SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 12th May 2014, 22:57

Default Re: Type What You're Thinking About Right Now (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatus
^ That speech, his acting. Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzMunch
^ Yeah I hate her now, unless she was being forced by Cersei, but even then...

But hey, I do love Tyrion, fantastic character and fantastic actor as well. Only 4 episodes left now
Old 12th May 2014, 23:06

Oh and another thing re: GoT, I wondering what happened to Rickon Stark and Tonks (can't remember what her GoT character name is lol). I guess the problem with having so few episodes in a season and so many different storylines is that so much must be getting left out or cut out and we've barely seen anything of Mance Raydar and his crew this season either, they were going to attack Castle Black a few episodes ago, yet we've seen nothing more of them the last few episodes.
Old 13th May 2014, 20:24

Looks like Thunder storm season has started.
Old 13th May 2014, 20:40

Mood
Daring

Looking forward to Gold Rush!
Old 13th May 2014, 21:16

I really want all this election stuff to be over with. Frustrates me very much.
Old 13th May 2014, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatus
I've been reading GoT theories, and my mind has just been blown all over the place. I need to read the books. So much detail I'm missing just watching the show.
I know, I need to read the books as well; I know I'll know what's going to happen but there'll be so much more in the books anyway. Just a challenge. When you start to read the books see if you can imagine the characters not as the actor from the show. It is impossible. Many have tried. All have failed.

I'm also thinking of how great it would be if Tyrion got Oberyn to fight for him. Against the Mountain. That would be incredible.
Old 13th May 2014, 22:09

Pizza Hut's cheeseburger pizza is something that shouldn't exist. There shouldn't be half of one in the fridge for lunch tomorrow, and I certainly shouldn't have eaten the other half by myself tonight***8230; the shame!
Old 13th May 2014, 22:26

Re: GoT. Don't know whether you guys have looked at wikipedia, but I have a feeling the title for episode 8 gives it away, just a feeling (it would make sense as well), so don't think I'm spoiling anything, but if you don't want it potentially spoiled, don't go on the season 4 wikipedia page!
Old 13th May 2014, 22:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly.
Re: GoT. Don't know whether you guys have looked at wikipedia, but I have a feeling the title for episode 8 gives it away, just a feeling (it would make sense as well), so don't think I'm spoiling anything, but if you don't want it potentially spoiled, don't go on the season 4 wikipedia page!
Old 13th May 2014, 22:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzMunch
I know, I need to read the books as well; I know I'll know what's going to happen but there'll be so much more in the books anyway. Just a challenge. When you start to read the books see if you can imagine the characters not as the actor from the show. It is impossible. Many have tried. All have failed.

I'm also thinking of how great it would be if Tyrion got Oberyn to fight for him. Against the Mountain. That would be incredible.
Lol indeed, I've read the 80 page preview on google books and you're right, its impossible not to imagine them, I wonder how I would have imagined them otherwise. And I am worried about some events being spoiled in the TV show because I've read the books (for example, I'm glad I could watch the Red and Purple Weddings without any knowledge of what was going to happen). But I just think back to Harry Potter and I must say I did still really enjoy the films despite having read the books prior to watching them, so I'm hoping that reading the books won't spoil my enjoyment of the show too much. Here's the preview of the first 80 pages of the first book if you're interested and I just love getting all that background info and extra dialogue that the show simply can't fit in, cannot wait to read them

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=3...page&q&f=false
Old 13th May 2014, 22:43

^ I think the only books I've read where I had seen the film first are War of the Worlds and I am Legend and it didn't spoil it at all; it was still enjoyable because there's loads more things that are in the book that aren't in the movies. So I shouldn't let it put me off with GoT either. It's gonna be a long read, but I've managed to plough through King's The Stand before, so I'm pretty sure I can tackle anything after that

Also I don't know if you saw my response on the previous page because you started a new page with your response then ^ but I think you might find it interesting.
Old 13th May 2014, 22:48
Banned at own request

thinking i need to buy some custard to go with the rhubarb crumble i've just made. crumbles great but would be even better with some custard.
Old 13th May 2014, 23:57
Banned

