SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 5th May 2014, 17:05

Default Need someone

I cant stop crying and feel so scared of the future can someone please reply to me so I don't feel so alone
Old 5th May 2014, 17:10

Default Re: Need someone

Hey,Is it something you want to talk about or just rather know your not alone? Your never truly alone as there will always be someone ready to listen but I agree sometimes it can feel like your alone with no one and that feeling of loneliness can start to feel like its constricting you if that makes sense.
Old 5th May 2014, 17:13

Hi Lookup86, I just want to feel less alone. Im so mixed up I couldn't talk anyway. Thank you for replying xx
Old 5th May 2014, 17:19

Hey no worries. I myself have been there these past few weeks. I'm a 28 year old man and I've been having days where I just keep crying. It's really hard when you're in that situation and mindset. I hope you feel better soon. You can always PM me if you want to talk
Old 5th May 2014, 17:22

Thank you, I really appreciate it xx
Old 5th May 2014, 17:36

Mood
Balanced

Ooh you do sound down in the dumps, no matter what the time of day or night there is always some one on line here, you could try keeping a diary or blog to keep you occupied, there is always the Samaritans to talk to you don't have to be suicidal to phone them, and you must speak to your GP, I am sorry there is no magic wand if there were I would be permanently zapping myself.
Old 5th May 2014, 17:41

Thank you Les.
I am going to the docs in the morning. thank you for replying xx
Old 5th May 2014, 22:09

I know the feeling all too well. Have a hug

Things always seem to work out somehow
Old 6th May 2014, 11:53

Hi Need-to-change,

My heart goes out to you because I know how scary the future can seem when you are struggling with SA and Depression and have very few, if any, people that you can turn to for support. Hopefully knowing that there are people here who can empathise with how you are feeling will help you feel just a little bit less isolated.

These days I try to take just one day at a time as looking beyond next week can feel incredibly scary let alone years ahead. And who knows, the future may turn out to be not quite as bad as we imagined

I hope that your visit to the Doctors went well today and that he/she was able to recommend something that will help you get through this particularly tough period.

Keep posting because you are not alone here

Take Care
Old 6th May 2014, 13:36

Mood
Dreaming

Hi Need-to-Change
I am so sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment
Did you manage to see the doctors and did they give any advice? I really hope you feel better soon, and we're always here if you need to talk about anything. The community here has helped me so much when I've felt down and alone before, so I hope it can help you too. Take care of yourself and have another hug
Old 6th May 2014, 15:48

Thank you Talbot, Muggins and Amber Fyre. It is so nice to know someone cares.
The doctor has increased my antidepressants and asked if I wanted to go on a waiting list for counselling.
I said yes but have had so much therapy, CBT, art therapy, hypnotism, self esteem/assertiveness/beating depression courses I don't feel there is anything I haven't already been taught about self help but I just cant get to feel any better about myself.
Thank you again for everyone who replied, it means a lot xxx
Old 6th May 2014, 17:29

Hi Need-to-Change, you're most certainly not alone on here

I think its great that you've clearly been willing to seek help in the past, like my counsellor says, its about trying out things and seeing what works for you and of course I understand how you must be feeling now having tried many different techniques and therapies, but its important not to give up on trying to change, even if it feels like nothing will ever help, persistence is the key I think, good luck and use SAUK whenever you need it for support
Old 6th May 2014, 20:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need-to-Change
Thank you Talbot, Muggins and Amber Fyre. It is so nice to know someone cares.
The doctor has increased my antidepressants and asked if I wanted to go on a waiting list for counselling.
I said yes but have had so much therapy, CBT, art therapy, hypnotism, self esteem/assertiveness/beating depression courses I don't feel there is anything I haven't already been taught about self help but I just cant get to feel any better about myself.
Thank you again for everyone who replied, it means a lot xxx
Have you been diagnosed with the type of depression that cannot be treated?
Old 7th May 2014, 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookup86
Have you been diagnosed with the type of depression that cannot be treated?
No, I keep getting the depression under control but the low self esteem and SA is always there keeping me from moving forward and leading a full life
Old 18th May 2014, 16:09

PM me if you want i feel desperately alone too with extremely low motivation and overwhelming depression and anxiety. i really struggle to get my parents to understand what i'm going through. would be good to chat with someone i can connect with and share ideas.