SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th September 2013, 11:58

Default Re: The 30+ how are you feeling thread

^ You don't sound about 6, you sound like someone who just needs a hug.
Also, I've just realised who you used to be too. You were the first person i said more than two words to on this site, and the only person i've ever known to put spaces both before and after your commas (which is an endearing quirk), also your insane love for crisps gives you away

Take care

*I cringe whenever i give a virtual hug, it seems so ineffectual. That is the last one i am ever going to give, so cherish it!
Old 7th September 2013, 17:29

^You have way too many packs to hide them all!

Turnip or grope, turnip or grope? The grope is virtual but the turnip is real, i'll take the grope then, i mean the turnip.
Old 8th September 2013, 06:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaRoss
^^^ We will need a room at this rate. Take the turnip , it smells better:

Oh boy, that face, did it just get hot in here or is it just me? So erm, do you rot here often?
Old 9th September 2013, 08:36

^I was talking to t' turnip!

That picture is like a snapshot of my future, although quite why i have decided upon gingham curtains is anyone's guess - maybe i finally lose my goddamned mind!
Old 9th September 2013, 11:16

Feel like I want to go and hide under my duvet and not come out for a while. I cant cope with pretending to be a grown up, back to feeling like an adolescent trapped in a 31 years old body
Old 9th September 2013, 18:12

Quote:
Typical. People prefer turnips to me , no wonder I feel (see what I did there..) like a floating sausage today.

The gingham matches the dapper shirt you wear when not running naked around town centres:
Aww I didn't say i preferred the turnip, it was just those deep eyes and that alluring grin that suckered me in. I did see , yes

That's not me, I never tuck my shirt in, that man is an imposter!
Old 9th September 2013, 22:13

^ I was looking at the turnip but thinking of you

'Sacks made o straw' - i ain't that posh!
Old 18th September 2013, 09:14

Mood
Procrastinating

It's my birthday coming up in 3 days (and I have no plans to celebrate it) so I am feeling pretty miserable. Plus the weather has been terrible.
Old 19th September 2013, 23:29
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeratty
It's my birthday coming up in 3 days (and I have no plans to celebrate it) so I am feeling pretty miserable. Plus the weather has been terrible.
Hey! we have almost the same birthday...well done us, eh?
Old 20th September 2013, 15:36

Old and tired and pointless (and not even in the quiz show way).
Old 21st September 2013, 00:59

^I actually just went and re-read the entire thread out of paranoia that I'd said something horrible but I can't for the life of me see the bit where anyone says the stuff you mentioned.

That's your SA speaking, no one thinks you've done anything wrong missy. You are far too hard on yourself.
Old 21st September 2013, 01:14

Mood
Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-2 Schneider
I don't see it as anything to apportion blame to, if meets aren't your thing then so what?

Meets aren't my thing and i'm not a witty online personality but that's just life plus this place isn't exactly busy so if you don't click with the small bunch of regular posters you've no chance.

Just hope there is still such a thing as real life out there since i'm not cut out for a virtual existence :/
Is this a cliquey site? I'm new here, so it's hard to ascertain but I do hate forum cliques.
Old 21st September 2013, 10:07

Mood
Amused

Quote:
Not sure, if i'm honest I think it's more what I was saying about lack of numbers.
I've seen people excluded in the past but I if you don't have much in common with somebody you aren't obligated to speak to them.

I'm at the stage where I don't have anything much to say anymore, you can only tell your story so many times and I don't feel qualified to offer support so I dont.
I don't think I have much in common with anyone anymore - my taste in everything appear to shift increasing towards the more 'alternative' everyday, to the point where my general interests are so exclusive that I feel like I alienate myself completely from 99% of the population, even my sister finds it hard to establish a common ground on which to chit-chat.

So, if I do initially get generally frosty reception on here, that's probably understandable, especially with me being a newcomer an' all.

Like you, I really don't feel qualified to offer support at all and therefore, there are parts of the forum I darn't enter. So, on the whole, I tend to keep my post light and frothy, avoiding the bigger issues, which I guess could make me appear somewhat shallow and with an issue based forum, that might be a disadvantage.

Well, we'll see.
Old 21st September 2013, 11:09

^Exclusive interests, yes! I'd love to hear more (only if you feel comfortable). There are quite a few people on here with strange, rare and unique hobbies/interests I love hearing about them. It gives me inspiration for things to do in the future.

This is the most welcoming online community I've experienced in my life and far from frosty/cliquey I think. Welcome.
Old 21st September 2013, 14:38

Mood
Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba
^Exclusive interests, yes! I'd love to hear more (only if you feel comfortable). There are quite a few people on here with strange, rare and unique hobbies/interests I love hearing about them. It gives me inspiration for things to do in the future.

This is the most welcoming online community I've experienced in my life and far from frosty/cliquey I think. Welcome.
Well, you'll hear all 'bout my quirky obsessions in time.....you've all been warned.
Old 21st September 2013, 14:53

Mood
Melancholy

^ I'm looking forward to it. I'm always on the look out for new, interesting things to learn about. Hi, by the way.
Old 21st September 2013, 14:55

Mood
Melancholy

I love looking at old buildings - especially abandoned ones. If that makes me a geek, then so be it. Don't let anyone tell you how you should or shouldn't be.

