SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 16th January 2014, 20:55

Default Re: Type What You're Thinking About Right Now (6)

Must remember that I don't like cognac gaaaahhhhh!

Or Teen Titans Go! How could they do that to my beloved cartoon?

I'm thoroughly confused about why my dad is listening to radio city, it's all current chart music. I'd rather he was listening to his usual smooth fm crap, it doesn't penetrate the walls as much.
Old 16th January 2014, 21:51

^Is Radio City a radio station? I'd be disappointed if they did anything but just play this on repeat
http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL42...&v=Yz9hHjtWsu8
Old 16th January 2014, 22:27
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG
just worked out why every time i tried to watch channel 4 live it comes up with insufficient broadband speed...adblock plus! temporary disabled it and it works fine.
BBC live is much better on my netbook.
Old 16th January 2014, 22:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Huntsbach
^Is Radio City a radio station? I'd be disappointed if they did anything but just play this on repeat
It is a radio station but no they play pop music, basically the same 20 songs on repeat.
It's broadcast from this

Before I moved to Manchester it was the tallest structure in Liverpool but now it is the 2nd. Bit of useless trivia for you there.
Old 16th January 2014, 22:46

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
If they did they'd still have a longer playlist than some stations. Besides, I'd forgotten how good Big Star were.
Old 16th January 2014, 22:54

Why the **** is my youtube username on this video?! Oh yeah I commented on it 5 years ago, that would make sense
Old 16th January 2014, 23:02
Banned

Mood
Scared

Default Re: Re: Type What You're Thinking About Right Now (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost.of.an.englishman
I'm past even this. I'm now at bassist in a Bon Jovi tribute band length. Not a good look
oohhh that trumps Barlow. Though the competitor in me says im not entirely beat and is up for a hair-off with you.
Dont fancy my chances in this one tbf. Think I might need to summon up the power of the Madeley.
Old 16th January 2014, 23:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotiger
It is a radio station but no they play pop music, basically the same 20 songs on repeat.
It's broadcast from this

Before I moved to Manchester it was the tallest structure in Liverpool but now it is the 2nd. Bit of useless trivia for you there.
I have a head full of useless trivia, now I have a little bit more. Maybe I should put it on my CV under additional skills…

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRescueBlues
If they did they'd still have a longer playlist than some stations. Besides, I'd forgotten how good Big Star were.
Indeed they are!

What does it mean if almost every band I like either shares members with or writes songs about other bands I like? Does that show some narrow mindedness in my tastes?
Old 17th January 2014, 04:44

Mood
Scurvy

OMFG. Again while talking to someone in the u.k I been informed about someone else who had suggested I came to canada because I was trying to get away from my ex's or suggesting I was running away from women in the u.k. (More specifically the sauk brand.) This is several peeps now. This is what people seem to think/discuss about me behind my back...across an ocean lol. WHYYYYYY?! =0

What the hell lols.. Idk why people are thinking this. My reputation my god . Peoples imaginations! Such sinister ideas.

Iv only got a few ex's from here.. What can be expected? I been around for over a decade now. People have wild imaginations of just what exactly I do get up to.

Sure I had a few loose ends...but I was hardly running away lol. Im a decent guy behaving correctly.

I swear I had full control of my situation in the u.k. Nothing sinister behind me leaving. Just a cheeky character.

People must have some kinda over active imagination disorder on top of their s.a.

So yes..I cleared that up m'kay. Over active imagination disorder. OAID.

(This is all in jest...I dont mind these people talking about me on some rare occasions. I would imagine they have better things to do most the time.)

BUT I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!! - You person who suggested it. The grapevine grows in between every nook and cranny, with ears listening. I hear you speaking about me.

Cheeky woman. =p *hugs* Its a good thing I enjoy your company and you helped me out when I needed it.

Oh my oh my oh my... The people who OAID about me and get caught doing it.
Old 17th January 2014, 11:51

thinking about going for a walk in my new waterproof coat that postie just delivered.
Old 17th January 2014, 16:16

The staff at the job centre (at least the one I went to today) really are quite unhelpful.

"Hello, I had to leave my job yesterday and I'm not really sure what my next step is***8230;"
The man hands me a leaflet. "Go to this website, fill in your details. It'll tell you how long until you can claim JSA."
"Actually I'd prefer to not claim anything, I really want to try and get another job before it comes to that".
He hands me another leaflet. "Go to this website, fill in your details. It's it jobs on there."

I would have thought someone who wears a suit to work does more than hand out leaflets.

The career advisor I went to after was a bit more helpful, and I popped into a recruitment agency but the department I needed is closed until Monday. I'm determined to bounce back from this.
Old 17th January 2014, 16:27

^it's worth starting a claim for job seekers online even if you don't end up using it.
Old 17th January 2014, 17:12

Wondering at how this is a story, dear oh dear Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-website.html

Racist random password generators, who'd have thought it
Old 17th January 2014, 17:18
Global Moderator

^^ I'm ashamed to admit that did make me chuckle
Old 17th January 2014, 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG
^it's worth starting a claim for job seekers online even if you don't end up using it.
I will, still would have been nice to get a bit more guidance. I hear people complaining all the time about how they're forced to attend courses and given steps they have to take or they have their money stopped. I don't want a penny from them but I do want all that other stuff. In their eyes there are no people, just statistics.
Old 17th January 2014, 18:00

^those courses aren't there to help any one find work they're there to get people off benefits by making the hoops more difficult to jump through. i've been signing on for about six months now on and off i've asked several times about any courses they might have but they offer nothing.
Old 17th January 2014, 18:19

my broadbands rubbish today

edit: think it's broken.
Old 17th January 2014, 18:20

Quote:
The staff at the job centre (at least the one I went to today) really are quite unhelpful.

"Hello, I had to leave my job yesterday and I'm not really sure what my next step is…"
The man hands me a leaflet. "Go to this website, fill in your details. It'll tell you how long until you can claim JSA."
"Actually I'd prefer to not claim anything, I really want to try and get another job before it comes to that".
He hands me another leaflet. "Go to this website, fill in your details. It's it jobs on there."

I would have thought someone who wears a suit to work does more than hand out leaflets.

The career advisor I went to after was a bit more helpful, and I popped into a recruitment agency but the department I needed is closed until Monday. I'm determined to bounce back from this.

Welcome to the world of the Jobcentre. You are now Pablo Huntsbach N°37597947789.
Old 17th January 2014, 18:22

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59301

I remember seeing this horrible case on my local news and so was sad to hear that the killer/co-conspirators may end up serving shorter sentences. If you're willing to sign the petition, please do so.

Here's a round-up of the case: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-22764771
Old 17th January 2014, 18:40
Banned at own request

Do us SAers put too much conscious effort towards trying to make friends?
Old 17th January 2014, 18:44

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59301

I remember seeing this horrible case on my local news and so was sad to hear that the killer/co-conspirators may end up serving shorter sentences. If you're willing to sign the petition, please do so.

Here's a round-up of the case: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-22764771
Signed with enormous pleasure.
Closed Thread