SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 9th November 2006, 18:22

Mood
Bored

Default My sister confirmed what i thought

After chatting to my sister today about old times,we came onto the subject of a past school i went to(primary) and how she remembered i had lots of friends their. So i told her my thoughts on having selective mutism after leaving that school,and moving to another which i believe caused a emotional trauma to me,and she agreed.And said also she thought i would of been ok if i had stayed at that school...was surpirsing to hear from her,and from a outside perpective since its only i have had keep the thoughts mainly to myself.
EDIT: I did feel alittle bit : ( after our conversation,with a big what if in my mind but its something you just cant change what is the point in dwelling on the past.
Old 19th November 2006, 23:19

Default Re: My sister confirmed what i thought

yea.
the past is the past.

and its not like youre at a point of no return.
see what you can do today instead and go from there.

my 2 cents
Old 20th November 2006, 09:21

Mood
Sleepy

hey luara,

i find it strange when people put into words what i have been thinking for a while. makes you think, "dam i was right".

Does your sister know about your SA? Did she say that she noticed a change in you from who you were in primary school. I think talking to her about it would be really good.

tc. darren
Old 20th November 2006, 20:02

Mood
Bored

Hi thanks for repyling.

hey darren,yeh my sister knows but i dont think she fully understands which i cant blame her.She just seemed to agree with me on what i saying to her.

I was sort of waiting for a apology 2 from her because i thought maybe she would see from the times when she was horrid to me that didnt help(called me friendless etc at school) but their wasnt one and i reminded her of what she use to do,
lining up her xmas cards then pointing out how many she had and how little i had,she laughed and i laughed but i guess really a sorry would of been nice,oh well cant have it all.
Old 20th November 2006, 20:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslaura
guess really a sorry would of been nice,oh well cant have it all.
An apology from a sibling?

Hell would have to freeze over first.

It's a loooooooooooooong wait for that.
Old 20th November 2006, 20:20

Mood
Crappy

Hmm, I've been thinking along the same lines.

Back in high school, i was fairly popular, had a great group of friends and was generally happy in my own skin. The school didn't have a sixth form at the time, it was just about to become one, but only offered non-academic courses, so most of my teachers advised me against staying on.

I think most of us would of definitely stayed on there, it was an excellent school.

But instead I went to a Sixth form in a different borough, and carried over no old friends with me, and for some reason I just couldn't fit in, a combination of bullying and not having the initial security of other friends to just simply melt into scene.
Closed Thread