Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd January 2016, 14:58

Mood
Mellow

Default Experiences with blogging?

Does anyone own and frequently update their own blog? e.g. wordpress, blogger, tumblr? I have a wordpress one that I don't use anymore, more set up so I could mess about with one but didn't exactly go anywhere with it.

Now that I'm working through an online diploma, which has emphasis on blogging, I'm a bit more to grips with the fundamentals of it - design, planning, distrubting it. I would like to set up another which I can use for experience and evidence when applying for jobs (I'm looking into online admin, marketing type jobs) but also just because I think it will be fun and give me a hobby lol

I'm just thinking of plans at moment, wanting it to focus on health, happiness and wellbeing and possibly speak about my experience with general and social anxiety. I think I'm more worried about not being able to maintain it and how to get it out to more visitors, I doubt many people on my facebook would be that interested in regularly reading it. I'm not expecting miracles and I know these things take a while to develop, hence why I'm just researching at moment.

Anyone got experience with blogging? What do you write about and how are you getting on with it? Thanks