Quote:
I fear i've opened canned worms

My point was I put a lot of effort into people in the past and if nothing positive came out of those associations , why blame me?
That thread is uncomfortable to read in parts for me because of the assumptions made.

On a different note...
It's only natural that people who have met or message each other talk to each other on threads.
Anyone can post and join in though , it's just a shame that most members seem to be messaging or lurking at the moment.
My hobbies and interests are quite dull to others (I was told off recently for wasting time looking at old buildings) or uncommon which is why someone mentioning Italo Disco stood out.
I'm too old to care if people don't share my tastes but no-one is 100% unique so i'd be able to find one shared interest/opinion if pushed.
Old 26th September 2013, 21:53

^Sorry Rufus but I disagree. No one would be silly enough to think that meets are a cure.
Old 27th September 2013, 03:02

I agree with Diana you have to be fairly proactive and join in/initiate stuff for people to interact woth you, it's human nature. The times when I kept myself distant on here I remember feeling very invisible so maybe it's that.

Even if meets are a key factor for many of us to recover, they help different people in different ways and won't be benificial for everyone with SA. You said earlier you dont want to mix with youngsters that surprised me as average age of the Derby meet Saturday will be about 35 I reckon.

In any case I wondered if perhaps you mistook people's exuberance about meets as a sign that you should be at them or a sign that people looked down on you if you didn't have the ability/desire to attend. Everyone needs to do whatever it is that's best for them of course but some can get a bit naive about how different all our different versions of SA are (I admit I may have been like this in the past).
Old 27th September 2013, 09:45

Quote:
Feeling pretty good, had a productive day down at the Learn Direct centre,
One of the tutor's said she doesn't recognise me from the frightened person who turned up 3 months ago which is pretty good to hear, I actually feel comfortable down there now and have a few people to chat with.

nice one!
Old 27th September 2013, 20:34

Nobody deserves to suffer, apart from maybe Rolf Harris.
Old 27th September 2013, 20:34

Why Rolf Harris? What's he done?
Old 27th September 2013, 20:43

Quote:
I've two more weeks until my next session restarts (I needed a break so opted for a four week gap) and i'm starting to count the days. Would be nice to have options when being alone feels boring.

I am looking forward to the final IT crowd though
Oh shit, yeah, i forgot about that, should be on soon now. Get your kettle on!
Old 27th September 2013, 20:59

^I don't even think he has been convicted so it's all conjecture but, either way, it's weird as I learnt to draw by following one of his drawing books for kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Little
Why Rolf Harris? What's he done?
Knocked an innocent 'roo out once!
Old 27th September 2013, 23:18

Quote:
^I don't even think he has been convicted so it's all conjecture but, either way, it's weird as I learnt to draw by following one of his drawing books for kids!

Knocked an innocent 'roo out once!
I don't know if you're taking the piss or not and i cba to check, so if i repeat this and you were lying i shall look a fool on your account.
Rolf is considered a legend round my way. We had a rat problem in our town until one day Rolf came passing through with his didgeridoo and sucked them all up. But seriously, he is worshiped here, just because one of his ancestors used to live here. Woefully, it's our town's biggest claim to fame: Rolf Harris' Great Granpappy used to live here... until he saw sense and jumped on a prison ship bound for Australia.
Old 27th September 2013, 23:38

Quote:
I don't even think he has been convicted so it's all conjecture but, either way, it's weird as I learnt to draw by following one of his drawing books for kids!
I loved to watch him painting when I was a kid back in the 70s, with his big canvas "can you see what it is yet" style.I'll be so disappointed if he gets convicted.To be honest, despite what he may have done, I'll feel so bad for him that I might even send him a card to thank him for teaching me to appreciate painting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus
Actually I used to get far more comments on Flickr than I do now just like SAUK. Being a miserable bastard means you get ignored everywhere!
I think photography has gone slightly out of fashion again.There was a huge surge of interest with digital cameras which has blown over now.Actually I think your photography was always good and has steadily improved.
Old 28th September 2013, 13:33

Quote:
I really enjoyed it and almost felt tingly during the final scene
I liked it, it felt like a standard episode (something that most other specials usually don't). Damn shame it's the last one though.
Old 30th September 2013, 23:11

Head feels like a lumpen patchwork quilt.
Old 4th October 2013, 14:27

Just pissed off. My new house is a barrage of endless problems, and as soon as I start to make progress with one then another 4 or 5 emerge. I'm gutted at myself for buying such an unsuitable property, anxious from having to deal with so many different people to fix the issues, and very very tired. And its eating into the time I am meant to be spending on work. Because I am stressing relentlessly about the problems I need to fix, I cannot concentrate on anything else. Meh.
Old 4th October 2013, 20:42

Mood
Alienated

I'm feeling awful, the loneliness is eating me from the inside out and it has been for years. I hope my life ends soon.