SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Board Management > The Garage
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a new dating section ?
Yes 21 30.00%
No 37 52.86%
Unsure 12 17.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 18th June 2008, 22:56

Default Re: Dating Section - plug the gap after the site tidy up ?

Other quote = The sub forums you mention do exist. I am under the impression that people seeking relationships are not allowed to mention the fact. Despite this, some have. I think my suggestion in post #4 sounds reasonable. Can we have some clarification on the what is/is not allowed in the Penpal and other 'contact' forums, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pAuL1974
Forgive me for quoting myself (with added emphasis), but BUMP
I bump that bump. I dont care but I just like bumping people.
Old 18th June 2008, 23:33

Moose I dont agree with a dating section btw =p I would certainly be againts it. I also wouldnt ask on the forum but ask off the forum. Theres been a few women I liked over the last 6 years but it was never.. intentional? Just friendships that emerged and that. I would never look for a relationship intentionally on a site like this =S but whatever people do is up to them.

The question I liked answered is what is allowed though. (Out of interest) Bumping the other guy/girls question, because its easy to post up a profile of yourself and make it obvious your looking for a partner but technically not 'asking' for it. It would be easy to do without making it obvious directly but yet.. obvious.

I dont know even if I want a sa woman or not but its more important who I am attracted to. Be it sa or not. My ex had sa but she wasnt from this site.. I met her even before I knew about sa actually. Long long time ago...
Old 18th June 2008, 23:50

I know I just wouldnt feel comfortable doing something like that on a sa site tbh. For myself and for others. I would hate people to feel rejected. Thats my stand on this issue. Its a bit babysitting but tbh its necessary.

If you wish to chat up girls then like try chatroom and msn etc lol.
I think thats a better place for it.. and even off the forum its very dodgy ground with sa women. I think I would prefer a non sa woman anyway. Sa people are great for friends and understanding.. a partner its actually quite hard work. If she had sa, she would have to be quite a remarkable woman, and they do exist, for me to date her tbh. They exist but its rare and probably easier to find a non sa person.

Most sa people, men or women, have got 'issues' that are hard to overcome. It takes two quite remarkable people to both overcome their problems without atleast one of them being a drain on the other.

Thats just my experience though so.. yeh.
Old 19th June 2008, 01:47

Mood
Cool

I think at least half the problem is that some lads feel that a dating site on here would improve their chances and help them to find love but neglect the fact that it wouldn't actually help them to tackle the issues that prevent them from getting involved with someone, fear of rejection probably being one of the main.
Old 19th June 2008, 13:33
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
I am under the impression that people seeking relationships are not allowed to mention the fact. Despite this, some have. I think my suggestion in post #4 sounds reasonable. Can we have some clarification on the what is/is not allowed in the Penpal and other 'contact' forums, please?
Well, basically, the following applies to the entire board, including the particular forums you mention:

Quote:
- Advertisements or links for the purpose of dating are not permitted on the public forums. Posts/threads discussing dating (dating sites in particular) will be reviewed on a case by case basis, and will be removed at the Moderators' discretion.
http://www.social-anxiety-community...._new_faq_item2

Quote:
Whilst a dating section here seems highly unlikely to happen, I think if people are looking for possible relationships, they should be allowed to state this in posts made in the Penpals forum. Over the years, some members have been allowed to do this, whilst other members have not. There has been little consistency in my opinion.
Although that may have been seen to be acceptable in the past, we wouldn't be happy with it taking place now. I would advise anyone that has any concerns about a post that they're going to make that is related to dating in any way, to run it by one of the Mod/Admin teams before posting it
Old 20th June 2008, 23:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultus
Well, basically, the following applies to the entire board, including the particular forums you mention:
http://www.social-anxiety-community...._new_faq_item2
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 29th June 2008, 08:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose
Have you noticed that "Satan's deranged hamster" hasn't said a dickie bird since he started this thread? he's a right little secret grenade thrower isn't he?

I was talking to someone online last night and I misunderstood what they were suggesting for an SAUK meet. I thought they were suggesting a speed dating meet. I said it would never work because of the ratio of men to women that would turn up

Thinking about it, i would imagine this would be the nearest you could get to encouraging dating amongst users of this site, without breaking any rules...... but it would never work.
Hello again everyone !1

I have not managed to get online since the last Sunday I was on here.

To be honest even I am not sure now about how helpful a dating section would be, mainly due to the vast proportion of males setting themselves up for an even more depressed state by looking at their own threads sink into oblivion with Replies total of "zero". Then again you need to push the boat out at some point, having a go at dating in SA land is one way of doing this.

If you're keen enough to take on something tougher, you can find ways of meeting the normal people. For example I have tried non-SA meets in the past, they can be difficult but I suppose it depends on the sort of people who turn up too.

There is another angle on the speed dating thing. There were attempts by some past members, to have a group of SA guys club together, and go to en masse to a non-SA speed dating event, not specifically as an SA meet.

A tall order indeed, but someting that feasibly could be done.
Old 29th June 2008, 13:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet bloke with talkative cow
What I want to know is will some enterprising bod on this site fill the gap and set up their own (non con) dating site ? I wouldn't mind paying say £1.50 a month.
Someone (now either an ex or inactive member) did just this. The same person also had a site selling sex toys and the like. I could be wrong, but I don't think the mods here approved of the sites getting mentions. Possibly this is part of the reason that some members are careful in which dating sites they mention here.
Closed Thread