janet Street Porter in Hastings! Or rather heard, her foghorn voice was the giveaway!
Old 15th June 2023, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbs
Some years back I was in London with another forum member, when we spotted Suggs walking down the Charing Cross Road on his own.
That's the first sign of Madness.
Old 15th June 2023, 19:29

^ bravo, sir

(Although I suspect some Viz comic inspiration there)
Old 15th June 2023, 21:01
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Jonathan Ross stood behind me and a friend in White City. I tried my hardest not to gawp!
We also got to spy at Holly and Phillip Schofield doing a segment on Lumberjacks? on a random bit of grass.

Pete Bennett from Big Brother in Brighton at a bus stop looking very animated.

Lots of old actors pop up at the sanctuary I volunteer at - Lisa Goddard, Sue Jameson, James Bolam...

Maggie Smith lives in a neighbouring village to me but have never spotted her yet
Old 15th June 2023, 21:26

rarely see celebrities in the South West. Think the only one I've seen might be Bobby Davro at a golf course when I was a boy.
Old 15th June 2023, 22:42

Mood
Alienated

Joanna Lumley in a pub. Well, more of a gastropub. Heard her voice before I saw her.

Sandi Toksvig standing outside a Boots in a tracksuit.

Alan Davis sitting outside a cafe.

Jeremy Clarkson by the Dumbo ride at Disneyland Paris. That’s probably the most bizarre one. He is in the background of a family photo aswell. He looked rather grumpy, as I suspect it wasn’t his natural habitat.

Harry Hill in Tesco.

One I wish I had spotted was Paul O’Grady as he lived in my part of the world, and my family have seen him a couple of times.
Old 15th June 2023, 23:27

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel
rarely see celebrities in the South West. Think the only one I've seen might be Bobby Davro at a golf course when I was a boy.
What about Josh Widdicombe?!
Old 16th June 2023, 00:25

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tembo
Joanna Lumley in a pub. Well, more of a gastropub. Heard her voice before I saw her.

Sandi Toksvig standing outside a Boots in a tracksuit.

Alan Davis sitting outside a cafe.

Jeremy Clarkson by the Dumbo ride at Disneyland Paris. That’s probably the most bizarre one. He is in the background of a family photo aswell. He looked rather grumpy, as I suspect it wasn’t his natural habitat.

Harry Hill in Tesco.

One I wish I had spotted was Paul O’Grady as he lived in my part of the world, and my family have seen him a couple of times.
I'm going through Paul O'Grady's biographies now. Very interesting.
Old 16th June 2023, 03:58

I've seen a few celebrities over the years but mainly at venues where they were signing books or photographs like the Blue Peter presenters Peter Purves and Sarah Green (showing my age here) at the National Cat show, tennis player Annabel Croft at the Ideal Home Exhibition and Rolf Harris who signed my Animal Hospital book at the local bookshop

Hmm..if you're talking about spotting celebrities going about their ordinary day to day private business then, off the top of my head, I can think of the Chef Antonio Carrlucio who was sitting with friends at the next table to mine in one of his Covent Garden restaurants tucking into a plate of posh pasta, and when my son was small I almost bumped into the snooker player Steve Davis who was walking into Toy's R Us. He was wearing a grey anorak. Oh, and when I was around 10 my mum and I would occasionally spend a Saturday minding a friends posh charity shop and one time my mum exclaimed 'Look there's Steptoe!' as the rather disappointing sight of a dapper looking gentleman wearing a cravat walked by. Another time when I was out shopping I heard a loud familiar voice and Jade Goody walked past with a bunch of girlfriends. Once I was in a book shop near Charing Cross Road and spotted David Baddiel in the sports section. Exciting or what.

Not very interesting compared to others here but, to be honest, if I was in a room packed to the gills with famous people I wouldn't know (or care) who anyone was and when I do venture out I tend to nervously scurry along with my eyes averted, so even if the Pope dressed in only his underpants walked by I'd be totally oblivious.
Old 16th June 2023, 12:56

Mood
Lonely

I was at the market a long time ago in the mid 90s, there was a man with a holdall and a crowd gathering so I wanted to see what it all about and as it turns out Gordan the Gopher was in town. I am not sure why there were so many Gordans, his holdall was full of them, but I definitly took home the real Gordan the Gopher, and so did my bro lol.
Old 16th June 2023, 13:43
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ You've reminded me. I nearly got run over by Chris Evans in Cranleigh
I've also seen him in the cake shop there.

Joey from friends though
Old 16th June 2023, 13:50

Tut, you lot go out and about too much seeing all these people off of tele. The only famous people i've seen are when i've paid to see them.

Lol, tbh it's probably for the best. My reality is fragile enough without seeing famous people up close!