Mood
Scared

^ Go on then. *nudges you*
Old 14th May 2014, 01:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
Someone, anyone, needs to make a GOT thread.
By your request, it is done
Old 14th May 2014, 10:45

Waiting at the bus stop this morning, I could clearly see a woman showering through a frosted window in a house opposite. At first I thought she was out of the shower, drying herself or something as she was so close to the window, but no, it seems as if her shower cubicle's built around the window. I could tell she used both shampoo and conditioner. With little effort I could make out her nipples. How does something like this happen? Surely she must be aware, or someone must of pointed out to her that the frosted glass isn't quite adequate to obscure someone right up against it inside. Why hasn't anyone suggested a curtain? A blind? How does stuff like this happen in the twenty-first century? And in the south too? Shocking.
Old 14th May 2014, 12:01
Banned at own request

^address and time please
Old 14th May 2014, 12:09

^ I reckon she was sixty plus, and was on the larger side. Still interested?
Old 14th May 2014, 15:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appear
Waiting at the bus stop this morning, I could clearly see a woman showering through a frosted window in a house opposite. At first I thought she was out of the shower, drying herself or something as she was so close to the window, but no, it seems as if her shower cubicle's built around the window. I could tell she used both shampoo and conditioner. With little effort I could make out her nipples. How does something like this happen? Surely she must be aware, or someone must of pointed out to her that the frosted glass isn't quite adequate to obscure someone right up against it inside. Why hasn't anyone suggested a curtain? A blind? How does stuff like this happen in the twenty-first century? And in the south too? Shocking.
What are you trying to say there

Is this a normal morning for you then?
Old 14th May 2014, 15:51

Oh my new season of Bad Girls Club started last night. Excited to watch it tonight :D

Old 14th May 2014, 16:03
Banned

Mood
Scared

^ Bloody hell, thats some right hand. Memories of Millie slapping Spennie pales into significance.
Old 14th May 2014, 16:06

^^ Tyson's still got a good right hook but he's let himself go a bit.
Old 14th May 2014, 16:29
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appear
^ I reckon she was sixty plus, and was on the larger side. Still interested?
maybe not.
Old 14th May 2014, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonlane
^ Bloody hell, thats some right hand. Memories of Millie slapping Spennie pales into significance.
There's worse fights than that gif on BGC
Old 14th May 2014, 18:59

Wish I wasn't so bad with names. If someone doesn't introduce themselves I'm not really able to ask them their name, but even if they do it takes me a while to remember it, and even if I do remember it I'm so absent minded that if someone mentions another person I might get confused and not know who they're talking about. After almost 2 weeks working at the shelter I'm only just starting to get everyone's names, there's still one person who's name I don't know, she told me her name when I first met her, but I don't remember it.
Old 14th May 2014, 19:03

Mood
Dreaming

^ I'm exactly the same. I just don't use people's names and just give them eye contact if I need to get their attention. You could ask someone else what her name is?
How is it going there anyway?
Old 14th May 2014, 20:08

^^ It would be a bit too awkward to ask someone else, especially since I should know it by now, she's there most days. I'll just have to wait for someone else to use her name.
It's really good, I'm enjoying it, apart from my feet really, really hurting with all the walking.

^ I can't really do that because then I'd have to remember the rhyme as well, and I'm not good with thinking of stuff like that. So long as I pay attention when someone mentions their name it's okay, and i'm good at remembering faces.
Old 14th May 2014, 20:11

^ You could always knock them unconscious and tattoo their name on their forehead. It's a simple solution and it's worked well for me.
Old 14th May 2014, 22:14

^ I've wondered about this as well. I guess they all meet in a smoky room, the lights dimmed, and agree about what punishment is necessary. Is there also a head mod? Like all the others mods are subordinate to this mod?
Old 14th May 2014, 22:33

^^ Be careful though, they're highly dangerous. I've known many people disrespect the mods. Their family and friends never saw them or heard from them again.
Old 14th May 2014, 22:35
Banned at own request

wonder if the mods have got a special hand shake like the masons.
Closed Thread